ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Member Requesting PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

straw10
Newly Registered

EEA Family Member Requesting PR

Post by straw10 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello Forum member,
I need some advice and I hope someone here can help.
I have put in my application for PR as a family member of EEA National and I can see that £65 went out of my account on 07/06/17 3 days after I posted my application. So I am waiting for the Biometric email or letter.

My concern is that I have EEA residence permit valid till September but my contract with my employer is till December 2017, given that the PR process takes up to 6 months, should I be worried about losing my job if by September my PR is not issued?

We are also planning to attend a wedding in Germany around the end of July, can I request my passport back now regardless of whether I have received or done the biometrics?
Any input will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: EEA Family Member Requesting PR

Post by Wise » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:13 pm

There is no point in requesting it back now as they will send you the bio metric paperwork possibly in the next 8-10 weeks depending on the workload.

After that you should receive the COA and that should be sufficient for your contract till end.

Good Luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

straw10
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Member Requesting PR

Post by straw10 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:42 am

Thank you wise, much appreciated.
I have had requested our passports back to see if we can still make our friends wedding in Germany later in the month, hopefully we will they will be returned and if not we will cancel.

Regards,
Tee