ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different names on foreign passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vilsonrjunior
Newly Registered
Brazil

Different names on foreign passports

Post by vilsonrjunior » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:40 am

Dear all,

My wife is dual national (Brazilian by birth and Italian by juris sanguines) and her name of her Brazilian passport appears as Given name + mother's surname + father's surname and on her Italian passport given name + father's surname only, as per Italian customs.

We are currently in process of applying for EEA PR and intend to apply for BC shortly after.

After reading the guidance notes, I wonder if she will have any problems applying for a British passport at a later stage.

In the UK she has always been known by her Italian names and for all legal purposes. In this country she is an Italian national and in the AN form she will write Italian as nationality, as it does not ask if the person already holds a second citizenship.

Does any one know if she will have any problems?

Thank you very much!

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Different names on foreign passports

Post by Richard W » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:51 am

She will have at least some extra hassle. See the pinned topic british-citizenship/new-policy-regardin ... 16754.html .

vilsonrjunior
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by vilsonrjunior » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:36 am

Richard W wrote:She will have at least some extra hassle. See the pinned topic british-citizenship/new-policy-regardin ... 16754.html .
Thanks Richard, I will check the post

Dias10
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Dias10 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi vilsonrjunior i have the same problem what did u do ? How do u completed the AN form ?? Let me know please thank u

Dias10
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Dias10 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:56 pm

vilsonrjunior wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:40 am
Dear all,

My wife is dual national (Brazilian by birth and Italian by juris sanguines) and her name of her Brazilian passport appears as Given name + mother's surname + father's surname and on her Italian passport given name + father's surname only, as per Italian customs.

We are currently in process of applying for EEA PR and intend to apply for BC shortly after.

After reading the guidance notes, I wonder if she will have any problems applying for a British passport at a later stage.

In the UK she has always been known by her Italian names and for all legal purposes. In this country she is an Italian national and in the AN form she will write Italian as nationality, as it does not ask if the person already holds a second citizenship.

Does any one know if she will have any problems?

Thank you very much!

Post by Dias10 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi vilsonrjunior i have the same problem what did u do ? How do u completed the AN form ?? Let me know please thank u