ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling Out of the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MDK88
Newly Registered

Travelling Out of the UK

Post by MDK88 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:12 pm

My Tier 2 visa application was approved on June 13th and I received my BRP on June 16th. The start date on my CoS is July 1st but due to personal circumstances, I am unable to start then so my HR has agreed to let me start on July 28th (which is within the 4 week extension period). This is all clear to me but I left the UK on June 19th and am hoping to return to the UK on July 25th or 26th; in time to report for work on my revised start date (July 28th). I have 2 questions:

1. Can I stay out of the UK for this long?
2. Are there any regulations that state a maximum period I can be outside of the UK before starting work as a Tier 2 migrant (having been granted leave to remain)?

Note that I switched from a Tier 4 visa. I have agreed with my supervisors to work on my PhD whilst being away from the UK. I have combed the internet but could not find any guidance so would be grateful for some...

Thanks!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Travelling Out of the UK

Post by iworker » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:13 pm

yes
no
you should be fine. Dont worry.

MDK88
Newly Registered