ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Held at airport due to previous refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dialectic

Held at airport due to previous refusal

Post by dialectic » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:38 am

Hi experts!

I came back from holiday recently and while entering the UK the immigration officer was looking at my passports and BRP. He looked in the system and found that I had a refusal a couple of years ago. He said that he needed to do further examinations according to the system and took me to a cubicle to wait.

He filled a paper form and handled it to me. The paper mentioned Paragraph 16 1(a) of the immigration law/rules. said that my leave was suspended until he was done with the examination and apparently it was being determined whether to cancel my current leave, which made that waiting time at the cubicle very stressful to say the least. I couldn't think of any reason why I was being held there.

The officer returned and gave me my documents back before allowing me to enter and said again that he had to check because of the previous refusal. Passport had the normal entry stamps and nothing else and I was free to go.

I want to know whether others have had the same experience and determine whether this is a routine thing that happens only once, or do people get this every time they travel if they've had previous refusals on their record. I haven't travelled in while until now and was planning to do so a bit more often but after this experience I am feeling wary of doing it.

Thanks for your insights

salinaakther
Newly Registered

Re: Held at airport due to previous refusal

Post by salinaakther » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:31 am

I hand the same problem I showed my Brp card and passport when I came back from my back home country they checked the system then asked questions to my husband when back to check the system everything was fine.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 pm

salinaakther wrote:I hand the same problem I showed my Brp card and passport when I came back from my back home country they checked the system then asked questions to my husband when back to check the system everything was fine.
Ok. So. Was it because of a previous refusal? and if so, did it happen numerous times or just once?

salinaakther
Newly Registered

Post by salinaakther » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:44 pm

We went out of the country only once so not know if this happens to people who travel a lot.

The immigration officer had to check the system because my husband not knowing the full story of my history so the officer went and checked.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Anyone else that's gone through something similar?

I want to know whether is a one time thing (?)

Thanks!