ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Souse visa renewal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hopejoce17
Newly Registered

Souse visa renewal

Post by Hopejoce17 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 am

Hi all
My husband has been here since June 2015 on a spouse visa it runs out on 5 Dec 2017' how early can I reapply and what is the process.
Grateful for any advice on what I need to do next.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Souse visa renewal

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:44 am

Hopejoce17 wrote:Hi all
My husband has been here since June 2015 on a spouse visa it runs out on 5 Dec 2017' how early can I reapply and what is the process.
Grateful for any advice on what I need to do next.

Thanks in advance for any info.
No earlier than 28 days before the 5th Dec and no later than the expiry date.

Form FLR(M)
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply

Your husband will need A2 level English from an UKVI approved test provider unless he is from an exempt country or has a degree taught in English.

In addition to the £933 postal application fee, he will also have to pay the £500 NHS surcharge. An application submitted in person would be subject to an additional £590.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hopejoce17
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa renewal

Post by Hopejoce17 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:48 am

Thank you very much for the reply! I wasn't expecting the the test part to be honest.....he is from Jamaica and they speak English will he still be required to do the test? I was of the understanding that when he got the indefinite leave to remain he would have to do a test, I take it I am wron there then?
Your response has been most informative...... :shock:

Thank you so much and if there are any other info I would be grateful for, in the meantime I will click on the link u posted!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa renewal

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Hopejoce17 wrote:Thank you very much for the reply! I wasn't expecting the the test part to be honest.....he is from Jamaica and they speak English will he still be required to do the test? I was of the understanding that when he got the indefinite leave to remain he would have to do a test, I take it I am wron there then?
Your response has been most informative...... :shock:

Thank you so much and if there are any other info I would be grateful for, in the meantime I will click on the link u posted!
As Jamaica is on the list of exempt countries, the English language test won't be required for FLR(M), ILR or British citizenship. He will however have to pass the Life in the UK test for ILR which will remain valid for a BC application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hopejoce17
Newly Registered

Re: Souse visa renewal

Post by Hopejoce17 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Ok, thank you for making that clear to me, I'm glad he won't have to do the English language test and i will look at the Life in Britain test for later.Once again I really appreciate all the advise from this forum.

You are the best :D