ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posting documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Posting documents

Post by klite12 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi Guys,

My lawyer has submitted my online application for the Spouse Visa and we have it booked for tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 8:20am. In *Islamabad, Pakistan*.

My lawyer has advised me from this point we have *TWO* weeks to forward the application and documentation to the Home Office. He said it'd be best for him to evaluate all the documents my wife has before submitting the application and has suggested we combine the application in one whole package and send it off as that. Thus my wife will need to send me the documentation via Post.

What method do you guys suggest? What is the normal way of sending these documents to the Home Office, and how long does it take? I'm willing to pay extra if need be just for the security of getting these documents on time as my Lawyer has advised the worst case scenario would be the Home Office refusing the application due to this and thus us losing the fee.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Posting documents

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Your post is not very clear as who is sponsor and who is applicant. Anyway let's say if you are the sponsor then your wife (applicant) will need to send you English translated nikkah name, tb test, English test plus other optional documents but preferably she use traceable courier service which will bring these documents up to you in 2-3 days. Then along with other documents you combine these documents and send to shieffield by recorded deliver of royal mail. And preferably send them responding royal mail prepaid envelope too which you can track too as when they have posted you something and it will provide security to your documents too during post.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

klite12

Post by klite12 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:55 pm

seagul wrote:Your post is not very clear as who is sponsor and who is applicant. Anyway let's say if you are the sponsor then your wife (applicant) will need to send you English translated nikkah name, tb test, English test plus other optional documents but preferably she use traceable courier service which will bring these documents up to you in 2-3 days. Then along with other documents you combine these documents and send to shieffield by recorded deliver of royal mail. And preferably send them responding royal mail prepaid envelope too which you can track too as when they have posted you something and it will provide security to your documents too during post.
Basically, the Lawyer has advised she'll post it to me. Me and my Lawyer will sit together, check all the documentation at one time and then post it to the Home Office.

I am the sponsor, my wife is in Pakistan at the moment. She said that she can use TCS to send it to me and it won't be problematic.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:58 pm

You and your lawyer read the following helpful thread too:

immigration-for-family-members/update-o ... 93554.html
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.