ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dijasu
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Post by dijasu » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Hey everyone,

Been following this regularly since I too am incredibly stressed about the processing time for just my COA right to work right now. My start date to my wonderful new job is delayed until I get it, even though my 5 year residence permit doesn't expire until mid August. Here's my timeline currently.

Online application submission through my eea citizen husband: 25/05
Payment taken: 25/05
Sent documents through European service: 26/05
HO confirmation & Case number received: 26/05
Biometric letter: ????
Bio appointment: ????
COA right to work: ????

Anybody else applied around the same time have any luck? I know it's a waiting game, but a bit hard to be patient when so much is on the line.

Amo2012
United Kingdom

Post by Amo2012 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi,
is there anyone who applied for PR in the last few months under Surrinder Singh route?
Please share your timeline and experience with HO...

Thanks

myganet
Newly Registered

Post by myganet » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:00 pm

dijasu wrote:Hey everyone,

Been following this regularly since I too am incredibly stressed about the processing time for just my COA right to work right now. My start date to my wonderful new job is delayed until I get it, even though my 5 year residence permit doesn't expire until mid August. Here's my timeline currently.

Anybody else applied around the same time have any luck? I know it's a waiting game, but a bit hard to be patient when so much is on the line.
Definitely email EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and ask for COA but they are replying slowly.I don't think you can get COA within a month from now but immigration lawyers can write a letter to your employee that you have right to work. You can even claim money from HO that because of them you can't work but you need to contact lawyer regarding this.

dijasu
Newly Registered

Post by dijasu » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:13 pm

myganet wrote:
dijasu wrote:Hey everyone,

Definitely email EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and ask for COA but they are replying slowly.I don't think you can get COA within a month from now but immigration lawyers can write a letter to your employee that you have right to work. You can even claim money from HO that because of them you can't work but you need to contact lawyer regarding this.
Thanks for that! I emailed them after I posted this. Considering my 5 year is still valid, I'm still pushing the company to just let me start considering it's a contractor to permie transition. Shouldn't my new employer also just be able to contact HO to confirm I have the right to work?

verty
Newly Registered

Post by verty » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:51 pm

Hey Ya,

Im new to this forum and am going to apply for Permanent Residence hopefully at the end of this month.

I am applying as a EEA National exercising 6 years as a worker. I read the EEA(PR): guidance notes document which can be found here about supporting documentation I need to apply for PR.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... tes-v3.pdf

According to this document, as a EEA worker all I need to supply is
5 consecutive P60s - No additional evidence of residence required

Can someone please confirm this is the case?

Ive heard of so many EU nationals having to supply a lot more than just 5 consecutive P60s. Infact several people who applied for PR who I worked with had to supply a document for every month of the 5 years proving they were working in the UK. I am not sure if they have recently changed the rules that only 5 consecutive P60s need to be supplied for worker status. If someone could let me know that would be great.

verty
Newly Registered

Post by verty » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:56 pm

also as a worker, what would happen in this case.

In 2013, I left my job on my own accord in August 2013, and I was looking for a job and started a new one in October 2013 and have been there since (i was basically out of employment 2 and a half months). I was not a job seeker, did not receive any money off the government while looking for employment. Are you allowed to have any gaps in employment like that to apply for worker status for five years Permanent Residence? Ive been here for 6 years working, with only that gap in employment from August 2012 till October 2013. I plan to submit all my P60 forms, but I am concerned this gap in employment may not make me eligible for Permanent Residence. Could someone let me know?

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:09 pm

verty wrote:also as a worker, what would happen in this case.

In 2013, I left my job on my own accord in August 2013, and I was looking for a job and started a new one in October 2013 and have been there since (i was basically out of employment 2 and a half months). I was not a job seeker, did not receive any money off the government while looking for employment. Are you allowed to have any gaps in employment like that to apply for worker status for five years Permanent Residence? Ive been here for 6 years working, with only that gap in employment from August 2012 till October 2013. I plan to submit all my P60 forms, but I am concerned this gap in employment may not make me eligible for Permanent Residence. Could someone let me know?
First, note that it takes approximately 6 months to get the PR cert.
Within a year you will again have to apply for settled status.
There is a gap of 14 months which means there is a big break in employment. Your clock starts from October 13. I have not heard of anyone being granted PR with a one year gap. You could try risking it and apply but by reading a lot of these post it appears that since the break is long you would not be eligible. I am NOT a professional so dont depend on my opinion. It will cost only £ 65 plus postage so it may be worthwhile risking it. It has been announced that the form will be simpler (not 85 pages) and perhaps less stringent. Its your decision, however dont be overly optimistic. Till now HO has been playing hardball.

ajitk1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by ajitk1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:13 pm

verty wrote:Hey Ya,

Im new to this forum and am going to apply for Permanent Residence hopefully at the end of this month.

I am applying as a EEA National exercising 6 years as a worker. I read the EEA(PR): guidance notes document which can be found here about supporting documentation I need to apply for PR.

Ive heard of so many EU nationals having to supply a lot more than just 5 consecutive P60s. Infact several people who applied for PR who I worked with had to supply a document for every month of the 5 years proving they were working in the UK. I am not sure if they have recently changed the rules that only 5 consecutive P60s need to be supplied for worker status. If someone could let me know that would be great.
#

Along with 5 years P60 you should also send one bank statement for each year, or council tax bill. It does recommend 2 documents per year showing residence in UK.
In your other email u say that u were unemployed 2and half months though u give 14 months date. If the break is only 2 and half months, it is more likely you will be approved.

verty
Newly Registered

Post by verty » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:25 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
verty wrote:Hey Ya,

#

Along with 5 years P60 you should also send one bank statement for each year, or council tax bill. It does recommend 2 documents per year showing residence in UK.
In your other email u say that u were unemployed 2and half months though u give 14 months date. If the break is only 2 and half months, it is more likely you will be approved.

Yes sorry it was a typo on my behalf, I was only unemployed for 2 and a half months. Not 13 months!
Would two and a half months cause issues out of the 6 years I've been here?

verty
Newly Registered

Post by verty » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:27 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
verty wrote:also as a worker, what would happen in this case.

First, note that it takes approximately 6 months to get the PR cert.
Within a year you will again have to apply for settled status.
There is a gap of 14 months which means there is a big break in employment. Your clock starts from October 13. I have not heard of anyone being granted PR with a one year gap. You could try risking it and apply but by reading a lot of these post it appears that since the break is long you would not be eligible. I am NOT a professional so dont depend on my opinion. It will cost only £ 65 plus postage so it may be worthwhile risking it. It has been announced that the form will be simpler (not 85 pages) and perhaps less stringent. Its your decision, however dont be overly optimistic. Till now HO has been playing hardball.
Hey ya, sorry it's a mistake on my behalf. It was only 2 and a half months I was unemployed for while looking for work.

arunarchery

Post by arunarchery » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:01 am

Hi I am non EEA national. My wife is EU national she got PR RESIDENT ONLY 2 month and I am still waiting.

Application applied--6/03/2017
Payment taken. -08/03/2017
Email received -12/04/2017
Confirmation letter received--21/04/2017
Biomimetic received---26/05/2017
And still waiting now

arunarchery

Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Post by arunarchery » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:00 am

Hi I am non EEA national. Me and my wife applied together. My wife got PR RESIDENT ONLY 2 month and I am still waiting. I applied by post.

Application applied--6/03/2017
Payment taken. -08/03/2017
Email received -12/04/2017
Confirmation letter received--21/04/2017
Biomimetic received---26/05/2017
Work permission letter --05/06/2017
And still waiting now

Dijean
Newly Registered

Post by Dijean » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi guys,
I've just applied for my EEA PR about 3 weeks ago as a Non-EEA national married to an EEA national (Irish) exercising her treaty's right. Four days later, they sent back our passports excluding the supporting documents, stating they only need the photocopies. No biometric letter yet. Has anyone experience this situation before? and is it a good thing or bad? Cos I'm very nervous as they sent the passports back very quickly. Even my solicitor said he has never experience it before but he seems to think it's a good thing. What do you guys think? Thanks.
This is my timeline:
Application sent 01/06/17
HO received - 02/06/17
Passports sent back - 06/06/17
Biometric letter - waiting
COA - waiting
PR - waiting

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Dijean wrote:Hi guys,
I've just applied for my EEA PR about 3 weeks ago as a Non-EEA national married to an EEA national (Irish) exercising her treaty's right. Four days later, they sent back our passports excluding the supporting documents, stating they only need the photocopies. No biometric letter yet. Has anyone experience this situation before? and is it a good thing or bad? Cos I'm very nervous as they sent the passports back very quickly. Even my solicitor said he has never experience it before but he seems to think it's a good thing. What do you guys think? Thanks.
This is my timeline:
HO received - 02/06/17
COA - waiting
PR - waiting
To satisfy your curiosity, from June 1, on receipt of an EEA App HO check the validity, take copies and send back passports for your identity purposes before the actually process is started.

I think this is a good process as it saves you from the cumbersome process of requesting your passport and you still have access to you passports to do other in-country activities as well travel if you have a valid vignette in your returned passport. This will not affect your application in anyway or form.

Hope this helps
Article 50 triggered: What happens next? What Brexit means for EEA nationals.

JMMM
Newly Registered

Post by JMMM » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Thank you for that piece of information. But I think that only works for uk citizens (returning their passports) because I applied on June 7th. ( non-EU Spouse of a Italian QP) and haven't even received an email with ID CASE, not let alone at least his passport. I've Reading this forum and it's seems that after march it's taking 2 months after you apply that you get your if case and letters and so on..

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi guys,

new here. Italian citizen and applied for EEA (PR) online because I wish to pursue British citizenship and it's a prerequisite (although I've lived here for almost a quarter of a century and married to a British lady for almost that long!):

Application sent - 24/04/2017
Application received - 25/04/2017
Payment taken - 26/04/2017

Have received the Case ID via email after applying online, received confirmation email for the payment made. Have it confirmed by Royal Mail Special Delivery that all my stuff was received on 25/04 (signed for)

When I look at the online application status check link I try putting in the Case ID, payment ref or Royal Mail SD code and always comes back with "Reference number not recognised". I know others are experiencing this after reading a few posts.

Can you explain if they update this tool once in a while? I saw that people applying a couple of weeks before me have just now received the PRC and docs back. Thanks!

Goreny
Newly Registered

Post by Goreny » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:55 pm

baccus99 wrote:Hi guys,

new here. Italian citizen and applied for EEA (PR) online because I wish to pursue British citizenship and it's a prerequisite (although I've lived here for almost a quarter of a century and married to a British lady for almost that long!):

Have received the Case ID via email after applying online, received confirmation email for the payment made. Have it confirmed by Royal Mail Special Delivery that all my stuff was received on 25/04 (signed for)

When I look at the online application status check link I try putting in the Case ID, payment ref or Royal Mail SD code and always comes back with "Reference number not recognised". I know others are experiencing this after reading a few posts.

Can you explain if they update this tool once in a while? I saw that people applying a couple of weeks before me have just now received the PRC and docs back. Thanks!
Applied on the 15th of May (slightly after you) and getting the same error for every number I enter:)

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:57 pm

Goreny wrote:
baccus99 wrote:Hi guys,

Applied on the 15th of May (slightly after you) and getting the same error for every number I enter:)
Thanks Goreny, I would expect that you and I both are in the next batch! :) cheers for the quick reply

vilsonrjunior
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by vilsonrjunior » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Try using your Unique Reference Number (which can be found on the documents checklist).

In any case, they don't seem to be updating the system often. As per my timeline above, I sent my application 12th of April, received the bio and CoA (I'm non-EU) and when I check the status of the application it says Awaiting Decision and that it was last updated on the 11th of April, which is actually before 2 days the documents arrived in Liverpool!

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:47 pm

vilsonrjunior wrote:Try using your Unique Reference Number (which can be found on the documents checklist).

In any case, they don't seem to be updating the system often. As per my timeline above, I sent my application 12th of April, received the bio and CoA (I'm non-EU) and when I check the status of the application it says Awaiting Decision and that it was last updated on the 11th of April, which is actually before 2 days the documents arrived in Liverpool!
thanks - will have a look at the checklist over the weekend and have a go.

arunarchery

Post by arunarchery » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:14 pm

vilsonrjunior wrote:Try using your Unique Reference Number (which can be found on the documents checklist).

Which website you check online can u send me as well plz

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Nimitta wrote:Hello everyone. I could really use some help on this one. nonEEA PR application decided on 05/06/2017, PR received on 22/06/2017. The decision letter - not received. Passport and other documents - no received. I am glad I got my PR card, but still loosing my passport and a pack of quite sensitive documents is not something I am looking forward to. :( To get a new passport I have to go back to my country, go through a long and tedious bureaucratic process and if at all possible I would like to avoid it. What's weird I received neither papers OR the decision letter. I moved but all my mail is redirected to my new address including one requiring signature.
I think some might it useful. I finally figured out where my passport is. The problem is Royal Mail redirection does NOT work for mail sent by government such as HO, HMRC, DVLA, police etc. Everything goes straight to the old address! I am a bit disappointed because they forgot to mention it on the redirection order page. :( And the only reason I ordered redirection is to make sure I do not loose this particular parcel in the first place.

So what happened is my passport and other papers were sent to the old address, my former landlord forgot to tell me about it and after 18 days the parcel was sent back to the HO :( I am trying to rearrange the delivery now.
Mean what you say, say what you mean

Amo2012
United Kingdom

Post by Amo2012 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:53 pm

arunarchery wrote:

Which website you check online can u send me as well plz

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Amo2012
United Kingdom

Post by Amo2012 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Dijean wrote:Hi guys,
This is my timeline:
HO received - 02/06/17
COA - waiting
PR - waiting
Hi Dijean,
almost same experience with me so far but i applied for EEA PR under surrinder singh route, i am non EEA and my partner is British Citizen. HO returned our valid passports only, old passports are still with them.
I like to travel in July/August but unfortunately RC vignette is on a separate paper and that is still with HO. I am thinking to request them to return RC for travel purposes but i am not sure to request them that quick as biometrics haven't been done yet....

Thanks,

Amo2012
United Kingdom

Post by Amo2012 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi,
is there any British citizen whose non EEA partner applied for EEA PR, please share your timeline and experience.

Thanks