ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wedding with EEA National of Non EEA National

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vikrant123
Newly Registered

Wedding with EEA National of Non EEA National

Post by vikrant123 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Hello Members of this amazing forum.

I have been member of this forum since Aug 24, 2010.

I have a history in the UK, I initially arrived in the UK in May 2009 on WHM (Working Holiday Maker Visa) and returned before 5 months of the visa expiration, in Jan, 2011.

Then I came to UK as a visitor in June 2013 for 3 weeks and returned to home country (India).

In Feb 2016, I came back to UK as a student (Tier-4 General), I have complied with all the conditions attached to a student category. Attended my university as scheduled, passed all the Modules and post completion of all the modules, I have been given a placement of 1 year as a part of my MBA programme.

I was working only 20 hours to support myself during the term time with one of the companies in London and fulltime during holidays after providing the letter from the university, same company has given me placement.

My MBA course started in Jan 2016 and I started working in March 2017. Where I met a girl, she is from Lithuania, she has been working for the same company for past 3 years. During the course of time, we became good friends.

Last year in June 2016, my parents passed away in an accident and I had to go back to India for their funeral and I returned to UK in 4 weeks (July 2017).

Upon my arrival, I was of course shattered and devastated, however, she supported me a lot and stood by me, showed affection, care and love, we eventually announced official relationship in Dec 2016. We have been in a relationship for past 6 months now, living separately but working at the same place from Mon-Fri and finally we have decided to get married.

We are in genuine relationship and really wants to get married. However, Reality is that I am on student visa, it’s not going to be easy ride for us.

Hence, I would appreciate if all you valuable members could guide us through:

1. What kind of questions could be asked at the time of wedding registration and also when we get married?
2. And what kind of interrogation would be carried out when I would apply for EU family member card?

Your valuable feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Vikrant

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Wedding with EEA National of Non EEA National

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:20 pm

Providing you can sufficient evidence to prove to the Case Worker that your relationship is genuine, your application should be approved assuming your fiancee is exercising her Treaty rights in the UK.

Before that however, in order to marry in the UK you will have to give notification at a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to interview (not interrogate) you both separately, should they choose to do so, before the wedding can go ahead. This is to decide whether you are a genuine couple and your answers on personal details/habits/interests etc., matach. Not all couples are interviewed.

Bear in mind that your EEA permit will re-set your immigration clock to zero, unless applying for ILR under 10 years long residence. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.