ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave out side Immigration Rules SET (DV)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nagla
Newly Registered

Leave out side Immigration Rules SET (DV)

Post by Nagla » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi All,
My case

SET DV application submitted through my solicitor on the 24th of April 2017
Sent to the Home Office on the 1st of June correction to the card number for debiting the fees after discovering that there was an error in the payment details form
Received a letter from the Home Office dated the 5th of June saying that my application is not valid until I provide the missing information within 10 working days ( which I already have submitted on the 1st of June ,but it seems they didn't receive it before sending their letter)
Fees was deducted from my account on the 13th of June.
Still haven't received a letter inviting me to enroll for biometric up to date

Unfortunately one of my family members is ill and I need to travel urgently,but don't know what will be the situation now if I leave before enrolling for the biometric.
I read here in this forum to get in touch with local mp which I did on the 19th of June asking for help.My local MP's case worker made some enquiries with the Home Office regarding my application.
They have informed them that since my original payment was rejected this has delayed my application, and that payment has now been received on 14th June, therefore my application has only been in place for 4 days and that now I need to wait for them to make a decision and this can take some time.

They informed them also that If i need to travel to my country ,I would need to request my passport to be returned and this would put my application on pause until I send it back to them .
Now I have many questions I wish if anyone can help
- how long does it take to receive the biometric enrollment invitation letter
- Is it from date of submitting the application or date of deducting the fees
- is enrolling for the biometric invitation letter sent before taking the decision or is it related to the descion taken
-In my case and as per the Home Office reply if I requested my passport to travel to my country,will I be able to re-enter the UK again as it is a SET DV application,and as I read the visa ends after the marriage is broken.
- If I will be able to re-enter,do I have to start the whole process again from the begining taking into consideration that the fees has been taken or it will be considered from where we stopped as they said it will be on pause.
- The application was already sent since the 24th of April which was more than one month from trying to deduct the fees.Is this normal for a SET DV application.

Sorry for all this long details,but I'm really desperate to find an answer or advise to my situation