ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT DELAY - NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oaioai
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT DELAY - NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD

Post by oaioai » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:31 am

Hi everyone,
I am a French national living in the UK for over 15 years applying for my wife's EEA Family permit for the first time - submitted in Pakistan-Islamabad on 18/04/2017. We received the following emails from Sheffield Visa Section Department:
19/04/2017 - Acknowledging application being received
26/04/2017 - "Unfortunately, the processing of your application is not straight forward....."

It has now been over two months and we've still not received any further correspondence. EEA applications must be given priority as they are non-settlement applications so im failing to understand why it is taking so long?

We have provided the following documents:
1. Gift and greeting cards sent to spouse
2. Money transfer receipts sent to spouse
3. Flight itinerary & passport stamps (entry and exit) to pakistan for the wedding
4. Wedding photos and private photos
5. Payslips - 6 months
6. Work reference letter
7. Parents confirmation letter that they are happy to provide us accommodation - ample space at home
8. Bank statements - 6 months
9. Accommodation report
10. Registered title deed showing ownership of property for parents
11. Utility bills proof of address (Gas & Electricity)
12. Proof of communication
o Call logs (Screenshots from viber, whatsapp and skype)
o Viber message history (2 Conversation a month on average)
13. Passport copy
14. Original Wedding Certificate (Nikkahnama) in English
15. University letter/Student ID card for my spouse as she has just graduated
16. TB Test Certificate
17. Account letter to confirm my dividends as I have 20% share in the business i'am working

Is there anyone in a similar situation experiencing a delay?
Can anyone advise whether its advisory to contact Solvit, Home office, Garry's Pakistan or the local MP to speed up the process?
Is there anything we can do?
Whats the maximum days all applications must be processed by? is it 90 working days?
I believe my case is very simple and straight forward. We have provided sufficient documents, any advise or suggestions?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

ammara_talhi
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT DELAY - NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD

Post by ammara_talhi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 am

Hi,

Mine and your application is really really similar, I'm also a french national and I've been in the UK for 13yrs, my husband applied from Islamabad,Pakistan too.

You need to ring them (there is a charge for the call) and tell them you haven't heard anything back and they should/will escalate it for you, you should then hear back within 10 working days, this happened to me too, my dates of communication are just 2 weeks before yours.

Seeing all the documents you provided, i think you should get it (InSha Allah), I also received the not straightforward email, they're sending that to everyone as far as I know.

I also submitted all the same documents apart from point 17, on your list.

Best of Luck!

oaioai
Newly Registered

Post by oaioai » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:50 pm

ammara_talhi wrote:Hi,

Mine and your application is really really similar, I'm also a french national and I've been in the UK for 13yrs, my husband applied from Islamabad,Pakistan too.

You need to ring them (there is a charge for the call) and tell them you haven't heard anything back and they should/will escalate it for you, you should then hear back within 10 working days, this happened to me too, my dates of communication are just 2 weeks before yours.

Seeing all the documents you provided, i think you should get it (InSha Allah), I also received the not straightforward email, they're sending that to everyone as far as I know.

I also submitted all the same documents apart from point 17, on your list.

Best of Luck!
Hi Ammara,
Many thanks for your response and kind wishes.

Has your spouses EEA Family permit been issued?
Did you call Garry's Pakistan or Sheffield visa section in UK for an update? Do you have the contact number?
Does my spouse need to call from outside the UK as she has submitted the application or can I speak on her behalf?
Are they obliged to respond within 10 working days to any query if you call?

I have read many forums where individuals have called for an update and mentioned it's pointless as they will inform you that your application is under consideration and you must wait for a decision?

Many thanks for all your help.

ammara_talhi
Newly Registered

Post by ammara_talhi » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:32 pm

hi,

yes he picked up his passport on the 14th with the visa dated the 6th, so it took just over a week to get to him.

I called Sheffield, you can get the number from the link below.

You can call yourself and tell them you are the spouse of the applicant.

I don't think they are obliged to get back within 10 working days but they did with me, and the email following the escalation on the phone said that they try to get back within 10 working days.

It is pointless if you haven't waited long, I started getting good information after 2 months of waiting.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Thanks,
Ammara