ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Blue card from Home country for working in Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fapste
Newly Registered

Apply for Blue card from Home country for working in Germany

Post by fapste » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:50 am

I have gotten a job in Germany. The company has asked me to apply for Blue Card so that I'm eligible to work in Germany. Since I'm residing in Pakistan, I'm not sure how to proceed with this applying of Blue Card.

My profession is unregulated in Germany.

The documents that I have readied for this purpose:

1. University Diploma (original) already attested from Higher Education Commission in Pakistan. - This document is in English
2. University Transcript (original) that contains courses and scores already attested from Higher Education Commission. - This document is in English
3. All the documents from my College and High School
4. Passport
5. Job Contract letter
6. 2 Passport size photographs
7. Certificate from law offices in Pakistan that I'm not a public, health or security threat and I haven't been arrested in my life.

My Questions are:

1. Can I apply for Blue Card while residing in Pakistan because I have received the job contract or does the embassy offers some temporary visa so that I can go to Germany and upon arrival, I have to get Blue Card from Embassy in Germany?
2. Do I need to get the photocopies of my University Diploma and Transcript attested from Higher Education Commission? The original Diploma and Transcript are already attested and the attestation stamp is visible in the photocopies.
3. Do I need to get the photocopies of my College and High School documents attested from Higher Education Commission?
4. Do I need health insurance certificate, if yes, how much should be the value of the health insurance for traveling to Germany?
5. Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels where can I get this? Does my employer has to provide this document because currently I'm residing in Pakistan.
6. What's the statement of Comparability? Is it ZAB?
7. What other documents and stuff should I get ready before I applying for EU blue card in Pakistan?

Best Regards

fapste
Newly Registered

Re: Apply for Blue card from Home country for working in Ger

Post by fapste » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Another question: can my employer send me a Visa to come to Germany since they have a lawyer? Instead of me applying for visa and stuff from Pakistan.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:53 pm

Bluecard is issued after you go to Germany. But to enter Germany from a foreign land for work purpose, you need to apply for a Work Permit visa from your local consulate.
Just follow the procedure of work permit visa.
Usually you will get a Work visa with a validity of few months and once you reach Germany you have to apply for Blue card in the local Aliens office.

http://www.pakistan.diplo.de/Vertretung ... eeker.html

Please visit this link for more details.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:12 pm

1. Can I apply for Blue Card while residing in Pakistan because I have received the job contract or does the embassy offers some temporary visa so that I can go to Germany and upon arrival, I have to get Blue Card from Embassy in Germany?

You have to apply the visa at German Embassy in Pakistan. They will issue you a temporary visa and upon arrival you can apply for blue card.

2. Do I need to get the photocopies of my University Diploma and Transcript attested from Higher Education Commission? The original Diploma and Transcript are already attested and the attestation stamp is visible in the photocopies.

They also need attested photocopies from HEC. They mentioned it on their website.I have already provided the link in above mentioned post.

3. Do I need to get the photocopies of my College and High School documents attested from Higher Education Commission?

HEC does not attest College and higher secondary certificates. You have attest these certificates from IBCC and Ministry of foreign affairs Pakistan.

4. Do I need health insurance certificate, if yes, how much should be the value of the health insurance for traveling to Germany?

Yes you need a travel health insurance for 3 month. You can buy it from Adamjee or Asia insurance or IGI. It is cheap and the price will be approximately around 5000

5. Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels where can I get this? Does my employer has to provide this document because currently I'm residing in Pakistan.

Upon arrival in Germany you have to apply this at local immigration office.

Anabin provide the equivalency certificate for non German degree.
http://anabin.kmk.org/kurzanleitung/ich ... -wird.html

7. What other documents and stuff should I get ready before I applying for EU blue card in Pakistan?

Please check the above mentioned link.

What is your profession? From which city do you have offer?

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:21 pm

I found this on a quick googling! https://www.apply.eu/BlueCard/Germany/Germany.pdf, it is not official so just use it only for your reference.

fapste
Newly Registered

Post by fapste » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:24 am

waqasars wrote:1. Can I apply for Blue Card while residing in Pakistan because I have received the job contract or does the embassy offers some temporary visa so that I can go to Germany and upon arrival, I have to get Blue Card from Embassy in Germany?

You have to apply the visa at German Embassy in Pakistan. They will issue you a temporary visa and upon arrival you can apply for blue card.

They also need attested photocopies from HEC. They mentioned it on their website.I have already provided the link in above mentioned post.

HEC does not attest College and higher secondary certificates. You have attest these certificates from IBCC and Ministry of foreign affairs Pakistan.

Yes you need a travel health insurance for 3 month. You can buy it from Adamjee or Asia insurance or IGI. It is cheap and the price will be approximately around 5000

Upon arrival in Germany you have to apply this at local immigration office.

Anabin provide the equivalency certificate for non German degree.
http://anabin.kmk.org/kurzanleitung/ich ... -wird.html

Please check the above mentioned link.

What is your profession? From which city do you have offer?
The City is Dusseldorf and the job is QA Engineer.

Seems like you are a Pakistani as well who has been through this process of Blue Card.

My university is already recognized by Germany so this means I just need "Statement of Comparability", right? PS: The lawyer of the company has already sent me a Statement of Comparability.

Can you please provide your valuable feedback for the following questions?

1. Do I need certified photocopies of university diploma to be sent along the BlueCard/National Visa application?
2. Do I need the German translation of University Diploma from a sworn german translator to be sent along the BlueCard/National Visa application?
3. Statement of Comparability is the equivalent of ZAB, right?
4. Do I need to send the statement of comparability along the application for BlueCard/National Visa application?
5. “Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit”. Is this document required to be attached along the application of BlueCard/National Visa for German Embassy in Pakistan or do I need to apply for this document once I arrive in Germany?
6. “Proof of main residence in Germany” Is this document required to be attached along the BlueCard/National Visa application for German Embassy in Pakistan or do I need to apply for this document once I arrive in Germany?
7. Do I need my college and High school degrees? The work visa website didn't mention it but since you probably have been through this blue card procedure, you can provide some insights.

fapste
Newly Registered

Post by fapste » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:46 pm

This website : http://www.pakistan.diplo.de/Vertretung ... eeker.html

Also states that I need German Language Certificate or IELTS o TOFEL certificate to be submitted along the Work Visa Application. I don't have any of those. What should I do?

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi Brother,

I am also living in Dusseldorf but i am on a different visa. I dont have bluecard. The information which i am giving you its based on my knowledge and experience. Here on website i can this information is specifically for Job-seeker visa which is different.

I dont think so you need to show IELTS or German A1 for bluecard.

Please send an e mail to Embassy of Germany in Pakistan and ask from Required documents for Bluecard. That will give more clarity about the process.

1. Do I need certified photocopies of university diploma to be sent along the BlueCard/National Visa application?

Just attest your original and two set of photocopies from HEC. It will take only one day to attest your documents from HEC.

2. Do I need the German translation of University Diploma from a sworn German translator to be sent along the BlueCard/National Visa application?

I dont think so you need a german translated document at embassy they did not mentioned that in requirement.. May be that you will need in Germany.

ZAB is authorise to issue the statement of comparability. Please visit the following link for more details.

https://www.kmk.org/kmk/information-in- ... tions.html

4. Do I need to send the statement of comparability along the application for BlueCard/National Visa application?

Yes attach that with you application.

5. “Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit”. Is this document required to be attached along the application of BlueCard/National Visa for German Embassy in Pakistan or do I need to apply for this document once I arrive in Germany?

First you will apply for Long term D visa in Pakistan. After your arrival in germany you will apply for residence permit.

6. “Proof of main residence in Germany” Is this document required to be attached along the BlueCard/National Visa application for German Embassy in Pakistan or do I need to apply for this document once I arrive in Germany?

Proof of main residence in Germany. Its a document which you will apply after your arrival in germany. For this you need take accommodation. You dont need this for visa application.

7. Do I need my college and High school degrees? The work visa website didn't mention it but since you probably have been through this blue card procedure, you can provide some insights.

Bhai they did not mentioned about High School and college degree but you can attach with your application bcoz at the time of interview they can ask for it.

fapste
Newly Registered

Post by fapste » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:01 pm

waqasars wrote:Hi Brother,

I am also living in Dusseldorf but i am on a different visa. I dont have bluecard. The information which i am giving you its based on my knowledge and experience. Here on website i can this information is specifically for Job-seeker visa which is different.

I dont think so you need to show IELTS or German A1 for bluecard.

Please send an e mail to Embassy of Germany in Pakistan and ask from Required documents for Bluecard. That will give more clarity about the process.

Just attest your original and two set of photocopies from HEC. It will take only one day to attest your documents from HEC.

2. Do I need the German translation of University Diploma from a sworn German translator to be sent along the BlueCard/National Visa application?

I dont think so you need a german translated document at embassy they did not mentioned that in requirement.. May be that you will need in Germany.

ZAB is authorise to issue the statement of comparability. Please visit the following link for more details.

https://www.kmk.org/kmk/information-in- ... tions.html

Yes attach that with you application.

First you will apply for Long term D visa in Pakistan. After your arrival in germany you will apply for residence permit.

Proof of main residence in Germany. Its a document which you will apply after your arrival in germany. For this you need take accommodation. You dont need this for visa application.

Bhai they did not mentioned about High School and college degree but you can attach with your application bcoz at the time of interview they can ask for it.
Hi Waqas

You have been extremely helpful and informative. Do you know someone who has applied for Blue card in Pakistan's german embassy? Or someone who has been in my situation? May be he/she can provide alot more insightful information

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:15 pm

I am also from Pakistan and just moved in Dusseldorf about 3 month ago.
Bhai i really dont know anyone in same situation like you. Try to contact with German Embassy they can provide you complete list of documents and make your appointment asap. Normally in summer its very busy.

Keep us updated with your application.

All the best.

fapste
Newly Registered

Post by fapste » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:41 pm

waqasars wrote:I am also from Pakistan and just moved in Dusseldorf about 3 month ago.
Bhai i really dont know anyone in same situation like you. Try to contact with German Embassy they can provide you complete list of documents and make your appointment asap. Normally in summer its very busy.

All the best.
What visa did you get to move to Germany? What was the procedure? How long did it take? What do you do in Germany?

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:35 pm

I have answered your question in PM. Please check there.

fapste
Newly Registered

Post by fapste » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:41 pm

waqasars wrote:I have answered your question in PM. Please check there.
For some reason it says, I'm not authorized to see private messages.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:29 pm

fapste wrote:
waqasars wrote:I have answered your question in PM. Please check there.
For some reason it says, I'm not authorized to see private messages.
You don't have access to PMs.

@ waqasars - if you are going to send unsolicited PMs to members then the privilege will be withdrawn from your profile. Post in public so that all can benefit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi CR001,

Sorry, that was not my purpose.

Regards,
Waqas

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:32 pm

fapste wrote:
waqasars wrote:I am also from Pakistan and just moved in Dusseldorf about 3 month ago.

All the best.
What visa did you get to move to Germany? What was the procedure? How long did it take? What do you do in Germany?

I got schengen visa from Netherlands. It was my 5th schengen visa. Once i came in Netherlands and went to Germany on same visa and applied for Residence card for EU Spouse.

Visa process took 10 days from Embassy of Netherlands in Pakistan and residence card approved in one working day and delivered to me in 3 weeks.

I am working as Cisco Network Engineer for company based in USA. Currently i am looking for job in Germany.

Where are you from Pakistan?

fapste
Newly Registered

Post by fapste » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:39 am

waqasars wrote:
fapste wrote:

All the best.

I got schengen visa from Netherlands. It was my 5th schengen visa. Once i came in Netherlands and went to Germany on same visa and applied for Residence card for EU Spouse.

Visa process took 10 days from Embassy of Netherlands in Pakistan and residence card approved in one working day and delivered to me in 3 weeks.

I am working as Cisco Network Engineer for company based in USA. Currently i am looking for job in Germany.

Where are you from Pakistan?
That's alot of time that you have spent in EU. How long have you been living in EU?
You have a EU wife?

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:19 pm

living in EU since last 3 month. But i am visiting since 2008. Yes my wife is EU citizen.

Hows going your process now? Did you contact with Embassy?

fapste
Newly Registered

Post by fapste » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:55 pm

waqasars wrote:living in EU since last 3 month. But i am visiting since 2008. Yes my wife is EU citizen.

Hows going your process now? Did you contact with Embassy?
There are Eid holidays in Pakistan so I guess that's why they havent been picking up the phone. Besides they have odd hours to call them for queries which makes getting in contact with them even more cumbersome

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:59 pm

Ok, Keep us updated with further progress.

fapste
Newly Registered

Post by fapste » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:18 pm

waqasars wrote:Ok, Keep us updated with further progress.
Hi Waqas, Do I need Statement of Comparability? My Lawyer said the statement she had sent me isn't Statement of Comparability.
My university and degree are listed in the Anabin Database with H+ status.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Then what is that please provide the details

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Have you contacted with German Embassy?

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:42 am

Did you contacted with embassy?

fapste
Newly Registered

Post by fapste » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:07 pm

waqasars wrote:Did you contacted with embassy?
I have figured out all the requirements for the visa application, however now I'm facing another challenge. The availability of appointment slots at German Embassy Pakistan. So far I couldn't find any time slots available for an appointment. This is really frustrating. Do you know any work around?