ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chinho2k

Re: Check the status of your application online - New servic

Post by Chinho2k » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:20 pm

graphium wrote:Hi All,
I have just noticed my application status change from awaiting (updated on 25/05/2017) to decided
- application status updated on 25 June 2017. It must have changed in the last hour.
It would be more helpful if you contributed to either the general timeline thread or the appropriate monthly timeline thread.

graphium
Newly Registered

Post by graphium » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:52 pm

OK, I have just done that - thread: March 2017 british-citizenship/march-2017-naturali ... l#p1501263
(Date of application: 14/03/2017)

rafabeton

Post by rafabeton » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Getting closer to 18/3! :)

asohail80

Post by asohail80 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Applied on 17/03 (which was a Friday). Simple application of 5 years Tier 2 General + 1 year ILR. Online status still on awaiting a decision since 25/05 like most of you.

Curious to know why HO is suddenly having delays for us March applicants. Any one have any clues?

Pavan82
Newly Registered

Post by Pavan82 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:21 pm

[quote="asohail80"]Applied on 17/03 (which was a Friday

My one is same like you .. Applied on 17th march but still shows as " Awaiting a decision " since 25/05.. :cry:

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:37 pm

asohail80 wrote:Curious to know why HO is suddenly having delays for us March applicants. Any one have any clues?
My guess is that there were a lot of them. There was a fee rise in April, so lots of people who might have waited a bit applied in March to avoid it. The March thread goes all the way to page 4 before the dates on the posts are from April. Compare that to the February thread, where the posts from March start on page 2. While plenty of people apply without ever coming to these boards, I would bet that the number of people posting in timeline threads is correlated with how many applications the Home Office has received that month.

There seem to be a lot of people who applied in March, April, and May, and fewer who are applying in June. I suppose summer holidays will have something to do with that—people who are going away for some part of the summer will wait under they're back to submit their applications. I suspect the wait times will decrease once the May applications have been processed.

Furthermore, UKVI hired/are hiring more civil servants for their Liverpool office, who are due to start work in July. I don't know if that will ultimately make a difference to wait times, since people will need to be trained and someone who's new to the job will almost certainly be slower than someone who's been doing it for a while. Still, more bodies will help move all processes along and it sounds like they're hiring specifically to deal with the number of applications from EU citizens.

asohail80

Post by asohail80 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Makes sense Tea_Rocket, I guess we just have to wait. Any idea on when mid-March decisions are likely to be made?

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:06 pm

No idea, I'm afraid. The timeline threads are your best bet for guessing, but even then, there will be some variance in how long each application takes from biometrics to receiving a decision.

I agree that the wait is frustrating and share your despair at watching processing times get longer. I'm supposed to travel back to the US for a friend's wedding at the start of October and was hoping I'd have my UK passport by then (I'll have to apply for it after doing my citizenship ceremony because the NCS service I used didn't have JCAP), but if the wait times get any longer, I'll be cutting it really fine.

asohail80

Post by asohail80 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:18 pm

Mate tell me about it - My father is in the hospital with a medical emergency (thankfully not critical anymore). Just want to get this process done with so that I can go back home and help my mom for a couple of months in his recovery.

mian1

Post by mian1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:45 pm

hi
we had two applications
one was made on 15 March 2017
2nd was made on 22 March 2017
both had the same online status

Awaiting a decision
Application status updated on 25 May 2017.

I think Last year in 2016 Fee was increased on 18 March 2016 and increase was huge in 2016.
All Applicant were expecting similar in March 2017 but luckily in 2017 Fee was increased on 6 April 2017 and Naturalisation Application fee was not increased Like Tier 1 General and ILR SET O Fee.

Naturalisation [note 4] Old Fee £1,236 New Fee £1,282 Increment £46

While in 2016
Naturalisation [note 4] Old Fee £1,005 New Fee £1,236 Increment £231

So More Applicant Applied in the March but when the new fee for Naturalisation was revealed by UKVI their was a slow down because increase was sensible compare to Tier 1 General and ILR SET O

so i am expecting high number of Applications in March and the waiting time to increase more at this point till 6 April 2017 after this it will come down sharply.
its all my thinking lets see how it goes

2nd thing was 2 weeks of Easter slow down effect as well reflected on the applications

but no one knows exactly whats going on just a guess work

Thanks

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:08 pm

asohail80 wrote:Applied on 17/03 (which was a Friday). Simple application of 5 years Tier 2 General + 1 year ILR. Online status still on awaiting a decision since 25/05 like most of you.

Curious to know why HO is suddenly having delays for us March applicants. Any one have any clues?
Can you please post your full timeline in the March thread?

asohail80

Post by asohail80 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:12 pm

True - an increase in applications plus the 2 weeks of Easter appear to be plausible reasons.

I guess I was just concerned because as per the March thread certain applications have received approvals within the 3 month timeframe, but I guess as Tea_Rocket mentions there is an expected variance as well.

Hopefully all of us mid-March applicants received their decisions by next week.

Cheers,
A

patrol798
Newly Registered

Post by patrol798 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:32 pm

@Tea_Rocket: how much does HO charge for a naturalisation now? Did it rise by £50 in April?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:39 pm

patrol798 wrote:@Tea_Rocket: how much does HO charge for a naturalisation now? Did it rise by £50 in April?

Thanks
£1287
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

h200123

Post by h200123 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Just want to put my details so that others can get an idea.

Date applied: 10th March

Online status Decision: 20th June

Shown online status on: 23rd June

Approval Letter date: 21 June

Approval Letter received today: 29/06

On the approval letter they mentioned that you dont need to contact local council, Local council will send the ceremony invite with in 2 weeks of the approval date.

Thanks

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:22 pm

h200123 wrote:Just want to put my details so that others can get an idea.

On the approval letter they mentioned that you dont need to contact local council, Local council will send the ceremony invite with in 2 weeks of the approval date.

Thanks
So it's equally likely that some applicants will recieve an approval letter before the online status is updated especially because the system is still in the beta phase!!

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:24 pm

Chinho2k wrote:
h200123 wrote:Just want to put my details so that others can get an idea.

Thanks
So it's equally likely that some applicants will receive an approval letter before the online status is updated especially because the system is still in the beta phase!!

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 am

Seems like things have come to a grinding halt in March. I would appreciate if a couple of applicants on the thread were delayed due to complex cases but it seems like most applicants are still awaiting a response.

I understand that ilr and citizenship are governed by different laws but practically speaking isnt the assessment process more or less the same? ilr is decided on the same day and within an hour of reaching the caseworker (as per my own experience at croydon). Then not sure why naturalisation applications take so much longer.

asohail80

Post by asohail80 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:03 am

This grinding halt is pretty annoying. Was hoping for everything to be decided at least by end of June. Looks pretty far fetched now!

arif254
Newly Registered

Post by arif254 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:50 am

Online Status still stuck on updated 25 may but toaday on 30/06 I received my Ceremony attanding letter from council before home office approval letter

asohail80

Post by asohail80 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:14 pm

That seems bizarre - but happy for you

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:05 pm

asohail80 wrote:That seems bizarre - but happy for you
Hardly bizarre, the online service is still in beta phase so chances are there will be a fair few who will receive approval letters before the online status is updated, frankly I wouldn't use the online service as a measure of anything at the moment.

asohail80

Post by asohail80 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Bizarre that he/ she received an invitation letter from the council before receiving an approval letter from the HO.

Re. Online website agree with your comment on it being a trial version...

patrol798
Newly Registered

Post by patrol798 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:56 pm

I am going abroad for 20 days in July to visit family - what happens if I in meantime, HO will make a decision and/or I will get an invitation letter to attend the ceremony?

Please advise, thank you

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:14 pm

asohail80 wrote:Bizarre that he/ she received an invitation letter from the council before receiving an approval letter from the HO.
That happens quite often too, there have been some people who never even received the HO letter, just council invitation.