ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor's Visa For Unemployed/Dependent Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bsac19
Newly Registered

Family Visitor's Visa For Unemployed/Dependent Parents

Post by bsac19 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Dear Experts,
May I call upon your expertise to help me with my situation, please?

My parents who are leaving in a rural village in India and have no (at least on paper) source of income. Most of the income they I have been supporting my parents for last 10 years. I am a British citizen with a reputable permanent job. I will be applying for my parent's visitors visa. However, I am very concerned about the application.

I will be covering ALL their expenses (Travel/Accommodation) and be providing them with the sponsor's letter and sponsorship form. My main question is about their financial status. They have merely 2.5 Lacs in their joint account of which I sent 2 Lacs recently. They have some LIC/SAHARA Savings in the range of 1 Lacs.

They have some income sources for example sale of grains etc. but those are all cash transactions in the limit of 8K per month or so. I am saying this as income from other sources. There is no trace of this in the bank account.

My brother lives/works in a nearby city. My parents have a very strong social life with Uncle/Aunt/Mousa/Mousi/Nana/Nani all caring for each other. I will be providing passport of my brother and a letter from Mukhiya. Moreover, I will be providing a letter from the Doctor saying that my Nani needs regular care for which my parents are responsible.

We will be showing property documents including lands/hose/water bill/electricity bill etc.

However, my primary concern is the general rejection comment by the visa officer as follows:

"I must access your personal and financial circumstances in India and based on the evidence you provided. I could not ascertain whether your present financial position would constitute a strong incentive for you to return to India."

How should I go about addressing the abovementioned common rejection comments?

Given that my parents will not have to spend a single penny for their visa/travel and for their time in the UK. Would it make sense to declare that I fully support my parents for their living and also that I have deposited 2 Lacs in their account for their UK travel? They have very basic living standard in village and cost them approx 10K per month, which I bear and tarnsfer to their account.
What else can I do make a strong case for them?

Your knowledge would be of immense help to me.
Many thanks for your time.
Guddu

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visitor's Visa For Unemployed/Dependent Parents

Post by Gnanasekar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi,

Property documents is an advantage in your case. Strong ties with relatives and brother is add-on with proper documentation. Disclosing about medical requirement might turn as double edged sword.

I have not done a fully sponsored visit visa but some of my friends have done for their retired parents and been successful.

I would recommend to have a decent amount of credit and debit transaction in the bank book for a stronger case.

Hope this helps.

bsac19
Newly Registered

Post by bsac19 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Many thanks for your response. Any additional feed from your friend would be helpful. When you mentioned the following, did you mean my account or my parent's account? Will it make sense to transfer more to my parent's account or will it raise a question? I have already transferred 2Lacs to my parents' account. We will show ours a healthy account approx GBP10K
Gnanasekar wrote:Hi,
I would recommend to have a decent amount of credit and debit transaction in the bank book for a stronger case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:35 pm

bsac19 wrote:Many thanks for your response. Any additional feed from your friend would be helpful. When you mentioned the following, did you mean my account or my parent's account? Will it make sense to transfer more to my parent's account or will it raise a question? I have already transferred 2Lacs to my parents' account. We will show ours a healthy account approx GBP10K
Gnanasekar wrote:Hi,
Parents accounts. Sudden or large deposits to your parents account will definitely raise suspicions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Post by Gnanasekar » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:04 pm

+1 to CR001 post above.

Any big income is questionable and works against the application. So be very cautious on that.