ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'being decided...' definition?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Deafmanthinking
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Still Waiting... why?

Post by Deafmanthinking » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:19 am

So, I'm an happily married to the most wonderful man on Earth and being apart from each other during the visa process have been and still is difficult.

It has been 4 weeks now and even though we have paid priority, we have heard nothing.

I am in the disability community and receive support via DLA. We have worked out everything and I get enough to pass the limit set by the home office.

I am deaf and the offices have been extremely inaccessible - I have emailed twice and even though it costed just over £5 per email, I have heard nothing back. The automatic respond were to call them if I hear anything within two days.

It has been over a week. How in the hell am I supposed to call them...???

I have called them at the end of last week with a help of a friend but it didn't go well as there were a huge confusion - BSL to an oral friend to a clueless visa office.

I have booked an interpreter costing a lot of money to help me call them properly tomorrow - but I am still furious that they have been discriminating myself - not responding to the emails.

I am soon to book flights to Korea to re-join with my husband and wait but I'm terribly worried that it will take such a long time.

It seems that they are not deaf-friendly whatsoever and the timing seems quite long considering the fact that we have paid priority rate on top?

Is there anything that may be holding them back? Why have we've not heard from them regarding the process of the visa? They stated that they will inform us when the investigation starts alas we have had absolutely nothing.

It's incredibly unfair and as you may have experienced, soul-crushing to have a bunch of strangers working for the home office, deciding if it is legal to in love and married to another from outside of the UK.

Being deaf makes it more difficult to make calls so my other half have begged for me to go over and by hell fire, I shall do that. I am just worried about the lack of access regarding the communication side. Isn't it breaking the law?

Thanks.

mb7891

Re: Spouse Visa Still Waiting... why?

Post by mb7891 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:36 am

Hi

At the moment it is taking 6-8 weeks on priority applications , this is due to delays and backlog at Sheffield processing centre. The official stance on priority applications is that it places your application in front to be processed with no actual official turnaround time.

I can understand your frustrations at the lack of updates or status updates, after my own experiences of having very little back on our application. The contact service only has access to limited information.

I would not worry for the time being about your application. They will contact you if they need any further information to make a decision.

Hang in there, i know how tough the wait is.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:07 am

I totally understand the frustration of being away from your loved one, especially when the UK visa process is anything but straightforward. Me and my husband have been waiting for 20 weeks now for a response from the Home Office. Couples are kept waiting in the dark without any foreseeable timeline and on top of that, you have to cough up money every time you want to get an update on your case. And even when you do get an update, it is an ambiguously automated response that leaves you with more questions than answers.

And it's horrid that the Home Office are not catering to people with needs. I would highly suggest e-mailing the complaints team on here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

It takes 21 days for them to respond to you complaint, but they will respond to you well under that timeframe. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will find an e-mail address where you can send your complaints.

All the best and hang in there!

Deafmanthinking
Newly Registered

Post by Deafmanthinking » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:51 pm

First of all all, thank you both ever so much for your support. It is tough isn't it...

I just don't understand the method of having a couple kept apart especially so far away just for the sake of a visa application.

Truth is, I almost booked a plane to rejoice his side but felt I should call one more time AND paying a lot of money for a BSL interpreter once again considering the fact that they have still not replied to my email whatsoever.

Funnier enough, I was greeted with, 'your application have been looked at and is currently being decided'.

After messaging the other half, he facetimed me with glee and I can just taste the end. But the terrifying part have just begun - the decision.

Whilst our application is really strong, I just wanted to be sure that I know what to do exactly just to play the devil advocate. I have twenty-one days to appeal and to complete this in court?

This is from a legal advice although I must say, with an apology, the legal expert in the uk have been very unhelpful...

How is it going for you guys?

Deafmanthinking
Newly Registered

'being decided...' definition?

Post by Deafmanthinking » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:18 pm

So, finally after a several calls even though they have been difficult and more expensive (hiring BSL interpreters to translate for myself since they have never responded via email), they had finally declared that they have opened the application and currently making a decision.

What does 'making a decision' really mean? How long does that take normally?

I'm disabled (DLA) and married to my beaut from outside Europe.

Your expertise will be hugely helpful to soothe my nerves.

Thanks.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Re: 'being decided...' definition?

Post by bathanza » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:32 pm

What type of application did you make and when? You can use this link to see the status and from when it was last updated: https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Use the IHS if the ref or the ID does not work

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Deafmanthinking
Newly Registered

Post by Deafmanthinking » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:48 pm

bathanza wrote:What type of application did you make and when? You can use this link to see the status and from when it was last updated: https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

I never knew this! Trying to find the IHS as the ref is not working. Any clue on how to find this?

Sorry to be a pain.

Deafmanthinking
Newly Registered

Post by Deafmanthinking » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:51 pm

bathanza wrote:What type of application did you make and when? You can use this link to see the status and from when it was last updated: https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Ps, spouse visa. Was confirmed on the phone that they are currently deciding.

It was massive change from two days ago

'Application yet not open'

Into

'Going through the decision'

It doesn't make sense to me nor couldn't tell me how long it could take! '

Deafmanthinking
Newly Registered

Post by Deafmanthinking » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Any idea how long it is normally for them to make a decision? They say it can take up to 3 months but wondered what's the average waiting time...

Thanks

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:07 pm

hello PIXELARGE09
today i check online status it says decided by 24th june

pray for me it will positive i am confused now

pixelrage09 wrote:I totally understand the frustration of being away from your loved one, especially when the UK visa process is anything but straightforward. Me and my husband have been waiting for 20 weeks now for a response from the Home Office. Couples are kept waiting in the dark without any foreseeable timeline and on top of that, you have to cough up money every time you want to get an update on your case. And even when you do get an update, it is an ambiguously automated response that leaves you with more questions than answers.

And it's horrid that the Home Office are not catering to people with needs. I would highly suggest e-mailing the complaints team on here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

It takes 21 days for them to respond to you complaint, but they will respond to you well under that timeframe. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will find an e-mail address where you can send your complaints.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Miss UK wrote:hello PIXELARGE09
today i check online status it says decided by 24th june

pray for me it will positive i am confused now

pixelrage09 wrote:I totally understand the frustration of being away from your loved one, especially when the UK visa process is anything but straightforward. Me and my husband have been waiting for 20 weeks now for a response from the Home Office. Couples are kept waiting in the dark without any foreseeable timeline and on top of that, you have to cough up money every time you want to get an update on your case. And even when you do get an update, it is an ambiguously automated response that leaves you with more questions than answers.

Wow Congratulation Miss UK,

You're finally there now. Just maybe 10 days max and you will have your decision. Could you please post your timeline for other people here still awaiting decision?

scantybat
Newly Registered

Post by scantybat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:53 pm

I got the 'decided' page as well when I checked on my application status on the link the lovely people on this forum provided. Also on the 24th of June. I haven't received an email, but I know that not everyone gets one. I am waiting with bated breath for my post to arrive. I will notify when I hear something. EEEE!!! To the other person waiting, GOOD LUCK! I hope we both hear good news soon! I am wondering though why it was updated on a Saturday, since they don't work on the weekend but ah well. Not important.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:12 pm

scantybat wrote:I got the 'decided' page as well when I checked on my application status on the link the lovely people on this forum provided. Also on the 24th of June. I haven't received an email, but I know that not everyone gets one. I am waiting with bated breath for my post to arrive. I will notify when I hear something. EEEE!!! To the other person waiting, GOOD LUCK! I hope we both hear good news soon! I am wondering though why it was updated on a Saturday, since they don't work on the weekend but ah well. Not important.
Before you continue with your discussion with Miss UK & pixelrage09 about your own applications, please respect that this is Deafmanthinking's thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

scantybat
Newly Registered

Post by scantybat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Casa wrote:
scantybat wrote:I got the 'decided' page as well when I checked on my application status on the link the lovely people on this forum provided. Also on the 24th of June. I haven't received an email, but I know that not everyone gets one. I am waiting with bated breath for my post to arrive. I will notify when I hear something. EEEE!!! To the other person waiting, GOOD LUCK! I hope we both hear good news soon! I am wondering though why it was updated on a Saturday, since they don't work on the weekend but ah well. Not important.
Before you continue with your discussion with Miss UK & pixelrage09 about your own applications, please respect that this is Deafmanthinking's thread.
I apologize. I just got a little overexcited. This forum has been extremely helpful.

Deafmanthinking
Newly Registered

Post by Deafmanthinking » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Casa wrote:

I'm really pleased for you.

Although, I'm still lost as hell. The visa people haven't been helpful considering the fact I had spent much more money than other people compared considering the fact I had to pay for BSL interpreters in aid to call them as they wouldn't respond to my emails...

And now my husband have received a reply after sending them an email so the question is - whatever happened to mine...!?

Anyway, in the email they asked why should they elascate the process.

I can't think what to say but to add that the whole thing have been extremely stressful and have faced inequality in communication as a deaf person and the fact it's actually breaking the law, in the nicest way possible.

I hoped they would take this into consideration because unlike most people, I cannot learn anything regarding the updates until I actually spend £200 on top of the phone charges (BSL interpreter).

I would say, woe is me, but in fact I am incredibly angry.

And now I have not a clue how long the decision making normally takes with the both of us just sitting, many miles apart, desperate to finally let our lives together roll rather than constantly being held.

How long does the decision making normally take? Please don't say three months....

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:11 am

It's really hard to say how long it would take going from "awaiting a decision" to "decided" and everyone's baseline seems to be different. I for one have been awaiting a decision that was last updated on 10/05/17. It's about to be 2 months since and not sure how much longer they will take a to make a bloody decision. And calling UKVI isn't really inspiring confidence either because I just get a different answer every time.

I wish UKVI were more transparent with the process, but there seems to be no other alternative than just wait, wait and wait.. Been doing that for 6 months now :cry:

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Post by JerrySteeler » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:19 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:It's really hard to say how long it would take going from "awaiting a decision" to "decided" and everyone's baseline seems to be different. I for one have been awaiting a decision that was last updated on 10/05/17. It's about to be 2 months since and not sure how much longer they will take a to make a bloody decision. And calling UKVI isn't really inspiring confidence either because I just get a different answer every time.

I wish UKVI were more transparent with the process, but there seems to be no other alternative than just wait, wait and wait.. Been doing that for 6 months now :cry:
Hi pixelrage what did u apply for and what was your total waiting time.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:01 pm

JerrySteeler wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:It's really hard to say how long it would take going from "awaiting a decision" to "decided" and everyone's baseline seems to be different. I for one have been awaiting a decision that was last updated on 10/05/17. It's about to be 2 months since and not sure how much longer they will take a to make a bloody decision. And calling UKVI isn't really inspiring confidence either because I just get a different answer every time.

Applied for settlement visa and as of today, it's 22 weeks total.

scantybat
Newly Registered

Post by scantybat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Deafmanthinking wrote:
Casa wrote:

I'm really pleased for you.

Although, I'm still lost as hell. The visa people haven't been helpful considering the fact I had spent much more money than other people compared considering the fact I had to pay for BSL interpreters in aid to call them as they wouldn't respond to my emails...

And now my husband have received a reply after sending them an email so the question is - whatever happened to mine...!?

Anyway, in the email they asked why should they elascate the process.

I can't think what to say but to add that the whole thing have been extremely stressful and have faced inequality in communication as a deaf person and the fact it's actually breaking the law, in the nicest way possible.

I hoped they would take this into consideration because unlike most people, I cannot learn anything regarding the updates until I actually spend £200 on top of the phone charges (BSL interpreter).

I would say, woe is me, but in fact I am incredibly angry.

And now I have not a clue how long the decision making normally takes with the both of us just sitting, many miles apart, desperate to finally let our lives together roll rather than constantly being held.

How long does the decision making normally take? Please don't say three months....
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It sickens me how people applying for these visas are left in the dark, and then their desperation to find answers is exploited. They have the gall to charge money for a phoneline that ends up telling you less than you already knew, and 5.48 pounds for a useless email. I hope you hear good news soon. I am still waiting as well. Being away from our partners for this long... it is agony!

Deafmanthinking
Newly Registered

Post by Deafmanthinking » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:07 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
JerrySteeler wrote:

That is a very long time. Are you on priority?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:09 pm

Deafmanthinking wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:
JerrySteeler wrote:

That is a very long time. Are you on priority?
Nope non-priority. I kinda regret it now, but in hindsight, I'm also not sure if that would have made any difference.