ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Concern over negative balance bank statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Concern over negative balance bank statements

Post by ReturningHome » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi,

I recently returned to the UK and am in full time employment on a good salary (£60k). I can evidence my initial salary deposits etc. However, previous to my return I was unemployed and my current bank balance is negative (approximately £7k). Obviously I will meet the £18,600 threshold within 4 months working but my bank balance will still be negative at that time as there are a lot of costs involved with emigrating (rent deposit, furniture, visa application etc etc).

Is it possible that my bank balance can count against me even though I easily fulfil the income requirement rules or are they just there to verify my salary? If the former, is it advisable to wait until I'm consistently in credit before applying?

Thanks

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Re: Concern over negative balance bank statements

Post by ReturningHome » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention that the application is for a settlement visa for my non-eea wife.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:35 pm

If you are meeting the financial requirement by employment route instead savings then negative balance must not have any effect over the outcome of application. However, if you are not in rush then may wait a bit more until the balance becomes positive.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:09 pm

To be on the safe side I would wait for a short time till it clears. As though it may not effect your application fully, the ECO as usually on a look out if for every little detail and can delay your application.

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Post by ReturningHome » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Thankyou both for your responses. It seems an extra 4 week wait will be worth it just to show a positive trend and balance.

benbridge
Newly Registered

Post by benbridge » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:15 pm

sorry to interject - but despite the good 60k salary, am I right in thinking that you still need to be in this employment for 6 months before you can apply? just asking because you mentioned 4 months

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Post by ReturningHome » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Im just an applicant so don't take my word as gospel but reading through the guidelines from the government I don't see why. I qualify for categories A and B

My current salary multiplies out to above £18600 p.a (obviously)

And

Within 4 months I'll have earned over £18600 within the last 12 months.

If I've been in employment for over 6 months I can qualify by just part a (e.g have earnt £9300 within 6 months) but if I'm under 6 months in my current job I can qualify by fulfilling points A and B.

Thanks