ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA RESIDENCE CARD SQUASHED

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamoman

EEA RESIDENCE CARD SQUASHED

Post by jamoman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:16 pm

im a irish eu citizen living in london for the last 12 years in london uk I met my wife in uk 9 years ago when she was student we are married 5 years and she holds a current eea 5 residence card as I'm her sponsor i have been excercising treaty rights as self employed worker last 7 years eea 5 residence card expires in 13 months in which i can apply for her eea perminate residence card... but as today theresa may announced in the news that a new system will be set up and eea system got rid of .....my wife has lived here as a student 5 years and as a worker paying national insurance for last 4 years .....can she apply for herself or do i have apply as dependant again with earnings over £18.600

any replys or suggestions would really appreciated thanks jamoman

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: EEA RESIDENCE CARD SQUASHED

Post by Richard W » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:38 am

AS far as I can see from the government's proposal, your wife or perhaps both you and your wife will apply for the new settled status simply on the basis of having lawfully lived in the UK as husband and wife for at least the past five years. Being Irish will qualify you, not disqualify you. (As the proposal reads, it would seem that you would be qualified even if you were also British, but that may be an oversight.)

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:12 pm

jamoman wrote:im a irish eu citizen living in london for the last 12 years in london uk I met my wife in uk 9 years ago when she was student we are married 5 years and she holds a current eea 5 residence card as I'm her sponsor i have been excercising treaty rights as self employed worker last 7 years eea 5 residence card expires in 13 months in which i can apply for her eea perminate residence card... but as today theresa may announced in the news that a new system will be set up and eea system got rid of .....my wife has lived here as a student 5 years and as a worker paying national insurance for last 4 years .....can she apply for herself or do i have apply as dependant again with earnings over £18.600

any replys or suggestions would really appreciated thanks jamoman

From the UK immigration standpoint, Irish citizens automatically have settled status from day one. They can apply for citizenship once they are in the UK for 5 years. Pls note that this does not apply to your wife until govt has brought the new policy announced yesterday to limelight. Any children born to Irish nationals in the UK is automatically British and vice versa (for children born to British citizens in Republic of Ireland)

jamoman

Post by jamoman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:26 pm

cheers for the replies it is looking very positive from feedback on this site and and online search engines that my wife can apply for the new proposed eu id card as she has been here in uk lawfully over 10 years and been on a eea 5 year residence card for last 4 years she has been working and paying national insurance for last 4 years and i have been working for last 10 years paying taxes and national insurance with no breaks and we both never received any benefits .....