ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to know whether employer withdrawn my COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kUMARI16

Applying Tier 2 GeneraVisa when COS assigned by two sponsors

Post by kUMARI16 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:40 am

Hi Experts,

Firstly, Thank you for all your support and for your time on answering our queries.

I am about to apply for Tier 2 General Visa under changes of employment and before applying I have few questions which I thought of clearing through immigration boards because I personally feel it is a very good site and more responsive on our queries.

I was assigned an unrestricted COS by a sponsor couple of weeks ago and now I don't want to go with that company for Tier 2 General Visa because I got an another opportunity from another sponsor who wishes to sponsor me, so here my question is my new sponsor can continue assigning COS to me without my first sponsor withdrawing sponsorship or at first do I have to request the first sponsor to withdraw his sponsorship.

Also does that impact me in anyway on my Visa application though I haven't applied for any visa application on the assigned COS till now.

Could someone please answer my above query and many thanks for your time in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying Tier 2 GeneraVisa when COS assigned by two spon

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:56 am

My understanding is that you cannot have two "active/live" CoS in your name, one must be withdrawn first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kUMARI16

How to know whether employer withdrawn my COS

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Experts,

I have a quick question and I hope someone will answer my query.

I received an offer from company A who like to sponsor me and assigned a COS on my name two weeks back where in the meantime I also got an another offer from company B. Now I don't want to go with company A to apply for Tier 2 General visa application. So I want to write an email to company A for withdrawing their COS (because I believe one person shouldn't have two COS assigned) but here my question is how would I know whether company A withdrawn their sponsorship on me or not? So that I can continue to go with company B. Also is that the correct procedure to write an email to sponsor for withdrawing their sponsorship.

Please suggest and thanks for your valuable suggestions.

kUMARI16

Re: Applying Tier 2 GeneraVisa when COS assigned by two spon

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:20 pm

CR001 wrote:My understanding is that you cannot have two "active/live" CoS in your name, one must be withdrawn first.
Hi CR001,

Yes, I believe you are correct that I cannot have two active CoS and here my question is if I ask company A COS to be withdrawn how would I know? whether they withdrawn or not? Please suggest.

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Re: How to know whether employer withdrawn my COS

Post by gratefulhart » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:45 pm

If Company B tries to issue you a COS while the COS from Company A is still active, it will not be possible as they will get a notification that you already have an active COS.

kUMARI16

Re: How to know whether employer withdrawn my COS

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:03 pm

gratefulhart wrote:If Company B tries to issue you a COS while the COS from Company A is still active, it will not be possible as they will get a notification that you already have an active COS.
Hi gratefulhart,

Many Thanks for answering my query.