ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Britishness and new proposal for earned citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PASS

Britishness and new proposal for earned citizenship

Post by PASS » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:13 am

I’ve been here long time, I could classify my friends circle under the following categories,

A. Born and brought up here
B. Born outside the UK and brought up here
C. People arrived here in the last 7 years

In 2000:
Whenever any sporting events between the home country (where they or their parents born) and Britain.

The support of each category was
A. UK
B. Home country (50:50)
C. Home country

Whenever any sporting events between the foreign country and Britain

The support of each category was

A. UK
B. UK
C. UK

In 2008:
Whenever any sporting events between the home country (where they or their parents born) and Britain.

The support of each category is
A. UK(50:50)
B. Home country
C. Home country

Whenever any sporting events between the foreign country and Britain

The support of each category is
A. UK (50:50)
B. Foreign
C. Foreign

Is this what called integration to British society? I’m not sure where this will lead to!! (with introduction of new rules of earned citizenship in future). In a sense, immigrants here are there for only to pay taxes. The Home office is heading towards opposite direction to integrate migrants.

Note: Don’t ask for the data, I haven’t done any survey, it is my view based on observation over a period.