ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 change of job profile in same company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adithi10
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 2 change of job profile in same company

Post by adithi10 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi,

Myself, daughter n spouse's Tier 2 General visa is valid till January 2018. Since there is change of job profile and it does not fall in same SOC code, he is applying for new visa. Is it required that the dependents also apply at the same time as we have valid visa till January 2015

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 change of job profile in same company

Post by iworker » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:51 am

the dependents dont have to.. but if his visa is going to last longer than Jan 2018, than the dependents must extend anytime before their current leave expires.

hazelwood
Newly Registered

Post by hazelwood » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi,

I have a similar question, I have recently been assigned on a new role within the same company with a pay rise and a complete different job title. My employer said I don't need a new CoS, but I am not too sure on this if this is correct or not. Bit concerned as my extension is due in Nov 17 and I don't want to take any chances. I would appreciate if someone please guide me and let me know if I need a new CoS now as my job title has changed and pay has also increased. Unable to find my SOC code for the new role. My job role has changed from physiotherapist to disability analyst. Started new role a month ago.

Please help guys, do I need a new CoS?

Thank you :)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:45 am

the new visa is required if the soc code changes. Nothing to do with salary (if a reasonable increase) and title.
It is employer who decides the soc, so ask them.
if the soc is different, u need a rlmt.
you do not have to wait till nov to apply. u could apply now, if the soc code is different and if the rlmt and cos can be issued to u