ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Post by ajitk1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 am

sahramkhalidi wrote:Dear all,

I really need an advise. I'm really worried now about the new law that even though you have been granted permanent residence you still have to apply again for settled status. MY QUESTION IS WHEN THIS NEW LAW COMING IN TO FORCE AND CAN I STILL APPLY FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP WITHIN THIS 2 YEAR UNTILL THE UK LEAVES THE EU IN 29th MAR of 2019 ??????

Please someone help here
Again why are people acting childish?? If one is reading this forum, they surely are reading the newspapers/TV/Internet. It has been clearly stated that the date is anytime between 29 March 17 to 29 March 19. Why this crazy behaviour asking question that clearly even the government does not know because that will be decided during the negotiations? It may not be the final outcome. There may be changes. People should just read and use their common sense.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:50 am

thekranky1 wrote:
WhiteCat wrote:
myganet wrote:
WhiteCat wrote:EU citizen

Application submitted online: 04.04.2017
Case ID recieved: 05.04.2017
Documents submitted via European Passport
Checking Service: 10.04.2017

Online status says decided on 15.06.2017

Have not received anything by post yet...
did you receive anything? mine says Decided 19 of June, but nothing came yet

This clearly shows that sending your application by european passport service is the best option. I too applied on 4/4/17 but on 8/6/17 I got a reference number via email. Nothing changed after that when I see some others even after posting it a few days later have had their application decided.
However I should repeat its pointless wasting your money, time, stress factor applying now because soon you will have to reapply for "settled status".
no..still waiting..If I don't get anything by Thursday it will be 10 working days and I will call them.
Any joy? Seems they are pretty slow at present. We are also waiting for decision dated 20 June and no sign yet of our paid for special delivery envelope being used. Guess we will have to wait for the 10 working days and take it from there.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:56 am

ajitk1 wrote:I dont see any reason to be anxious now. The new rules clearly state that all EU citizens including those with permanent residence certificates will have to apply for "settled status". Why are people going all panicky? This document is practically worthless.

In order to apply for British citizenship you have to apply for permanent residence first that's why

thekranky1
Newly Registered

Post by thekranky1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:21 pm

The question on being jumpy is pretty misjudged if I may say. You already have the answer re route to citizenship. Also, you do realise that the UK position is simply a paper. It is not law and nothing is settled given it is well below the EU27s published position. Therefore we all need to wait and see what comes out i the wash.

Until then people are entitled to apply for PR as EEA nationals and then apply to be a citizen of they wish.

A final point, my earlier post was about how slow HO are being jn posting out post decision.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:18 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:
ajitk1 wrote:I dont see any reason to be anxious now. The new rules clearly state that all EU citizens including those with permanent residence certificates will have to apply for "settled status". Why are people going all panicky? This document is practically worthless.

In order to apply for British citizenship you have to apply for permanent residence first that's why

I don't imagine you could pass the English language test to apply for citizenship. However you can still learn. Good Luck.
Yes you need to get PR cert before you can apply for citizenship. However you have to see from what date you have been deemed a PR. From that day you need to wait for a year to apply for citizenship.
You are talking about when the rules will be in force and 2 years waiting. By the time you are eligible the rules will be different.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:25 pm

thekranky1 wrote:The question on being jumpy is pretty misjudged if I may say. You already have the answer re route to citizenship. Also, you do realise that the UK position is simply a paper. It is not law and nothing is settled given it is well below the EU27s published position. Therefore we all need to wait and see what comes out i the wash.

Until then people are entitled to apply for PR as EEA nationals and then apply to be a citizen of they wish.

A final point, my earlier post was about how slow HO are being jn posting out post decision.

HO has always been slow. Once you get your PR you are set.
They clearly say 10 working days wait for return of documents. So what is the point is asking before your time is due??
Being entitled for PR is great but are you entitled to apply for citizenship? Its a year's wait. Rules may change. As I have mentioned earlier. Nothing is definite. Its all negotiable. The negotiations have not even begun. The 27 will study the proposals and ask for changes which UK may or may not accede to.
People are asking about stuff that has not even been discussed leave alone implemented. Let us get a final proposal and definite law and then worry about what our status is. Settled status will not be automatic after 5 yrs stay. Just like PR is not certain after 5 years stay. So many requirements to meet the exercise of treaty rights.
Just by typing questions here because it costs you nothing does not make any sense, only tedious reading.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:30 pm

MY QUESTION IS WHEN THIS NEW LAW COMING IN TO FORCE AND CAN I STILL APPLY FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP WITHIN THIS 2 YEAR UNTILL THE UK LEAVES THE EU IN 29th MAR of 2019 ??????

UNTIL THE LAW IS PASSED AND PROMULGATED THE CURRENT RULES APPLY.
IT IS CLEAR THAT THE EXACT DETAILS OF THE NEW LAW HAS NOT BE DECIDED AND SUBJECT TO NEGOTIATION. WHY THIS NONSENSE OF ASKING IF YOU CAN APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP WITHIN 2 YEARS WHEN EVEN MAY AND THE CABINET HAVE NOT GIVEN PRECISE DETAILS. DO YOU THINK SOME FORUM MEMBER KNOWS WHAT LAW IS GOING TO BE PASSED?

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Bkholfy wrote:EU citizen, 11 years in UK

Online application submitted - 10/04/2017
Payment confirmation email - 11/04/2017
Documents requested back - 01/06/2017
Documents not received form- 19/06/2017
Passport and residency certificate received - 22/06/2017
PR decision- still waiting

It seems that most of you have received a Case ID, I never received mine? I tried to use their status checker by using my payment reference and Royal Mail tracking number, but nothing comes up. Is there anything else I can use to check the status of my application or is there any way I could request my Case ID? I tried to call HO, however I was told that they are just a general inquiry helpline and can't help with specific individual queries.

Your case ID should be mentioned in the letter with your passport and residency certificate. If there was no letter then you can write them and they will reply. Give your full name, date of birth, passport number, date of posting and date acknowledged by HO.

marcar
Newly Registered

Post by marcar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:33 pm

thekranky1 wrote:
WhiteCat wrote:
myganet wrote:

no..still waiting..If I don't get anything by Thursday it will be 10 working days and I will call them.
Any joy? Seems they are pretty slow at present. We are also waiting for decision dated 20 June and no sign yet of our paid for special delivery envelope being used. Guess we will have to wait for the 10 working days and take it from there.

marcar
Newly Registered

Post by marcar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to check the online application status?
I submitted my EEA PR online application on 6th May
Passport service 7th May
Received confirmation email with case reference No 7th May

Thank you

myganet
Newly Registered

Post by myganet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:49 pm

marcar wrote:Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to check the online application status?
I submitted my EEA PR online application on 6th May
Passport service 7th May
Received confirmation email with case reference No 7th May

Thank you
i applied online as well, when I went to appointment with council- they gave me confirmation that i submitted papers through them and that i can call them and ask for reference royal mail number. I called- they gave me tracking number and it worked on HO website. hope this helps

marcar
Newly Registered

Post by marcar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi,
I have found the Home Office link to use in order to check your online application status which is:

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

thekranky1
Newly Registered

Post by thekranky1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:02 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
thekranky1 wrote:The question on being jumpy is pretty misjudged if I may say. You already have the answer re route to citizenship. Also, you do realise that the UK position is simply a paper. It is not law and nothing is settled given it is well below the EU27s published position. Therefore we all need to wait and see what comes out i the wash.

HO has always been slow. Once you get your PR you are set.
They clearly say 10 working days wait for return of documents. So what is the point is asking before your time is due??
Being entitled for PR is great but are you entitled to apply for citizenship? Its a year's wait. Rules may change. As I have mentioned earlier. Nothing is definite. Its all negotiable. The negotiations have not even begun. The 27 will study the proposals and ask for changes which UK may or may not accede to.
People are asking about stuff that has not even been discussed leave alone implemented. Let us get a final proposal and definite law and then worry about what our status is. Settled status will not be automatic after 5 yrs stay. Just like PR is not certain after 5 years stay. So many requirements to meet the exercise of treaty rights.
Just by typing questions here because it costs you nothing does not make any sense, only tedious reading.
Let me help you out a bit. Your tone is quite arrogant and rude in places. I am a an legally trained and now about EU laws. I am fully aware of the process the treaty rights etc. I have also spent the last year advising clients on Brexit. This is a place to help others who are not so aware of the law.

You can wait for the final proposal as is your desire, others know if they are entitled to evidence of PR status under the treaties and have applied, such as my wife. And yes, before you decide to treat others like idiots I am aware of the status under the Treaties etc. I find your comment on tedium reflects badly on you. If you don't want to read it you know where to go.

Re waiting period yes depends on when PR granted, but for us it would not be an issue in terms of entitlement to apply for citizenship.

On the specific and clear question I asked, it related to how slowly the HO is currently being. I have a number of friends who have applied for EEA PR over the last year and timings to get documents back etc varies a huge amount, but it does seem things are taking a long time at present.

On the negotiations, actually they have begun albeit more for sjow than in the formal rounds. There are good reasons if their nationality allows it for those with PR to also seek UK nationality if they wish eg the two year rule so use it or lose it.

Hope that satisfied your curiousity. No doubt it is too long and so boring. Please do step back before posting certain comments and think how it comes across in future.

Moderator edit to your first sentence

thekranky1
Newly Registered

Post by thekranky1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Btw, sorry for any typos. I am typing this on a mobile so screen renders oddly.

axelwb
Newly Registered

Post by axelwb » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Can we stop arguing please and keep to what this forum is about? And that's the processing times for Permanent Residence Cards. If you want to battle each other, please do through private messages. Thank you. :)

WhiteCat
Newly Registered

Post by WhiteCat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:00 pm

thekranky1 wrote:
WhiteCat wrote:
myganet wrote:

I got a card from the post office. That's for the special delivery/signed prepaid envelope I have send to HO with my documents. Will know what the decision is tomorrow.

Personally I have applied for confirmation of PR to apply for British Citizenship. I have been here long enough and don't need to wait the 12 months.

I will update what the decision says tomorrow..

thekranky1
Newly Registered

Post by thekranky1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:32 pm

Many thanks for the update Whitecat. Am sure it will all be fine.

Axelwb: completely agree, sorry for using board up for my right to reply. I was taken aback at being attacked for asking a question on timing. We should all be using our knowledge and experience to help each other, I appreciate as an English lawyer working with EU law my day job is helpful in navigating this process.

Take care everyone. :D

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:05 pm

thekranky1 wrote:Many thanks for the update Whitecat. Am sure it will all be fine.

Axelwb: completely agree, sorry for using board up for my right to reply. I was taken aback at being attacked for asking a question on timing. We should all be using our knowledge and experience to help each other, I appreciate as an English lawyer working with EU law my day job is helpful in navigating this process.

Take care everyone. :D
There is no "attack" in my messages. Its just a matter of common sense. Anyone using this forum does not rely entirely on the forum and read other sources for additional information. I do so, maybe I am assuming wrong.
HO says there has be a huge increase in applications. As an English lawyer working with EU law you should be aware of that. When people get their PR they leave one final message informing us of their time line and quit the forum. This is not a hobby forum.
So commenting inane stuff is unbecoming of a lawyer. Strangely 7 posts is all you have done and claim you have been helping out in the forum!!!
Your post was not so annoying as the person who asks when will the law be effective. Only 2 days ago the news was out clearly stating the dates are not decided and settled status applications will start in Summer 18 and dates will be announced later. and a day later we are asked when will it be effective. Is this an agony column?

torrebronx
Newly Registered

Post by torrebronx » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi all,

Thanks everyone for sharing your timelines and feedback, I've found them very useful. Please, find below my timeline for a EEA-PR application (Spain):

Application Sent: 11 Apr 2017
Application Received: 12 Apr 2017
Payment taken: 20 Apr 2017
Confirmation email by HO: 13 Jun 2017
Passports requested back: N/A
Passports received: N/A
PR Issued: 23 Jun 2017
PR + Documents Received: 27 Jun 2017

Good luck!

thekranky1
Newly Registered

Post by thekranky1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:38 am

ajitk1. Can we just eave this please. I am not sure what your beef is really, but it is becoming quite annoying. There is nothing unbecoming of me as a Solicitor in my replies, I was merely responding to your misguided assumptions about what I do or do not know. As for the demand on the HO, I could not give a damn. No other EU states have such an inept system to evidence PR. That is a classic function of the uselessness of the HO and out failure to actually have a central registration system in general (only shared with Cyprus).

On the 7 posts: 1st posted or timeline, 2nd updated it and asked a valid question on how long it was taking people after the decision day to get items back (as we are out of country this week) and also replied with what we were told about the new online status by HO (to help others who had been asking), 3rd was to Whitecat as they are a very similar position so that is useful re timeline.

The rest have been wasted replying to you. I am not going to waste my time as this has drifted well off topic. Calm down please. :roll:

fanthara
Newly Registered

Post by fanthara » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:42 am

I have been waiting for the BIO letter request for 8 weeks now and I've read hear that some people contacted UK Visa by email about it. I can't find an email to send. Can anyone let me know what's the contact email?
Thanks!

myganet
Newly Registered

Post by myganet » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:22 am

fanthara wrote:I have been waiting for the BIO letter request for 8 weeks now and I've read hear that some people contacted UK Visa by email about it. I can't find an email to send. Can anyone let me know what's the contact email?
Thanks!
I waited 2,5 months for biometric. i applied in April. I also emailed twice in May EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they only(!) replied back to me in 1 month when I already received it))) keep calm and keep on waiting))

WhiteCat
Newly Registered

Post by WhiteCat » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:02 am

thekranky1 wrote:
WhiteCat wrote:
myganet wrote:

I went to the post office and got the documents with the PR card and date when I acquired the PR.

Have to say they gave me the wrong date...I thought it would be May 2016 but it's November 2015. Doesn't change much but if anybody is interested I had WRS but changed employer within 12 months of getting it and didn't inform HO(didn't know I had to) so thought they would only count from May 2011.

For anybody still waiting it took 9 working days from "decision made" to getting the documents..And I supplied 1st class, next day before 1pm envelope.

titti
Newly Registered

Post by titti » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while now and I would let you know my experience for a single EEA application. I live in U.k. since 2002.

application send by post: 29/03/2017
fees debited in my bank account: 06/04/2017
confirmation email received: 05/06/2017
PR card and supporting documentation received in the post: 28/06/2017

Based on the documentation produced the permanent residence has been granted from 04/2009.

12 weeks in total for the waiting and I am quite happy. Considering the amount of applications I was expecting a longer waiting.
I hope this will help other applicants.
Good luck to everyone.

Selbon
Newly Registered

Post by Selbon » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Good day everyone! Last thursday (22/6/17) I'd sent a complaints emails to Home Office because it's already almost 8 weeks has past since I submitted my PR (non-EEA) application but I didn't received my Case ID and Biometric Enrolment Letter. Just last Monday (26/6/17) I received my Case ID through email and yesterday I received my Biometric Enrolment Letter. Now I just need to wait for my COA :)

Application submitted: 27/04/17
Application delivered and received: 28/04/17
Case ID received: 26/06/17
Biometric Enrolment Letter received: 28/06/17 (dated 25/06/17)
Biometric done: 29/06/17
COA: ?
PR: ?