ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british passport for a EEA child born in the uk- French/American

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dijasu
Newly Registered

british passport for a EEA child born in the uk- French/American

Post by dijasu » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:10 pm

Heya,

American here with a French husband that have been living continuously for over 5 years here. We're having a baby late this year. We are thinking of getting the baby a French (European) & American passport, so they kid has those rights. Concerning the British citizenship it's more of a matter if the UK, US & France allow 3 nationalities. Any thoughts? If it is down to the child just having 2 nationalities, I assume I would have to apply that the child has permanent residency here?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: british passport for a EEA child born in the uk

Post by makky86 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:20 pm

dijasu wrote:Heya,

American here with a French husband that have been living continuously for over 5 years here. We're having a baby late this year. We are thinking of getting the baby a French (European) & American passport, so they kid has those rights. Concerning the British citizenship it's more of a matter if the UK, US & France allow 3 nationalities. Any thoughts? If it is down to the child just having 2 nationalities, I assume I would have to apply that the child has permanent residency here?
As far as I know US don't allow more than 2 nationalities.

You can either have French and US or British and US or British and US.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

JAJ
Australia

Re: british passport for a EEA child born in the uk

Post by JAJ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:02 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
As far as I know US don't allow more than 2 nationalities.

You can either have French and US or British and US or British and US.

This is incorrect. There is absolutely no problem holding U.S. citizenship along with both British and French citizenship. General discussion on US/other dual/multiple citizenship:
https://www.richw.org/dualcit/

State Department resources: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... icies.html
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.