ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new job and spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

new job and spouse visa

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi ,

My wedding date is 22/05/2017

I wanted to apply spouse visa in next month (July/17)

I got a new job .. and my joining in new job is 19/06/2017. Now can i apply spouse visa if I will attach only one month salary slip for my new job .. OR i have to wait 3 to 6 months to get some salary slips and apply for job.

secondly option is : i can attach my previous company's salary slips .. and just one month salary slip for this new job.

please advise the best

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Pregnancy and TB screening test

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi .

I got married. and my wife got pregnant. I want to apply her visa in July. I have gathered most the documents required for spouse visa.

but TB screening test is pending. anyone on this forum or his spouse got TB screening in pregnancy? is it safe to go for TB screening in early stage of pregnancy.

anyone had similar experience .. please share

SimonS

Re: new job and spouse visa

Post by SimonS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:16 pm

You can combine the income from the new position with that from the old job. It's Category B on the Appendix 2 (VAF4A).

Not sure how it works if you apply in July with only part month salary for June. I think they average it out. Explanation in letter from employer detailing salary/wage along with new contract should cover it off for you.

Kind regards
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

SimonS

Re: Pregnancy and TB screening test

Post by SimonS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:23 pm

I have not had that experience but both the Tuberculin skin test and the blood test are supposed to be safe in pregnancy with no detrimental outcome to mother or child. You should really go and ask your GP though :idea:
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Topics merged. Can you please keep ALL your question in one topic. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each query you have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:47 pm

SimonS wrote:You can combine the income from the new position with that from the old job. It's Category B on the Appendix 2 (VAF4A).

Not sure how it works if you apply in July with only part month salary for June. I think they average it out. Explanation in letter from employer detailing salary/wage along with new contract should cover it off for you.

Kind regards
Simon

Thanks Simon :

Yes, I have Offer letter from employer . I will also get Job Letter like I am working with that organisation with salary and position etc.

I am just confuse if 1 salary slip for work out for my case.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Pregnancy and TB screening test

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:02 pm

SimonS wrote:I have not had that experience but both the Tuberculin skin test and the blood test are supposed to be safe in pregnancy with no detrimental outcome to mother or child. You should really go and ask your GP though :idea:

Pregnant women
You can choose:

an x-ray with an extra shield to protect you and your unborn child in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters
a sputum test (phlegm coughed up from your lungs) - there may be an extra fee and you could wait up to 8 weeks for results

these options are offered. I don't want to go first option ; my GP is saying there is a risk in it.

for second option .. it's takes 12 weeks to get the report.

so with second option, I would be able to apply after 3 months roughly, by the time I will get visa from HO ... my wife might not be able to travel.

So I am confuse, how to manage this .

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:10 pm

I see your dilemma. I did not realise they were the only options. Is that true of all the clinics you are able to choose?

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:17 pm

SimonS wrote:I see your dilemma. I did not realise they were the only options. Is that true of all the clinics you are able to choose?
Yes. There are only four test centers in Pakistan. and all are offering the same tests. TB X-Ray screening and other one which takes around 3 months to get the result.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:31 pm

I really do not know what to suggest then apart from have a read on the web about X-rays in pregnancy. I've had a quick look and the weight of opinion suggests that a chest X-ray does not pass to the uterus and poses "little" risk.

I appreciate it's a difficult decision and one only you and your wife can make.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi

As for your first question, the advise we were given under dame circumstances were to provide atleast 1 full month salary slip with new employer so 2 salary slips as you'll be paid from the date of joining for June and 6 salary slips from previous employer.

For T.B. test I have known people who did both without any harm to baby or mother. But like Simon said it's up to you and your wife to decide. I don't have a personal experience with it though.

S.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:26 pm

metanoia wrote:Hi

As for your first question, the advise we were given under dame circumstances were to provide atleast 1 full month salary slip with new employer so 2 salary slips as you'll be paid from the date of joining for June and 6 salary slips from previous employer.

For T.B. test I have known people who did both without any harm to baby or mother. But like Simon said it's up to you and your wife to decide. I don't have a personal experience with it though.

S.
Thanks very much ... this answer is very helpful. ( For salary slips I will wait for 30th of July , not a problem).

For TB test, do you know any person with similar situation who has done TB screening X-Ray test or Sputum test ..

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:16 pm

You should attach offer letter that mentioned your annual income, otherwise, it would difficult for HO staff to access your financial situation based on only one month salary.
Also, first month salary slip more often has less day income.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:13 pm

rubina20102010 wrote:You should attach offer letter that mentioned your annual income, otherwise, it would difficult for HO staff to access your financial situation based on only one month salary.
Also, first month salary slip more often has less day income.

I will attach the following

01) Offer letter
02) Letter from new company stating my income, position and starting date
03) this month salary slip (half month as i have started on 19th)
04) Next month salary slip (July).

I will apply right after having salary slip for the month of July, is that enough or should i wait for 3 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:15 pm

What about your previous job payslips??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:22 pm

CR001 wrote:What about your previous job payslips??
Offcourse I will attached previous company salary slips as well.

from previous company, i will attach

01) Salary slips of last 6 months
02) Bank statement showing my salary
03) letter from employer
04) P 60

from new company, I will attach

01) salary slip for the month of June and July .. I have started on 19th june
02) Bank statement showing my salary
03) Offer letter
04) letter from employer

Is it fine.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:59 am

It seems fine - How are you meeting the accommodation criteria? You should attach renting contract too.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:09 pm

rubina20102010 wrote:It seems fine - How are you meeting the accommodation criteria? You should attach renting contract too.

I have rented a double room in 2 bedroom house. the landlord is happy to give me NOC to join my wife in same house. I will attach survey report from independent contractor as well.

another option is to get a new 2 bedroom flat contract from 1st of September 2017 and survey report from independent contractor.

please advise how to document this, what is best option ?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:01 pm

The accommodation needs to be ready immediately. It's fine to say that the double room in the house is short term while you search for a flat of your own. Since it seems initially you will be living in a shared house, you will most likely need the accommodation report.

If you have your own flat as a sole tennant with your wife, the accommodation report is not required.

Kind regards
Simon

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:03 am

SimonS wrote:The accommodation needs to be ready immediately. It's fine to say that the double room in the house is short term while you search for a flat of your own. Since it seems initially you will be living in a shared house, you will most likely need the accommodation report.

If you have your own flat as a sole tennant with your wife, the accommodation report is not required.

Kind regards
Simon

Thanks very much simon.

accommodation report from council or independent estate agent ?

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:08 am

It should be from the local council and also you should have some bills in your name to show that you are living over there.

Or you can get a new flat on rent (Sole Tenant) as Simon said.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:40 am

rubina20102010 wrote:It should be from the local council and also you should have some bills in your name to show that you are living over there.

Or you can get a new flat on rent (Sole Tenant) as Simon said.
Hi Rubina !

My council is not offering housing survery, that's why i am asking for indepandant contractor.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Which councils is that?

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:20 pm

rubina20102010 wrote:Which councils is that?

hounslow council

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Every council in UK has housing officer who can visit your property for health & safety and send you a letter afterward.
I have two refusals in my office as my colleague got the letter from her friend and pay ‎£30 for third party survey - This is the known issue now and it might end up with refusal.

You said earlier, your wife is pregnant, then how your family will live in one room? As per housing laws, two individuals (One couple) can share one room - However, the baby is half individual and should have separate space. The co-worker can use this point and refuse the visa.

Better to get own flat or letter from the council to make it solid.