ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Rejected English Ability

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vsharma1986
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Rejected English Ability

Post by vsharma1986 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help. I applied for Tier 2 visa which refused stating that I have submitted NARIC which confirm qualifications however, you have not submitted your original degree certificate. It was refused under 245HB (e) Appendix B 10 points.

As per my understanding I have submitted NARIC which itself states that I am proficient user in English C1 and I am post graduate. I am not sure still why original degree certificate required. Even when we apply for UK visa , it is no where specified on Visa website ( https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/docum ... st-provide) that we have to provide original degree certificate.

Could you please suggest do I apply for administrative review or reapply for new visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Rejected English Ability

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:21 pm

AR will fail as UKVI have not made and error.

The Tier 2 Policy guidance clearly states on page 31 that the original degree is required.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04_17.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vsharma1986
Newly Registered

Post by vsharma1986 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Thanks CR001, for the response. I have gone through the document you provided.

I am applying for visa from outside UK and it was my first application.

I did go VFS FAQ and it is mentioned No for Originals. Please refer to the same question in this page:
http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/faqs.html

Do I need to submit originals of any documents when applying for a visa to India?

And similarly, when I went on my appointment day, faculty itself state that they don't require originals, they returned my originals and kept the scanned documents and forwarded the same. So how can I submit originals if they returned it? Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Did you submit your original degree certificate for scanning?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vsharma1986
Newly Registered

Post by vsharma1986 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:25 pm

It was not mentioned that degree was required to prove English Ability on the website. So, I submitted scanned copy of NARIC and didn't submit the degree certificate.

I am not able to understand if NARIC is provided which confirms my English Ability then why would they require degree certificate. These degree documents are already submitted to NARIC which proves my English ability. The PDF which you provided doesn't show any thing related to NARIC. NARIC itself proving my English ability at C1 level.

My known people, didn't provide the degree certificate however still get the visa with NARIC

Could you please advise, can I submit AR with degree certificate to reconsider.

vsharma1986
Newly Registered

Post by vsharma1986 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please confirm me on my issue.

It was not mentioned that degree is required to prove English Ability on the uk visa website. So, I submitted scanned copy of NARIC and didn't submit the degree certificate.

I am not able to understand if NARIC is provided which confirms my English Ability then why would they require degree certificate. These degree documents are already submitted to NARIC which proves my English ability. The PDF which you provided doesn't show any thing related to NARIC. NARIC itself proving my English ability at C1 level.

My known people, didn't provide the degree certificate however still get the visa with NARIC

Could you please advise, can I submit AR with degree certificate to reconsider

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Your degree would be required to verify the document that NARIC has assessed!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vsharma1986
Newly Registered

Post by vsharma1986 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Thanks for confirming.

Can I submit degree certificate with AR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:18 pm

No you can't submit it to AR and even if you do, it is likely to be ignored as AR is a review of the application and documents you submitted for your visa. AR is only applicable if HO/UKVI have made an error. They obviously have not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)