ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name error on the first UK Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shan77

Name error on the first UK Passport

Post by Shan77 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:04 pm

I made JCAP application in March, received approval in May and attended citizenship ceremony a week ago. This afternoon I received my first UK passport. They wrote my surname correctly but under the 'Given names' section they included my surname with my given names. The naturalisation certificate correctly states my surname and given names so I believe the passport office has made a mistake by including my surname with my given names in the 'given names' section.

I intend to travel in a week time. So my queries are:

1. Can I go to the passport office located in London in person and request them to make the correction?
2. How would I know that which passport office has issued my passport since the issuing authority is written as 'HMPO' in the passport.
3. When I applied for JCAP at wandsworth NCS then I was given a document with barcode to track the passport application. That document has the Liverpool passport office address. Should I assume that my passport was issued from liverpool since their address was listed on that document.

I would highly appreciate if any of the board members can advise me the quickest way to rectify the error.
Many thanks in advance.

Carling40
Australia

Re: Name error on the first UK Passport

Post by Carling40 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:17 am

Hi
Contact the HMPO to inform them of the issue. Their phone number will be in the white leaflet "Your new passport" that
came with your passport. Or you can google contact HMPO.