ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T 2G extesion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dan245
Newly Registered

T 2G extesion

Post by Dan245 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:54 am

Hello Forum members,

The new HR doesnt seem quite confident, so I just wanted to confirm the following with regards to my Tier 2 extension/COS.

Tier 2G visa granted from India
visa validity : 01/10/14 to 31/10/17

* I understand I can apply the extension in UK ?
* My salary has increased but I am guessing my SOC will remain the same since I have the same job title at the same company and that exempts me from RLMT too ?
* I don't need to provide Maintenance funds proof ?
* Do I need to provide criminal record certificate ? (my job comes under this category)

* So the COS start date should be 01/11/17 and it need to be applied by the company in August allocation ?
* If its not available in August, Will COS definitely be assigned before my visa end date ?
* I understand T2G max stay is 6 years to the day, so do I calculate it from my start date ? if so mine would be 30/09/2020 ?
* Can i confirm my COS dates to my HR as (01/11/17 to 30/09/2020)
* Do I have to pay health surcharge(200 per year) since its extension ?
* Is it usual for the company to pay health surcharges ?
* Does my company have to pay Immigration skill charges ?
* I understand I can apply for ILR after 5 years. So is it advisable just to get 2 years extension to save some money ? With Brexit looming, not sure how the rules are going to change but still ?

Thank you in advance.

Bumblebee0911
Newly Registered

Re: T 2G extesion

Post by Bumblebee0911 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:32 pm

I will provide some answers according to my knowledge for your questions;

I understand I can apply the extension in UK ? yes, provided your sponsor agreed to do so
* My salary has increased but I am guessing my SOC will remain the same since I have the same job title at the same company and that exempts me from RLMT too ? If your SOC is exactly the same at the time of the extension there is no need of a RLMT
* I don't need to provide Maintenance funds proof ? Not a must
* Do I need to provide criminal record certificate ? (my job comes under this category) I learnt that criminal record certificate is required only for fresh applications/out side the UK, not for extensions inside the UK

* Do I have to pay health surcharge(200 per year) since its extension ? Yes
* Is it usual for the company to pay health surcharges ? Not usual

* I understand I can apply for ILR after 5 years. So is it advisable just to get 2 years extension to save some money ? With Brexit looming, not sure how the rules are going to change but still ? - i believe it is best to get the full 3 year extension

Dan245
Newly Registered

Post by Dan245 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:21 am

Thank you for your prompt response Bumblebee.

Can someone else help me with my other queries please ? I am desperate to know about the COS dates as I have read couple of threads here where HR made mistakes etc.

Thank you in advance.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:25 pm

* Can i confirm my COS dates to my HR as (01/11/17 to 30/09/2020- yes. this ok. As the total number will be 6 years.

Please note that you must use the COS within 3 months of issuance.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.