ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 Granted at Airport! (plus EEA2 question)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

honglefresh
Newly Registered

EEA1 Granted at Airport! (plus EEA2 question)

Post by honglefresh » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi All,

Just wanted you to know that my wife (non-EU — I am UK citizen) got an EEA stamp at the airport (I think this is called an A1 stamp?) just by asking for it. After months of grief trying to get the EEA through the Home Office we gave up (we cancelled her application because she needed her passport), came to the UK anyway, planning on a tourist visa, asked for EEA… and got it! Amazing. Apparently this is possible. The customs officer first said no, impossible. I mentioned Surinder Singh and mumbled something about treaty rights. The officer asked if I was living in an EU country, which I am (and have proof), his manager turned up and asked to see my wife’s EU resident card (which, as far as I understand, is the only thing they don’t need to see!), and bingo. EEA stamp. That’s it, right? FP heaven.

Anyway, can someone help with EEA2? What do we need to show now? What do I need to prove? Do I need to prove UK residency? Do I still need to be resident in the EU country I have my ‘circle of life’? Do I need to prove employment in the UK? Any help gratefully received.