ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa criminal record check

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dezaianne
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Vusa application with dependent

Post by Dezaianne » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi there,

I am applying for tier 2 general visa and planning to apply a dependent visa for my husband. May I know the requirements that we need to prepare so that we can both fly to UK together at the same time? Thanks in advance!

Dezaianne
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general visa criminal record check

Post by Dezaianne » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi,

I'm applying from outside UK and I understand that criminal record check is mandatory for all places you've stayed for more than 12 months for the last 10 years. I worked in Saudi Arabia for 2 years (2012-2014) and was able to get a police clearance before leaving, however it already expired. Can I use my final exit visa instead? I can no longer get a new one since I don't have any representative to process it in Saudi.

Thanks in advance!

Dezaianne
Newly Registered

COS Release time frame

Post by Dezaianne » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Hello there,

I submitted my requirement for COS last week of March and still no COS was allocated for me. According to my agency, we just have to wait. How long should the processing go? Based on my research, they are allocating Cos monthly. Is there a problem with my employer? They are not mentioning any problem with my documents though. Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: COS Release time frame

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:12 am

Dezaianne wrote:Hello there,

I submitted my requirement for COS last week of March and still no COS was allocated for me. According to my agency, we just have to wait. How long should the processing go? Based on my research, they are allocating Cos monthly. Is there a problem with my employer? They are not mentioning any problem with my documents though. Thanks in advance!
What do you mean by "agency"?

On a licensed sponsor who will be your employer can issue you a CoS
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dezaianne
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Vusa application with dependent

Post by Dezaianne » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Dezaianne wrote: What do you mean by "agency"?

On a licensed sponsor who will be your employer can issue you a CoS
Thanks for your reply. Does this mean the problem is my employer? Are they not allocating me cos on time? My friends had their cos for 3 weeks but was almost 4 months now

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: COS Release time frame

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:06 pm

CR001 wrote:What do you mean by "agency"?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dezaianne
Newly Registered

Post by Dezaianne » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:20 pm

By agency I mean they are the ones handling my application for the employer. They are my recruitment agency based in UK since Im applying from Philippines

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:40 pm

The hold up is with your employer then. They request the CoSand they issue it to you provided all processes and procedures have been met.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Dezaianne
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa criminal record check

Post by Dezaianne » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi,

I'm applying from outside UK and I understand that criminal record check is mandatory for all places you've stayed for more than 12 months for the last 10 years. I worked in Saudi Arabia for 2 years (2012-2014) and was able to get a police clearance before leaving, however it already expired. Can I use my final exit visa instead? I can no longer get a new one since I don't have any representative to process it in Saudi.

Thanks in advance!