ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunshineusa
BANNED

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by sunshineusa » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Got a customer service reply " considered and waiting approval" what does that mean

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:26 am

sunshineusa wrote:Got a customer service reply " considered and waiting approval" what does that mean
Hi

its just an ambiguous way of saying awaiting a decision from the ECO. The 3 states are open, awaiting a decision and decided.

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:38 am

hello today i got reply my email status checked

Thank you for your email dated 15/06/17 regarding the status of your application.

As you can see, the status is still awaiting a decision and it was last updated on 01/06/17.
If you provide the following information, I will be able to refer your case to the relevant department:

can some one put light what its meanz that ' awaiting Decision " i will be great full

some one have similar in awaiting decision time

winzero8
Newly Registered

Post by winzero8 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 am

I have made my application in feb.
Have not got any decision yet.
I got an email in May that my supporting documents are not found by them.
I made enquiries and the case was escalated
Now it is saying "awaiting a decision"every time i call or email them.
Can someone tell me about the online tracker?
Has that worked for anyone?

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:25 am

Hi winzero8

Check your visa status on the below link with your get number.

Type GWF...

It doesn't work for me. It says gwf number not recognized. But for some it works.
Check and tell us if you get lucky with the link

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... s/session/

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 am

Neosprin wrote:Hi winzero8

Check your visa status on the below link with your get number.

Type GWF...

It doesn't work for me. It says gwf number not recognized. But for some it works.
Check and tell us if you get lucky with the link

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... s/session/
Remember this tracker is for inside UK applications, and mostly will return something AFTER you application has been decided

winzero8
Newly Registered

Post by winzero8 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:59 am

Hi
neosprin
Thank u for the link..
Is it for all kind of applications? Or just for the applications made in uk?

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:11 am

Hi all
I had to join as my husband send apllication from belgrade 8 march2017. In april he received email"on hold".5th may they send him back his passport but no documents at all.only a letter saying ex. same as email"on hold".we have paid priority service.
Very worried as they send back passport and nothing is been happening since.
Can anyone send on which email you guys require about your apllications?
does this mean thats it?they will forget the whole thing and dont even contact him any more?very worried :(
Thanks guys

tarunmsn1981
BANNED

UK spouse visa on hold & massive delays

Post by tarunmsn1981 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:11 am

Miss UK wrote:hello today i got reply my email status checked

Thank you for your email dated 15/06/17 regarding the status of your application.

As you can see, the status is still awaiting a decision and it was last updated on 01/06/17.
If you provide the following information, I will be able to refer your case to the relevant department:

can some one put light what its meanz that ' awaiting Decision " i will be great full

some one have similar in awaiting decision time

OPEN - We are reviewing your application. We'll contact you if we need more information.
PENDING/AWAITING A DECISION - Your application has been considered and is awaiting a decision.
DECIDED - The decision has been posted to you. You Should receive this within 10 working day. We can not discuss this decision online or by phone.
COMPLETED - We have now completed all our actions and your case has been closed. We can not discuss the outcome of your application online or by telephone.

Awaiting Decision means : I believe application has cleared all payments and an ECO has checked thoroughly and a decision will be taken shortly (Again shortly means could be anytime before 2020 :-)

On Hold : I don't know much about this but i Believe whoever's (sponsor's) income exceed narrowly or close to 18600 then their application putting onhold.i might be wrong.

I want write a letter to HO. Can anyone please confirm the below sheffield settlement visa office :
Settlement applications
International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:13 pm

SimonS wrote:Hi All,

since there is a general consensus that some folks would appreciate a draft letter I provide the following

RE: UKV&I Issue - Spouse Settlement Visa Application - GWF 123456789

Dear your MP’s surname preceded Mr or Mr’s,

I write to you to ask for help with a Government office - UKV&I - that I do not believe is treating me with the correct or even acceptable service standards.

I married my wife/husband in month year and applied for Spouse Settlement Visa for him/her on --/--/--, Biometrics in country on --/--/--. I am a UK citizen from birth/hold ILR status and meet all of the criteria to sponsor his/her application and meet/exceed the minimum earning threshold with Basic Salary £xx pa and additional bonus at x% of basic if applicable.

The next paragraph is for those who paid priority

I paid the optional £551 for priority processing of the application. This service is marketed and sold on the basis that decision is made in 15 working days. On --/--/-- I contacted UKV&I to request an update on the application - x working days after Biometrics. I was advised that

Insert one of the following without the number or bold font and continue paragraph…..

1) the application had not even been assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer at that point
2) The application had been placed on hold without reason
3) The application had been placed on hold due to……(the reason)

For those that did not pay priority ignore above and continue here

I paid the fee required for processing of the application within the service agreement timeframe of x weeks. This service is provided on the basis that decision is made in x weeks. On --/--/-- I contacted UKV&I to request an update on the application - x working days after Biometrics. I was advised that

Insert one of the following without the number or bold font and continue paragraph…..

1) the application had not even been assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer at that point
2) The application had been placed on hold without reason
3) The application had been placed on hold due to……(the reason)

Priority and none priority continue new paragraph from here

As of today, I still have not received any update - x weeks. Furthermore, my wife/husband and I have not been contacted by anybody at UKV&I to explain the specific details of the reason for the hold up and we have no idea what is happening with our application - x working days since Biometrics.

For those whose passport has been retained - SPONSOR

Aside from the distress of being apart from my wife/husband for over x weeks and with no idea when I might see him/her next, UKV&I also have custody of my passport.

All

At this point I would also like to share with you that I am not the only individual to find myself in this desperate situation. Several others I am aware of up and down the country are also experiencing the same difficulties. They too have today contacted their MP and the list of MPs’ who have been contacted in relation to this issue with UKV&I are as follows

1)
2) etc

I understand that you cannot in anyway influence the outcome of the application. However, I believe that you are able to make an enquiry direct to UKV&I and find out what is happening with my application and possibly escalate the process. I would be very grateful if would do this for me.

The application number is GWF 123456789
Applicant name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VAF number xxxxxx

I am the sponsor and my contact details are below and you are welcome to contact me at any time.

Kind regards

First name
Full name and title
Address

TEL: xxxxxxxxxx

I hope you find this useful and understand the formatting. Any questions, just ask. Feel free to add at the appropriate point any additional imformation you feel is pertinent to your situation.

Good Luck
Simon
Hi Simon, I really appreciate your time and effort in to making this lovely template. Many thanks

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi all,

Was just reading through the forum and came across many people are unable to track their application status using the online tracker. I was also having the same problem after trying GWF number and IHS number as it was saying not recognised. However, I tracked my application using the VAF number, which was sent via email FROM Sheffield when online application had been received by them. It is 6 digits. Hope this helps and works :)

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:40 pm

cutiieepiie wrote:Hi all,

Was just reading through the forum and came across many people are unable to track their application status using the online tracker. I was also having the same problem after trying GWF number and IHS number as it was saying not recognised. However, I tracked my application using the VAF number, which was sent via email FROM Sheffield when online application had been received by them. It is 6 digits. Hope this helps and works :)
So you just type the six digit number WITHOUT the VAF? or do you enter it as "VAF_123456"?

Nope, just tried it and still doesn't work for me :(

What was the update you received?

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:07 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:

So you just type the six digit number WITHOUT the VAF? or do you enter it as "VAF_123456"?

Hi pixelrage09,

Just the number itself without VAF.

Did you try it without putting VAF?

Ours says awaiting decision last updated 25th May.

winzero8
Newly Registered

Post by winzero8 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Hey guyz

I have checked my status online

It was "not recognized"

But now it says "decided" updated on 15 june.

I have not got any decision made email yet. Rather i sent them an enquiry email on 16th june and got an "awaiting a decision" reply. Now it says it was updated on 15th june.

Has anyone got the same status? What does this mean?

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:10 pm

According to the site any of the reference numbers below can be used to track the application

You can use any of the references listed.
Case Identification Number (CaseID)On letters or emails you received from us 
(If your number starts with a “0”, do not include the “0” when using the checker)12345678
Home Office file reference numberOn letters or emails you received from usA123456
A1234567Payment reference number(PRN)On letters or emails you received after you paid for your applicationAG1234567890/123
Unique application numberOn letters or emails you received from us1234_5678_6789_4321
Biometric Residence Permit numberOn your Biometric Residence Permit cardAB1234567
Immigration Health Surcharge numberThe reference number you received when you applied for the Immigration Health SurchargeIHS123456789
Royal Mail delivery number If you used the Royal Mail delivery service, you can use the tracking numberAB123456789CD

Hope this helps

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi cutiieepiie

Did you applied inside or out side uk
coz its didnt work for me

most people saying its work only when decisions made finally and its only work for inside Uk applications

cutiieepiie wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

Hi pixelrage09,

Just the number itself without VAF.

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi everyone .
I just realized we submitted all documents but just missed one paper SA302 sent to them. Pls tell me this paper SA302 necessary? And how sent to them although untill now they didn't respond anything . But now I'm realy worry for that . Im applied for fiancé visa and already 4month passed

tarunmsn1981
BANNED

Post by tarunmsn1981 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:58 pm

I tried with VAF , GWF & IHS but no luck. Just saying as Not recognised.
After going thru forum update status for me it looks like the status is not same at all. People who able to track at online status got different status compared the with UKVI for same application. Dont knwo whats going ?

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi Trick,
If you have missed a document then ukvi will email you for the same.
Have you applied under category F?

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Anyone got there visa who was on hold ???

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Neosprin wrote:Hi Trick,

Hi neosprin.
Yes we applied category F .At time when applied I was employed and also self employed

meli111
Newly Registered

Post by meli111 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi all
am i on the right forum?Apllication submited in Belgrade and it went to Warshav.4 months all ready.email "on hold"received.as well passport they send back.but no documents and no decision.only letter same as email.
does anyone have same?very worried
Thanks guys

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:14 pm

Trick wrote:

Hi neosprin.
Yes we applied category F .At time when applied I was employed and also self employed

Okay. Well we have applied under the same category and haven't submitted that document. It wasn't mentioned in the requirements. We submitted the contract document, company financials, pay outs, 12 months bank statement and past two years P60.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:56 pm

cutiieepiie wrote:

Yes, tried that too and still nothing. Just says "we are not able to recognize this number etc"

Trick
Newly Registered

Post by Trick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Trick wrote:

Hi neosprin.
Hi Neosprin.
I apply by combine category A and category F to meet financial requirement. I am employed and also self employed. As my self employment started only from middle of the year I combine both income to meet financial requirements. I read in guidance it is possible to meet this requirement to combine these two categories.
-And I submit my tax return from financial year 2015-2016
-Payslips from self employment
-Payslips from employment
P60
-Bank statements
-letter from employer
- cover letter explaining how met financial requirement and how it was calculated written by my accountant.
Now recently I read about SA302 which I missed as I had no knowledge about it and my accountant didn't mentioned anything too. I submitted enough documents to proof my income but these days it seems they are looking for anything small only find reason to refuse. UKVI haven't contacted me about there is anything missing from application yet and it has been already 4 months since applied. This SA302 it's so easy to request from HRMC but I didn't as I had no clue about it and I'm really worried now. Any advice please. Thank you.