ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office wants Alternative Evidence of Residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

achilles2

Home Office wants Alternative Evidence of Residence

Post by achilles2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Hello,

I need some advice please. I have received a letter from the Home Office requesting alternative evidence of residence for the past 5 years, because I am an EEA national. I have previously provided PR letter, passport, etc., and none of these are in question, but they now seem to want me to prove my residence in the UK for the past 5 years.

The problem is that for 3 of those years I did not work due to illness. I can provide Doctor's letters and evidence of treatments. Would that be sufficient? I can also provide bank statements, council tax bills and utility bills.

If I provide all of the above will the Home Office be satisfied that I have been resident in the UK? Are there any other documents you think I should provide? Please let me know of your experience with such requests.

Thank you,

A.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Home Office wants Alternative Evidence of Residence

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:16 pm

How were you maintaining yourself, were you claiming any benefits. No bank statement showing you were making transaction from your account.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

achilles2

Post by achilles2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Obie wrote:How were you maintaining yourself, were you claiming any benefits. No bank statement showing you were making transaction from your account.
Hi Obie,

Thank you for your reply.

I was living from my savings, I did not claim any benefits. I can provide bank statements showing normal expenses (paying bills, etc). Would this be enough?

A.

Dlakam35
Newly Registered

Post by Dlakam35 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Hello to all,

I received a letter form home office asking to provide evidence about the residence for the past 6 years..and I send it back the documents today? Does anybody know when I get a answer?

Cpt
Newly Registered

Post by Cpt » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:03 am

Hi every one ,
I would to know how can I check my status on permanent residence card please any one have idea let me know or send me a link of the website.
Thanks

achilles2

Post by achilles2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:34 am

So in response to the alternative evidence of residence request I will send the following covering the last 5 years:

- Payment slips / P60 for when I was employed.
- Doctor's letters and GP attendance record.
- Bank statements.
- Utility bills

Would that be sufficient?

achilles2

Post by achilles2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:53 am

achilles2 wrote:So in response to the alternative evidence of residence request I will send the following covering the last 5 years:

- Payment slips / P60 for when I was employed.
- Doctor's letters and GP attendance record.
- Bank statements.
- Utility bills

Would that be sufficient?
Anyone please?

ktlkaaa

Post by ktlkaaa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:21 am

I think this would be sensible evidence to provide and can't imagine what else you could use as evidence. Along with the documents you listed I would also write a letter explaining what you did before that you were not working etc and how your documents provide evidence of residency.

In my experience it seems with home office as long as you are clear and provide the logical support/ response you should be fine.

pumpkinlu

Post by pumpkinlu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Sounds pretty sensible to me. When I applied through NCS, they had a board in the waiting room explaining all the alternatives of proving residence in quite a detail and it said that GP/hospital records were only acceptable if they showed at least one visit per month which I assume is not unrealistic if someone is seriously unwell for a long period of time.

achilles2

Post by achilles2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:04 pm

Thank you Ktlkaaa and Pumpkinlu, your suggestions make sense.