ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am about to Apply for extension.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: I am about to Apply for extension.

Post by Evicra » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Yes MarchNath. i ordered last 3 moths business bank statement to go with

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Evicra wrote:Yes MarchNath. i ordered last 3 moths business bank statement to go with
You should attach the statements which have the 47 investment transactions you referred to ...
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:02 pm

if someone has invested by share capital they dont have to send business bank statements..

as in guidance policy but is it good idea to send business statement + personal statement where money has been transferred from personal acc to business acc? just that month or jus that particular page from both accounts. as i did investment in one go. if i will just send one page where the money has been transferred the address wont show up on bank statements ..

one more Question shall one send last few months bank statement before applying for visa incase of share capital or its okay to just send where investment has been done. with bank letter as said in guidance policy bank statement/bank letter to prove that business has UK business bank acc. just wanted to clarify...

if my visa in expiring in sept and my accounts where investment has been done are from from january 16 to dec 16 do i still need to send management acc for rest of 9 months.

THANKS so much marcnath for ur quick and valuable replies. u are star..

regards,

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:12 pm

heyaheya wrote:if someone has invested by share capital they dont have to send business bank statements..as in guidance policy
That is correct. My comment above assumed a DL
heyaheya wrote:but is it good idea to send business statement + personal statement where money has been transferred from personal acc to business acc? just that month or jus that particular page from both accounts. as i did investment in one go. if i will just send one page where the money has been transferred the address wont show up on bank statements ..
My personal opinion is to provide only the necessary documents. Personal statements, for example, are not asked for. Only that the business accounts clearly set out the full name. I would add personal statements if the business bank account statement did not show full name for some reason
heyaheya wrote:one more Question shall one send last few months bank statement before applying for visa incase of share capital or its okay to just send where investment has been done. with bank letter as said in guidance policy bank statement/bank letter to prove that business has UK business bank acc. just wanted to clarify...
For investment by shares, only evidence for it being a UK business is needed.

heyaheya wrote:if my visa in expiring in sept and my accounts where investment has been done are from from january 16 to dec 16 do i still need to send management acc for rest of 9 months.

THANKS so much marcnath for ur quick and valuable replies. u are star..

regards,
No. As long as the investments are already covered in the accounts until Dec 16.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:51 pm

marcnath wrote:
Evicra wrote:Yes MarchNath. i ordered last 3 moths business bank statement to go with
You should attach the statements which have the 47 investment transactions you referred to ...
thank you for clarifying it to me MarchNath

1. i will send last 3 months Business Bank statements which i already ordered
+
2. All Statements pages for 47 transaction (downloaded and printed) with investment confirmation table

wahmed786
Pakistan

Post by wahmed786 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:10 pm

Evicra wrote:
marcnath wrote:

+
2. All Statements pages for 47 transaction (downloaded and printed) with investment confirmation table
Hi,

please confirm whether we can use the computer downloaded statements?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:39 pm

wahmed786 wrote:
Evicra wrote:
marcnath wrote:

+
Hi,

please confirm whether we can use the computer downloaded statements?
It is not explicitly stated as unacceptable for this requirement but for evidence of funds available and maintenance funds, it is clearly stated.

So I would advice not to rely on computer downloaded statements. If you don't have the originals or can't reorder them, take the downloaded statements to a bank branch and have them stamp each sheet.

But, for some reason, you can't even do that, it may make sense to address that in the cover letter and point out that the guidelines do not state that they should be originals for this particular section.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:13 pm

I visited santander bank today to get bank statments stamped but they advised me that from 1st March we stopped doing that.

For maintinance i ordered in bank and asked for letter but for investment they will not stamp it .what if i get this letter from bank for not stamping please.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Evicra wrote:I visited santander bank today to get bank statments stamped but they advised me that from 1st March we stopped doing that.

For maintinance i ordered in bank and asked for letter but for investment they will not stamp it .what if i get this letter from bank for not stamping please.
I had a similar experience with Llyods. I went back the next day and talked to another teller, who stamped it without question. So, you can try again or try talking to the manager. If not, yes get a letter from them.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:22 am

thnku for ur reply .. yes then i think i would have to send my personal statement as my name doesnt show in business bank statement..

as it was same acc and it shows acc number and sc of my personal acc .. not my name .. as bank says it is transfer within accs.. so i think i shall send persnl plus business that particular page...to get points and write in cover letter. .. what do u guys think?

one question from all do u think cover letter is important with al details and where and how i qualify for points so it is easier for cw. any suggestions will be aprreciated.

regards,

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 am

heyaheya wrote:thnku for ur reply .. yes then i think i would have to send my personal statement as my name doesnt show in business bank statement..

as it was same acc and it shows acc number and sc of my personal acc .. not my name .. as bank says it is transfer within accs.. so i think i shall send persnl plus business that particular page...to get points and write in cover letter. .. what do u guys think?
Yes, it would be best to highlight this in the cover letter
heyaheya wrote:one question from all do u think cover letter is important with al details and where and how i qualify for points so it is easier for cw. any suggestions will be aprreciated.

regards,
Unfortunately, a T1E application is complex by nature and there are always some variations (as in your case). So I think the cover letter is important to explain those.

Personally, I would try to keep the cover letter as short and as direct as possible. Keep it focused on the variations and don't fill it up with things that are all in order. One, you are putting more effort on the CW. Second, they may miss the key thing you wanted to get across if it is a very long letter with all usual stuff.

To make it easier, I organised all my docs in sections - one for each attribute. I then added a note to each section referring to the attribute the documents were for and listing all of them. Seemed to work - I got my extension and ILR in under 10 weeks.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:25 pm

yeah i know what u mean .. if its too long they will not bother to read it .. plus its boring :lol:

thanku for guiding how to put them together.

so example.
1. e.g i want to claim points for job creating ... everything fps, settled workers documents and payslips .. in one folder and on above one sheet telling what is in .. same with all other points being claimed .. and in cover letter will be like jus telling them stuff which is bit different as in my case where name has not been shown as of within accounts transfers etc.

thanku and congrats for visa.. such a relief for u .. god help us as well with these valuable guidance ... so many prayers for all esp zimba and u ... .

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:35 pm

heyaheya wrote:yeah i know what u mean .. if its too long they will not bother to read it .. plus its boring :lol:

thanku for guiding how to put them together.

so example.
1. e.g i want to claim points for job creating ... everything fps, settled workers documents and payslips .. in one folder and on above one sheet telling what is in .. same with all other points being claimed .. and in cover letter will be like jus telling them stuff which is bit different as in my case where name has not been shown as of within accounts transfers etc.

thanku and congrats for visa.. such a relief for u .. god help us as well with these valuable guidance ... so many prayers for all esp zimba and u ... .
You got it :-)

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:56 pm

MarchNath once again thank you for your prompt replies.
now i am filing out VAf and have few questions about it

T1 VAF question K3

i ticked only one yes for question below

The investment was made during your initial period of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) leave in
the form of a director’s loan;

Do i have to Tick yes for below also

The investment was made during your initial period of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) leave
directly by you into the business, in cash;

3B1 any help with this please as i dont exactly know what to fill in all sections

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:23 pm

Evicra wrote:MarchNath once again thank you for your prompt replies.
now i am filing out VAf and have few questions about it

T1 VAF question K3

i ticked only one yes for question below

The investment was made during your initial period of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) leave in
the form of a director’s loan;

Do i have to Tick yes for below also

The investment was made during your initial period of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) leave
directly by you into the business, in cash;
Yes, if that is the case, which I believe it is.
Evicra wrote:3B1 any help with this please as i dont exactly know what to fill in all sections
You basically have to list the 47 (if i remember the number correctly) transactions you made. The only thing that will vary in all the entries is the date of investment.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:43 pm

thank you MarchNath. yes these are 47 transaction and i will claim points for investment through DL based on these 47 Transactions.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:52 pm

hi there again.MachNAth
my documents are going to look some thing like this. please advise if there is anything that i should look into please.i would also request input of Zimba ,syed and other Big ups there also please
1. Visa Application Form
1. 2 Passoport size photos ( with my name at the back)
1. All Passports

Attributes
Attribute K.
Invested Funds £200,000
K1. Un-Audited Accounts 2016-2017
K2. Management Accounts from April 2017 –June 2017
K3. Account Compilation Report
K4. Unsecured & Subordinated Director’s Loan Agreement
K5. Current Appointment Report (march 2011 till
K6. Business Bank Statement
K7. CT41G and CT600

Attribute L.
Director within 6 months
L1. K5 Current Appointment Report (march 2011 till

Attribute M.
Business activity not earlier than 3 months.
M1. K5 Current Appointment Report (march 2011 till

Attribute N.
Business has created Full time job for 24 months

Pre 6 April 2014 Transitional Arrangement.
One job for 24 months
N1 .24 Months Real Time Full Payment Submission Reports July 2015- June 2017 (24Months)
N2. Duplicate Wages slips ( July 2015- June 2017)
N3 Settled worker UK Passport

Attribute P.
English Language
Previous Visa Tier 1 Entrepreneur . Evidence Previously Submitted Considered Automatically meet

Attribute Q.
Maintenance
Q1. Personal Bank Statement with with at least balance of £3300 for 90 days (required £945)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Evicra wrote:hi there again.MachNAth
my documents are going to look some thing like this. please advise if there is anything that i should look into please.i would also request input of Zimba ,syed and other Big ups there also please
1. Visa Application Form
1. 2 Passoport size photos ( with my name at the back)
1. All Passports

Attributes
Attribute K.
Invested Funds £200,000
K1. Un-Audited Accounts 2016-2017
K2. Management Accounts from April 2017 –June 2017
K3. Account Compilation Report
K4. Unsecured & Subordinated Director’s Loan Agreement
K5. Current Appointment Report (march 2011 till
K6. Business Bank Statement
K7. CT41G and CT600

Attribute L.
Director within 6 months
L1. K5 Current Appointment Report (march 2011 till

Attribute M.
Business activity not earlier than 3 months.
M1. K5 Current Appointment Report (march 2011 till

Attribute N.
Business has created Full time job for 24 months

Pre 6 April 2014 Transitional Arrangement.
One job for 24 months
N1 .24 Months Real Time Full Payment Submission Reports July 2015- June 2017 (24Months)
N2. Duplicate Wages slips ( July 2015- June 2017)
N3 Settled worker UK Passport

Attribute P.
English Language
Previous Visa Tier 1 Entrepreneur . Evidence Previously Submitted Considered Automatically meet

Attribute Q.
Maintenance
Q1. Personal Bank Statement with with at least balance of £3300 for 90 days (required £945)

Looks very good. Things I noted for you to double check.

1) Cover letter (optional - but maybe you want to mention the Santander bank problem)
1) BRP also need to be submitted
N1) FPS that has the start date of the employee - so you may land up with 25, unless your employee started in July 2015.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Looks very good. Things I noted for you to double check.

1) Cover letter (optional - but maybe you want to mention the Santander bank problem)

Yes i definatly i will
1) BRP also need to be submitted

I was issued with visa Sticker on my passport valid til july 2017

N1) FPS that has the start date of the employee - so you may land up with 25, unless your employee started in July 2015.[/quote]

Start date of employee is 1st july 2015. Thank you MarchNath for your reply

wahmed786
Pakistan

Post by wahmed786 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:45 am

i have one question regarding compilation report from accountant, this report is the part of un-audited accounts or its separate report issued by your accountant.

best regards

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:49 am

wahmed786 wrote:i have one question regarding compilation report from accountant, this report is the part of un-audited accounts or its separate report issued by your accountant.

best regards
It can be either, but generally the accountants prefer it to be part of the accounts.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 am

it looks simple and nice... so u aint sending any contracts and investment receipts e.g any computers u bought etc or invoices u issued to customers... i know its not needed but just asking... as its is written in guidance policy page no 44 under genuine enterpreneur test section

if the nature of business requires mandatory accreditation, registration and insurance.. so how will they check this when we are not sending any supporting material. its jus a question ... as i personally think as well.. send as less documents as u can .. as too many unnecessary documents too many questions... so i do agree with marcnath an zimba where they keep saying that it has to be short and to the point.. as Evric did .. but just for sake of information .. i am asking this... plus i have seen loadss of ppl on this forum saying they are sending contracts of employees . contracts with clients. office tenancy agreements, insurance , screen shots of website etc..

i know management acc are not needed if u have invested in one particular period which is coming in ur accounting period.. but here again smone said that his accountant said if your period is more then 3 months u have to provide management accounts .. is that so . or there is no reality in it ..

please if all you expert ppl put some light on it .. will be more clear for readers to send as simple as possible.

many thanks,

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:28 am

heyaheya wrote:it looks simple and nice... so u aint sending any contracts and investment receipts e.g any computers u bought etc or invoices u issued to customers... i know its not needed but just asking... as its is written in guidance policy page no 44 under genuine enterpreneur test section

if the nature of business requires mandatory accreditation, registration and insurance.. so how will they check this when we are not sending any supporting material. its jus a question ... as i personally think as well.. send as less documents as u can .. as too many unnecessary documents too many questions... so i do agree with marcnath an zimba where they keep saying that it has to be short and to the point.. as Evric did .. but just for sake of information .. i am asking this... plus i have seen loadss of ppl on this forum saying they are sending contracts of employees . contracts with clients. office tenancy agreements, insurance , screen shots of website etc..

i know management acc are not needed if u have invested in one particular period which is coming in ur accounting period.. but here again smone said that his accountant said if your period is more then 3 months u have to provide management accounts .. is that so . or there is no reality in it ..

please if all you expert ppl put some light on it .. will be more clear for readers to send as simple as possible.

many thanks,
There are no right answers (at least not from me) because this is not an official HO or UKVI forum.
So, we are depending on our experience here and more generally.
The word you see most often in the Genuine entrepreneur test is "credibility". And it is not too tough to check for genuine businesses - jobs and accounts are not going to be just enough to meet the attributes, websites and social media is very easily checked, a simple google search for your company can give a lot of info.
If you are financial adviser, then you need to be registered - so again quite easy to check.
But there may be businesses where it does happen that exactly 200K was invested or exactly 24 months of job was created at exactly minimum wage or they may not have an online presence. Those are cases where additional evidence will be needed.
As to accounts, guidelines are very clear that the accounts are only needed for evidence of investment. If a single years accounts has that information (and it could be even be the first year of your Visa), the CW has to give you points for that.
The reason some may say it is better to send management accounts if the last account was a few months back, is to satisfy other criteria - the CW has to be convinced that you are continuing as an entrepreneur and current accounts will help that. But, in those cases, I suspect they will interview you or ask for those documents rather than reject outright.

wahmed786
Pakistan

Post by wahmed786 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:46 am

marcnath wrote:
wahmed786 wrote:i have one question regarding compilation report from accountant, this report is the part of un-audited accounts or its separate report issued by your accountant.

best regards
It can be either, but generally the accountants prefer it to be part of the accounts.
dear,

i my accounts page no 3 state that Heading "company name, Accountant's Report" mentioned and on 2nd line "Accountant's report to the directors of Company XXX ltd" is mentioned is this compilation report?

please advise me

best regards

wahmed786
Pakistan

Post by wahmed786 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:43 pm

hi,

Please answer

regards