ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supplementing HSMP Application During Waiting Period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deborahCO

Supplementing HSMP Application During Waiting Period

Post by deborahCO » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:54 pm

Does anyone know whether (1) you can submit supplemental information during the initial waiting period after making your application, and (2) if so, whether this is a good idea or not? I've read a lot of great ideas that I had never thought of on this website, and now think I should've sent this or that, but is it too late?

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:01 pm

I've seen such conflicting advice that it's difficult to really know. I have some supporting materials that I received after I had submitted my application that I had requested a while ago. If I had had them I would have included them, but have decided that I will hold off and if requested for additional evidence, I will send them in then. In my case they are not "have to have" pieces of evidence, but "nice to have."

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:12 pm

You can actually send additional crucial information to hsmp provided your file has not yet been allocated to a caseworker. quite a few members did this in the past (i did too!). so it's really a good idea to do so if the info will enhance your chances.
lynn if you have significantly crossed the points thresshold with the submitted docs, then you may not bother.
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:49 pm

This may be a really stupid question, but how do you know if your case has been assigned to a caseworker? I realized after reading some of these posts that I probably didn't document adequately. As a Dec applicant, I'm guessing mine is probably still sitting in a pile somewhere. I've requested my NARIC score and have some supplemental info that would better document my ability to work in my chosen profession than I had at the time of making my application. It isn't much, but I realize now I could've done a much better job!

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:51 pm

unfortunately we are now not able to rightly guess hsmp's service levels like we used to do pre- june 2004 when it was all so logical. then one could almost certainly know when his/her case was with caseworker (also through calling them and emails for them to confirm).
as a december applicant, going by current experiences, your file may already be allocated, although this may not be so.
if i were you, i would rush additional docs by courier whether or not file has been allocated.
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:13 pm

i agree with lightspace in saying that whatever information that you have that you think will strengthen your case, then send it straight away. i dont think you will lose any points by sending extra information, you probably will gain a lot of points. also here is a thought, seeing that they have been reported to have done some december applications and also some january applications (just read post from someone from the 26th of Jan), it could be that they might still be looking at your case and waiting for verication from other sources e.g NARIC, so if i were you i would send whatever you have straightaway. it could also be that they will look at your case in September or October once they get thru all the applications from June thru to December so send it anyway

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:33 pm

I appreciate all the tips. Do you think there's a risk that they'll say the application must be considered only on information originally submitted and that I'll give them reason for rejection if I submit additional docs now?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:48 pm

deborahCO wrote:I appreciate all the tips. Do you think there's a risk that they'll say the application must be considered only on information originally submitted and that I'll give them reason for rejection if I submit additional docs now?
like i said b4, they wont penalize you for submitting information extra information, the worst thing they can do is not considier it at all, as for the points you have in the 'bag' those are yours to stay

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Fri May 27, 2005 9:34 am

ej