ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How are the Opportunities for Software Testing in UK??

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harvis82

How are the Opportunities for Software Testing in UK??

Post by harvis82 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:52 am

Hi Forum,
I recently my HSMP visa and I am now looking for Software Testing job in UK. Skills: QTP, Manual Testing, Siebel CRM

Can anyone of you let me know how is the demand for Software Testing /QA? Any information wud be very much welcome?Plz put a light on Salary also if you have idea.

Thanking you,
harvis

Hummer

I am also in the same field

Post by Hummer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:25 am

Hi Harvis82,

I am also with the same field with almost same skills. From the job sites, i could find out that there are opp. for these skills and applied in some of the websites. But unfortunately i did not receive any calls. May be they prefer us to be in UK. Any way i am planning to enter Uk by March end. Let hope for the best.

Regards

ubugger

Post by ubugger » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:15 am

Try and build up more skills....

Having only siebel and QTP means you are limited in skills, in reality. Having more skills, like oracle SQL, SQL server, billing, CRM, etc will help you get a job as it'll prove that you have the necessary ability to take on anything and do anything. Generally if you have less than 1yr of testing experience, then it's going to be hard to get a job, when you do, it'll be a low rate.

I've got to start looking soon myself, I have about 3.5yrs of experience and have worked on several large/major projects in Telco's... I've been told I shouldn't have any problems getting a job,

Aaron

harvis82

Thanks a lot for the replies...

Post by harvis82 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for thr replies...But still I am in doubt that How is the market for testers??? Yes I do have QTP,Siebel CRM,UNix, Oracle/SQL knowledge,ISEB certified, etc....... Can any one put lights in this??

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks a lot for the replies...

Post by gotcha » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:53 pm

harvis82 wrote:Hi all,
Thanks a lot for thr replies...But still I am in doubt that How is the market for testers??? Yes I do have QTP,Siebel CRM,UNix, Oracle/SQL knowledge,ISEB certified, etc....... Can any one put lights in this??
Start applying to jobs , you got through for your skills. Mention that, You have HSMP approval and willing to come to UK.

And depend on response, you can judge, how is demand here for your skills. At the end, you are best person to find it out.