ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Educatn Provider vs Overseas Higher Education Instituitn

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

miserysignals
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Student Visa funding

Post by miserysignals » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:00 pm

I will be applying for Visa for my course in the University of Nottingham starting this September. It is a 1 year course.

The tuition fees is 20250£ and the accommodation fee is 1015£ * 9 months = 9135£. And I have already paid 2000£ out of this. So my remaining total fee for the entire duration is 27385£.

Now I am opting for partial funding from my legal guardian and partial loan i.e
Loan = 12000£
Guardian funding = 15785£

So now I am aware of the 28 days rule which states that in case of self funding the said amount of fund should be present in the bank amount at least for the last 28 days. And I don't think there are any such rule for loan. Now in my case I have partial funding and partial loan. So how does the 28 day rule work now? Is it applicable on the remaining amount of 15785£? Also is it possible to show multiple accounts totaling to that sum of money?

Meaning for a fund of 15785£ can I show
Bank Account 1 - 5000£
Bank Account 2 - 10000£
Bank Account 3 - 785£
?

And I assume the 28 day rule applies individually for each of them?

Thanks.

miserysignals
Newly Registered

Tier 4 student visa relieving letter

Post by miserysignals » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:12 pm

I am applying for Visa for my course in the University of Nottingham starting this September. One of my friends received visa rejection last year owing to the fact that he was not able to show the relieving letter from his last company although he could show the offer letter.

I already have my relieving letter from my last company but I did not find any clause in the "Tier 4 of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance" booklet, regarding relieving letters. This has got me worried if there are any other hidden clauses or documents I might have missed for my application. I admit I haven't gone over the booklet line by line but from however much I have skimmed there were no such requirements.

So my question is, are there any other past work or job related clauses that I have missed which are important for the Tier 4 student visa?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa funding

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Topics merged. Please keep all your questions on the same application in one thread. It is not necessary to start a new topic/thread for each question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:39 am

You need to look at the requirements as laid out in the Tier 4 Policy Guidance.
miserysignals wrote: Now I am opting for partial funding from my legal guardian and partial loan i.e
Loan = 12000£
See paragraph 220v.
miserysignals wrote:Guardian funding = 15785£
See paragraph 222.
miserysignals wrote:So how does the 28 day rule work now? Is it applicable on the remaining amount of 15785£?

And I assume the 28 day rule applies individually for each of them?
See paragraph 220i.
miserysignals wrote:Also is it possible to show multiple accounts totaling to that sum of money?
See paragraph 217.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

nickmq
Newly Registered

Post by nickmq » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:29 am

miserysignals wrote:I am applying for Visa for my course in the University of Nottingham starting this September. One of my friends received visa rejection last year owing to the fact that he was not able to show the relieving letter from his last company although he could show the offer letter.

I already have my relieving letter from my last company but I did not find any clause in the "Tier 4 of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance" booklet, regarding relieving letters. This has got me worried if there are any other hidden clauses or documents I might have missed for my application. I admit I haven't gone over the booklet line by line but from however much I have skimmed there were no such requirements.

So my question is, are there any other past work or job related clauses that I have missed which are important for the Tier 4 student visa?

Thanks

Hey there, Would like to more about this. The company from which I am resigning won't give me an experience letter as I have not completed an year. What document, should I show the VO, if they ask for experience letter or any details on the last job? Although I have all the letters on jobs held before that? I will be applying for a student visa? I just joined this job 4 months ago when my old company merged into current one, a process in which many people voluntarily joined this while others had the option to be terminated. Along the way the I received an offer for study and hence resigning.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:24 am

nickmq wrote:The company from which I am resigning won't give me an experience letter as I have not completed an year. What document, should I show the VO, if they ask for experience letter or any details on the last job?
Where are you reading that such a letter is required?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

nickmq
Newly Registered

Post by nickmq » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:33 am

The post above by miserysignals narrates an incident where the visa was rejected due to not providing a relieving letter?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:41 am

nickmq wrote:The post above by miserysignals narrates an incident where the visa was rejected due to not providing a relieving letter?
That is second- or even third-hand information which has probably become garbled in the telling.

Such a letter has no relevance to eligibility for a Tier 4 visa, unless in this one individual's very specific situation it was somehow linked to their credibility as a genuine student. But unless OP can post an extract from the refusal letter showing that this letter was relevant, I would advise paying it no attention.

miserysignals
Newly Registered

Post by miserysignals » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:24 pm

sah10406

The paragraph numbers that you mention : 220v, 222, 220i, 217 are all marked deleted in this[1].

Quoting:
211-221.DELETED

Am I looking at the correct place? Can you kindly guide me to some link pointing to the correct documentation and paragraphs?

[1] https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ess-people

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Search for the "Tier 4 Policy Guidance".

nickmq
Newly Registered

Post by nickmq » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:41 am

sah10406 wrote:
nickmq wrote:The post above by miserysignals narrates an incident where the visa was rejected due to not providing a relieving letter?
That is second- or even third-hand information which has probably become garbled in the telling.

Such a letter has no relevance to eligibility for a Tier 4 visa, unless in this one individual's very specific situation it was somehow linked to their credibility as a genuine student. But unless OP can post an extract from the refusal letter showing that this letter was relevant, I would advise paying it no attention.

Ok then, my bad! Thank you.

Came across this link
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/d ... cklist.pdf
Although the preceding page clearly says "it is not a list of documents which you must provide but rather an indication of the types of documents that are commonly submitted" I can't help but wondering what documents will an individual who has resigned from his the previous month in another country show if he is applying from India. I am planning to show my Indian saving account with funds more than enough to cover the tuiton and living. Would it be okay if I show my father's salary certificate and bank statement as additional sponsorship?

miserysignals
Newly Registered

The 28 day rule on Tier 4 student Visa UK

Post by miserysignals » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:46 am

I am going to apply for the Tier 4 student Visa very soon.
I am trying to understand the 28 day rule as mentioned in Paragraph 214.
You must show that you have held the required money for a consecutive 28
day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more
than 31 days before your application.
So lets take an example. I am making my Visa application on 26th June. And my visa interview date is 10th July. Now I take the bank statement on 2nd July. Now I am not sure what is meant by the closing balance.

Now suppose the required balance is £10000. And my bank statement looks like this:

1st May deposit £1000 . Total balance as of 1st May = £12000
1st June deposit £1000. Total balance as of 1st June = £13000
1st July deposit £1000. Total balance as of 1st July = £14000
Date of issue: 2nd July

Visa application date : 26th June
Visa interview date: 10th July

This is what it looks like on 2nd July. So what is the closing balance as of that date. Is it the last balance on the statement or the last balance 28 days minus the date of issue ? And how does the 28 day rule plus the 31 days rule fit into this bank statement? Can someone show me the calculation. Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: The 28 day rule on Tier 4 student Visa UK

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:54 pm

miserysignals wrote:I am making my Visa application on 26th June. And my visa interview date is 10th July. Now I take the bank statement on 2nd July. Now I am not sure what is meant by the closing balance.
Closing balance will be treated as 26 June, so that will be day 28 of the 28 days. See the Tier 4 Modernised Guidance for entry clearance officers, page 110:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sed-system

If the balance drops between between 27 June and 2 July, it will be important to show that this is only because you have paid for your course fees and living costs. This rules is summarised in para 192 of the Tier 4 Policy Guidance:

192. The money you show us must be for your use for studying and living in the UK. The full amount of this money – which should be held in the manner specified in this guidance – must continue to be available to you after your application is made, except for any money you have to pay for course fees and living costs.

miserysignals
Newly Registered

UK Educatn Provider vs Overseas Higher Education Instituitn

Post by miserysignals » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:08 pm

I am filling out my Tier 4 Student Visa application. In the Visa application one of the question states:
Have any of your course fees been paid?
I have actually paid and so I selected Yes but there are 2 options with Yes:

1. Yes paid to UK Education Provider
2. Yes paid to overseas Higher Education Institution

I am applying from India. I am going for a masters degree in University of Nottingham.

Which option should I select?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:12 pm

by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Topics merged. Please keep all your questions on the same application in one thread. It is not necessary to start a new topic/thread for each question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

miserysignals
Newly Registered

Re: UK Educatn Provider vs Overseas Higher Education Institu

Post by miserysignals » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:22 am

miserysignals wrote:I am filling out my Tier 4 Student Visa application. In the Visa application one of the question states:

I am applying from India. I am going for a masters degree in University of Nottingham.

Which option should I select?
Bump!

Sir Murphy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sir Murphy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:10 am

Which option should I select?[/quote]

Hi,

Please read Tier 4 Policy guidance version 06/2017, page 44 paragraph 178

Option 1. If you paid directly to the University.
Option 2. If you paid through an agent

Good Luck.

miserysignals
Newly Registered

Post by miserysignals » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Thanks for the answer. I have one last question. I am from India and my funds covering the fees are in INR. So now I saw a clause that we should convert the money to GBP(using Oanda) and mention that amount as per the date of application. So should I write that converted amount myself or is it needed to be written by the bank officials?