ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Grateful for any advice!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LaReineMaurice
Newly Registered

Grateful for any advice!

Post by LaReineMaurice » Mon May 29, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi
I'm currently finding myself in a very horrible situation. My boyfriend is in the uk despite his visa ( student ) expiring nearly five years ago. I am also not a british national. I'm currently applying for a PR and have just sent off my application, but my boyfriend was caught last year by two police officers and has been reporting to the home office in London Bridge for the last six months.
He had his first interview, where they recommended he apply for asylum on the 26th of march and this will be his fifth time going to sign on after that. He hasn't applied for asylum and hasn't any solicitors as he can't go back home due to threats from people his family owe money to. He's just been injured and has had surgery and will need looking after.
I don't know when he will be detained or if he will be detained and for how long. Has anyone had firsthand experience with this? What happens after the initial interview, if anyone knows?
The anxiety is excruciating as i suffer from bipolar and anxiety disorder. Anyone who can help, i'd be EXTREMELY grateful.

Thank you

Uk2004
Newly Registered

Re: Grateful for any advice!

Post by Uk2004 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi,

As far as I know, at this moment he is liable
to be detained. Some times immigration officers will
take interview from him and arrange interviews with his
country embassy to prepare travel documents.

Your best option will be consult with a solicitor as
soon as possible.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Grateful for any advice!

Post by Obie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:47 am

Have you 2 been living together in a relationship for 2 years or more, and do you have proof of this?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors