ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residency - 84 days short

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gobin
Newly Registered

10 years long residency - 84 days short

Post by gobin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Dear All,

My 10 years completing on 2nd November 2017
My tier 2 Visa expiring on 14th July 2017
The earliest date I can apply for 10 Years Long residency is 6th Oct 2017
My employer is refusing to extend my tier 2 Visa in the last minute.
It is impossible to find another employer as there is not enough time left.

The options I am thinking are:
1. to apply FLR(FP)
2. to apply SET (LR) on 14th July - before 84 days

Could anyone advice what would be the best way to extend my visa from 14th July to 6th Oct? Is there any other best solution?

Thanks
Gobin

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residency - 84 days short

Post by makky86 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:31 pm

May be you can apply for Student Visa and complete your 10 years.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:32 pm

In both cases you will risk being refused quite quickly before reaching October.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:44 pm

zimba88 wrote:In both cases you will risk being refused quite quickly before reaching October.
If he applies for student visa via post and ignore the biometric letter will not that give him enough time ?

gobin
Newly Registered

Post by gobin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:23 pm

zimba88 wrote:In both cases you will risk being refused quite quickly before reaching October.
Thanks for replying me. Do you know any other options to fill this 84 days pleases let me know thank you

gobin
Newly Registered

Post by gobin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:34 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:May be you can apply for Student Visa and complete your 10 years.
Thank you for replying me . I already been in student visa more than 5 years so I can't switch to student visa .if you know any other options please let me know thank you.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm

gobin wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:May be you can apply for Student Visa and complete your 10 years.
Thank you for replying me . I already been in student visa more than 5 years so I can't switch to student visa .if you know any other options please let me know thank you.
You can try Tier 1 enterpenuer if you have 50K

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
gobin wrote:
You can try Tier 1 enterpenuer if you have 50K
Only if the OP meets the very stringent and strict requirements for the £50k route. If he does not, only the £200k route is available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aliii

Post by aliii » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:05 pm

WHO MUST USE FORM FLR(FP)?
You MUST use this FLR(FP) form if you are applying for leave to remain in one of the
following categories:
• Family life as a partner (10 year route)
• Family life as a parent (5 year and 10 year routes)
• Dependent child of a person who has, or is at the same time applying for, limited leave to
enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system or UK Ancestry (10
year route)
• Private life in the UK (10 year route)
• Leave outside the Rules on the basis of family or private life

You can apply (Before 14July) for FLR(FP) on the basis of "Leave outside the Rules on the basis of family or private life".
This will not get decided by anytime soon and will give you plenty of time. You can vary your application to SET(LR) once completed 10 Years. By doing this your 3C right will be intact and your employer can use Employment Check Service to confirm this.

Make sure you prepare you FLR(FP) application with all due care, genuineness and all docs that support your private life. I assume you have spent your 9 years and 8 months in UK so you must have develop a strong private life in the UK.

Regards,