ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nabsha

Post by nabsha » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:31 pm

It says here, http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/CountrySupport.aspx, that they support online application from pakistan. So I was a bit concerned, as these guys(http://www.ukvacpk.com) are strongly recommending it. any suggestions???

immaad wrote:you can't apply online from pakistan, I think.

Whatever

still in process

Post by Whatever » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:05 pm

nabsha: i beleive that when u make an online application...its valid for 7 days...within which u need to take the prinout of the online application (along with required docs) to the VAC...otherwise if 7 days pass...one needs to make a new online application...

Saby: i called the embassy today...n the guy said..that the application is in the process of enquiries...i asked him what kind....HEC, employer, bank?....he said i cant tell u that neither can i give any timelines...he also said that standard HSMP cases take about 15 working days...unless some additional enquiries are required....so my status is the same...in process...

Immaad/Saby: did u guys go for the protector stamp? how long was the process? have you guys been trying recruiters in UK..? whats the market like..?

regards,

immaad

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:49 pm

the market looks dull at the moment.

nabsha

UK in Recession!!!

Post by nabsha » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:58 am

Watever,
Thanks for the clarification of online application. Do you see any benefits of applying online?, like saving time and money as they say.

List,
"market is dull at the moment."

Yes indeed, it appears that the US recession is also affecting UK market. I am an embedded engineer and the job oppertunities I could find last month and before were more than, what I find now-a-days. But a reason for this is that the industry is now settling. If you notice in Jan/Feb there are lots of job oppertunites, because during xmas vacations, people switch a lot, hence creating quite a few vacancies and by now(Mar/Apr), all holes created due to switching have been filled and we observe a dull market.
But still I believe that UK market is not saturated completely.

Regards,
-Nabsha

Whatever

Got EC

Post by Whatever » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:40 pm

Nabsha: Well..it says on the website that there is a fast track service for online applications...cuz when u go to VAC...there r 3 counters altogether...

1) for taking cash payment (if you are paying by bank draft, this counter is skipped anyway..even without an online application)
2) Accepting of forms/documents & issuance of receipt (in case of bank draft)
3) 3rd counter is Biometrics...n thats it...

So if you are applying online...i beleive you can go to counter 3 directly...but u still need a receipt for the bank draft u wud submit...so i dont see any faster track service for online applications...
n it takes 15-20 minutes anyway...if u reach there at 8 AM in the morning..there is hardly anyone...to submit applications... [most applicants (visit/student) think VAC opens at 9 AM :-) ]

anyways...the real news is...that i got the passports today...[i had applied on 25/01/2008]..with HSMP visa stamped for 2 years...i did request for 3-month post-dated visa with valid reasoning/evidence...but the visa is stamped from 21/02/2008...i applied with 2 dependents...spouse n daugther... n they got the visa stamped too...

Interesting thing is that my application on the website is still showing 'Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 25 Jan 2008'...hehehe

Gerry's did call my dependent rather than calling me (the primary applicant) ...After we got the call for collecting the passport, i called 8865 Gerry's helpline, & asked them my application status..for which they said it was still in process n that i shud call them on Monday...to which i said that i have received the call...so he said that yes u shud go n visit the VAC...so Gerry's system is not very reliable...its best to keep calling the embassy...or simply wait for the call...

I am thking of leaving in 1st or 2nd week of March 2008...to chk the job market there...another important thing is that the requirement for ILR is 4 year 11 months...which means that if one leave after 28 days of the visa being stamped...one wud need to apply for a 2nd FLR after lets say 4 yr 7months...because one wudnt be eligible for the ILR...second important point is that on HSMP...if u r outside the UK for more than 90 days...anytime that u have spent b4 those 90 days become invalid...n cannot be counted in the 4yr11months requirement for the ILR(indefinite)...therefor if one leaves within 28 days...makes an entry...n then comes back (ticket cost consideration ofcourse)...one wud still have 90 days to go back to UK & still meet the ILR requirement...but one CANNOT keep doing that cuz eventually he wud have to find a job n show payslips for 12 months ..to apply for the 3 yr extension FLR (further leave to remain)...anyways...just some things to consider..all this stuff is in the HSMP guidence...

I am very grateful to all the ppl on this forum..who posted on this thread..very useful information....JD, HSMP07, RAW, IMMAD, SABY, NIONLIGHT n all others who have contributed so much...every little helps...!

take care...n all the best..

regards,

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Congrats Whatever!!

Hope to see you soon here.

Regards,
JD

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:22 pm

Hey whatever,

Congratulations on getting the Visa.

Can you please confirm how much cash you have shown in your bank account for you and your family.

Regards,.......Azfer

mrrajawasim

Post by mrrajawasim » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:38 pm

Congrates whatever on getting ur visa stamped all da best for ur upcoming plans...
Regards
wasim

saby

Re: still in process

Post by saby » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:45 pm

whatever: congratulations. I am also thinking of flying on second weekend of march.

to all people on this forum: I am not going for the procter stamp because travel agent is saying that procter is needed only for work permits and not for hsmp visa. Another friend of mine left for uk in jan and he went without procter. Yes people say its better to err on the side of caution but many people have told me not to go for it.

Regarding job search and recruiters: I have been in touch with quite a few recruiters. I am scheduled for a telephonic interview with a client next week and other recruiters have asked me to contact them as soon as I can after I land in uk. I use totaljobs, jobserve and cwjobs to search and I find many relevant jobs for my field (I am an IT security professional). Hopefully I will get hold of one sooner rather than later. but yes that us recession is also affecting uk as well. Thats one of the reasons there arent many openings in some fields.

hsmp07

Congratulations!!

Post by hsmp07 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:49 pm

Congratulations!! Nice to know that you got the EC.

immaad

Post by immaad » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:00 pm

great news whatever, best of luck with the job.

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Attn. nabsha

Latest income tax return must be submitted beside salary certificate of 12 months earnings irrespective of bothering the employer.
Why you have no tax return of tax year 2007 which ended on 30 June 2007?Where an employer files annual statement of deduction ,employee is not required to file his individual return. But one can file when it is required as evidence.
There are always excess deduction on account of telephone,mobile,car,cash withdrawals and bank profit etc which warrant filing of tax return.
My advice is to file the return now and enclose it as an evidence. Tell me in case you face any difficulty.

mrrajawasim

Post by mrrajawasim » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi guys....
I jus got ma initial HSMP approved after waiting for 10 weeks now planning to apply for EC in this regard if ny one can send me sample cover letter for EC it wud b of gr8 help for me.....
ma email is : mrrajawasim@hotmail.com

Regards.
Wasim

nabsha

Congrats Hi Congrats!!!

Post by nabsha » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:23 pm

Whatever,
Many Congrats and best of luck for the job hunting in UK. The fact of entering UK within 28 days applies on your spouse and daughter as well?. As I am planning that I will first go alone and then call them later when I find a proper job to minimize the expenses. What are your plans in this regard?
Also thanks for clarifying the online application process, I think I'll choose the traditional method as it is more reliable.

Jami,
Well actually I switched job in Jan 2007, so the tax deduction my recent employer had were only of 6 months and I didnt collected tax returns from my previous employer. So I was trying to avoid the hassle it would create at my end, and confusion to the BHC. But as per your advice, I will look into it as what can I do about it.

mrrajawasim,
Congrats on your HSMP approval, best of luck with the EC application(y)

Regards,
-Nabsha

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Great WhatEver:) Congerts Man:)
lots of good news are coming now a days Thansk ALLAH :)
Congerts Wasim for geting intial HSMP :)
wish both of you best of Luck
Kash

immaad

Post by immaad » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:13 pm

I am going for protector stamp and international driving license.
Can anybody share their experience and process about them. I know that they may not be required but I dont see anything wrong in it.

Whatever

post on protector

Post by Whatever » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:57 am

Immaad: FI:
hxxp://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php ... =important (replace x with t)

Post copied below...
==================================================================================
well...i paid a visit to the protector office in khi...its not the address on their website (surprise!) but the tel no. are the same. when one is coming from the airport on shahra-e-faisal going towards metropole...at nursery there is a KFC (i thk there is a student biryani next to it)...one has to take a left from this KFC & go straight...dont have to turn anywhere...n there it is...there is a board...so one cant miss it...

anyways here r my findings...the total cost is PKR 5100/-...i have copied this stuff the way it was displayed...have no idea what a lot of it means...these are the required items to get a protector stamp:

1) Passport (orginal with copy)
2) NIC copy (with original)
3) Copy of VISA
4) Original employment contract with copy

Step 1: Go to counter no. 3, have the docs checked, get challan for PKR 2500/- (NBP)

Step 2: Get insurance from the State Life Counter for PKR 650/-

Step 3: Now go to NBP (Shaheed-e-Millat) to pay challan of PKR 2500/-, Then go to habib bank to pay welfare fund (?) of PKR 1050/-, then go to NADRA office, Awami Markaz to pay PKR 900/- for NADRA card (?).

Step 4: After that, come back to protector office, & submit docs/receipts on counter no. 3.

Timings are 9am - 12:30 pm, Monday to Thursday
AND 9 am - 11 am on Friday

Passports to be collected after 3 pm (same day i think)...funny thing is i didnt see any agent...or probably i didnt look too hard...

I beleive the requirements will be the same for LHR & ISL. I still have not figured what this protector stamp is & what does it protect us from ...

They do require the employment contract...n in HSMP case there is none...which makes me wonder if protector is required for HSMP...because there is no employment agency involved...& it is an indivisual's effort/evaluation on which the visa is granted without any intervention from any empoyment agency or employer...well will look into it further...

anyways...will keep u all posted...if there are any new findings...

regards,
==============================================================================
immaad wrote:I am going for protector stamp and international driving license.
Can anybody share their experience and process about them. I know that they may not be required but I dont see anything wrong in it.

saby

Post by saby » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:20 am

immaad wrote:I am going for protector stamp and international driving license.
I myself am going to apply for international driving license. As I heard, it will allow me to drive in uk till i get the permenent license. However, I am not going for protecter thing.

nabsha

Post by nabsha » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:06 pm

saby wrote:As I heard, it will allow me to drive in uk till i get the permenent license. However, I am not going for protecter thing.
As far as I know, your international driving license works in the first year of your entry in UK and within that duration you must get full UK driving license.

Regards,
-Nabsha

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:40 pm

Hello,

Can anyone tell what are the current timelines of getting EC. I will be applying for EC very soon. Any recent experience by anyone.

Azfer

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:06 pm

nabsha wrote:As far as I know, your international driving license works in the first year of your entry in UK and within that duration you must get full UK driving license.
Regards,
-Nabsha
Getting a UK Driving License is a pain and very very expensive process...You can get a HSMP and EC easily but the driving examiners here are quite strict, you mount the kerb they fail you, your speed increases by a mile over the limit, you fail.....

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:05 pm

Can somebody please share his/her timeline of getting EC..??

Anyone who has got dependent EC, please share your timeline as well.

Regards,
S.I

inlondon2005

EC Time line

Post by inlondon2005 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:57 pm

Yeh, Guys its almost 3 weeks that I applied for EC from Gerry's KARACHI Center

Can any one share some information regarding how long it will take to get EC now days from Pakistan? (Min. or Max.)

And do they call for interview if required or not at all?

thanks..

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Dear whtever

First of All many congrats on getting visa.
I'm also going to apply foe EC after 15 days probably. i have two dependents wife and a 9 months old daughter. Can u plz tell me how much funds u shown to mentain them in UK. and which visa form u use for Dependents Visa, i mean the same VAF2 or VAF4 ?
Salman Ghani

inlondon2005

HI AGAIN

Post by inlondon2005 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:48 pm

hi to all,

Calling all who got any reply or EC approval/refusal from BHC Islamabad who applied for EC in january - feb 2008

Waiting...