ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement VISA UK from USA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sweetserenitynow
Newly Registered

Spouse Settlement VISA UK from USA

Post by Sweetserenitynow » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 am

WIFE of British Citizen applied for Spouse/ Settlement VISA
Interested in actual timelines from recent/ similar cases

ONLINE Application Submitted on : 8 June 2017
Bio metric done: 9 June 2017
Application and Documents delivered to Sheffield on 12 June 2017
Received confirmation of application receipt email on 13 June 2017
Stating that we could expect a decision within 4- 12 weeks!!!

Online settlement VISA from USA at GOV.UK site indicates that 92% are done in 30 days

We are beyond shocked that it could be 12 weeks-- the only information we had was that it would be about 30 days and we hoped for it to be sooner.

Would love to get information from others from the USA applying in recent months what the actual timeline turned out to be. I Heard a rumour that some personnel that would normally deal with USA / UK Spouse VISAs have been reassigned to deal with the great numbers of EU applications, thus they are now very short on staff to deal with USA spouse/settlement VISAS and that is the reason for the 12 week timeframe. 12 weeks is an outrageous amount of time to be away from your spouse in my opinion.

sunshineusa
BANNED

Re: Spouse Settlement VISA UK from USA

Post by sunshineusa » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Hey,

Im exactly the same, wife settlement from usa, to uk husband. Did you apply prioirty? If you didnt that might be the case. Alot of non priorities becasue of understaffing, election changes, busy travel time are very delayed. alot of people on here wait like 3 months its a joke just to say YES or NO. If you paid priority, expect 15 ( maybe 20 ) working days. In probably better times it can be 5-10.

I am priority and ive waited 9 working days so far.

NickR
Newly Registered

Post by NickR » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:36 pm

sunshineusa wrote:Hey,

Im exactly the same, wife settlement from usa, to uk husband. Did you apply prioirty? If you didnt that might be the case. Alot of non priorities becasue of understaffing, election changes, busy travel time are very delayed. alot of people on here wait like 3 months its a joke just to say YES or NO. If you paid priority, expect 15 ( maybe 20 ) working days. In probably better times it can be 5-10.

I am priority and ive waited 9 working days so far.
Hi sunshineusa

only a few days since you posted but have you had any luck? Thanks

Sb1993
Newly Registered

Post by Sb1993 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Just following up on applying for spouse visa for my wife (USA to UK)
We applied by priority service - confirmed received in Sheffield on 15th May, 25 business days later still awaiting decision! Been following another forum with a priority timeline for month of May and nobody else has received a decision email since the June 5th :(

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:51 pm

There has been backlog while processing these visas. According to solicitors and many timeline posts shows that it is taking around 8 weeks for priority and 3-6 months for non-priority that too if there's no hold emails (case not straight forward or supreme court decision email)

There has been lucky ones who has got their visas slightly earlier than mentioned timelines but that depends on individual circumstances and probably some luck being on their side. Still there is movement so have hope to get your decisions soon.

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Never heard back. so angry. 11 working days.

NickR
Newly Registered

Post by NickR » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:10 pm

sunshineusa wrote:Never heard back. so angry. 11 working days.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Hope it resolves itself in time for you

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:08 am

I got an email this morning from UKVI customer service just saying " considered and awaiting approval" loooks like any time now.

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:18 pm

So i just got an email saying my" application was received in UKVI in new york and being assembled and prepared for assessment from my package was sent from sheffield to new york. Wife Priority Settlment from USA.

Is this a bit concerning why new york has it now? and sheffield didnt do it the whole time?

sunshineusa
BANNED

Post by sunshineusa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:55 pm

I realized they also gave me the old GWF number that i got a refund for.... as they emailed me that thing from new york.

I called ukvi to confrim they werent processing one that was already refunded.

They had to " escalate it ".

What else can I do? I also emailed my MP?

Shes been on to my case. Should I disregard the New york email?