ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony Appointment Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vicky8319
United Kingdom

Ceremony Appointment Process

Post by vicky8319 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:47 pm

I have got the approval today and Have booked an ceremony. Was lucky to get a Group appointment next week.

I got my approval letter and i booked the ceremony ONLINE with my council straight away and got an appointment within the next one week.

Some of the time line updates that i see now are confusing.
Below are few from the many timeline updates which say like -

Date of Ceremony: letter dated 26.5.2017, ceremony date 8.6.2017
or
Date of receipt of approval:10/05/2017
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: 10/05/2017

In the above example how can one receive the ceremony letter on the same day of the receipt of approval ???

Now I have an appointment early next week. Will i get any letter from council that i have to wait for to take it to the ceremony ? I am not sure if i will get any letter from Council / Registrar before my ceremony next week.

All i need that i know of to attend the ceremony is to have the Home Office Letter of Citizenship invitation and Acceptable Proof of your identity.

Can someone let me know the process please ?
1. Am i good to go and attend the ceremony ?
2. Most of the ceremony dates that i have seen here are like 3 weeks or 4 weeks away from the date of approval. Why is it so ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ceremony Appointment Process

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Fine yes.
2. Most of the ceremony dates that i have seen here are like 3 weeks or 4 weeks away from the date of approval. Why is it so ?
It varies from Council to Council. The ceremony appointment dates have nothing to do with HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vicky8319
United Kingdom

Post by vicky8319 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fine yes.
It varies from Council to Council. The ceremony appointment dates have nothing to do with HO.
Thank you master CR001.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:55 pm

vicky8319 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Fine yes.
Thank you master CR001.
Mistress :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vicky8319
United Kingdom

Post by vicky8319 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:01 am

Casa wrote: Mistress :wink:
really ???? i thought all admins are men here :)

rafabeton

Post by rafabeton » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:21 am

vicky8319 wrote:
Casa wrote: Mistress :wink:
really ???? i thought all admins are men here :)
really? why? :)