ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 General Dependent Partner

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nandafeb28
Newly Registered

Tier 4 General Dependent Partner

Post by nandafeb28 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi All,

I recently applied for a Tier 4 General Dependent partner entry clearance to join my wife on 29th June 2017 She is pursuing her MSc Electronics; her course end on September 2017 and moreover her visa is valid till 30th Jan 2018.

Calculating her course and her visa duration from the date of application (29th June) , i did show a financial evidence of £680 per month (students studying outside London) for totally 7 months which is £4760 maintained for 28 days and the period end within the 31 days immediately prior to my application is made.

I got a refusal of entry clearance with a decision considering the application under paragraph 319C(g) of immigration rules that I haven't held funds of £6120 (£680*9 months).

Question:

Since my wife's course and visa duration is only for 7 months, do i still need to held fund for 9 months else shall i apply for an administrative review ? Can any one help me with this please ?

As per the paragraph 319C(g) & APPENDIX E ;

319C(g) -
(g) Unless the Relevant Points Based System Migrant is a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant or a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant, there must be a sufficient level of funds available to the applicant, as set out in Appendix E.

APPENDIX E:
(2) if the Tier 4 (General) Student is not studying in London (as defined in paragraph 12 of Appendix C), there must be £680 in funds for each month for which the applicant would, if successful, be granted leave under paragraph 319D(a), up to a maximum of nine months,
and in each case
(3) the applicant must confirm that the funds referred to in (1) or (2) above are:
(i) available in the manner specified in paragraph (f) below for use in living costs in the UK; and
(ii) that the funds will remain available in the manner specified in paragraph (f) below unless used to pay for living costs.

Many Thanks

Sir Murphy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 General Dependent Partner

Post by Sir Murphy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi,
You need to provide maintenance fund for 9 months, held in your account or Tier 4 main application account for 28 days (£680 X 9 = £6,120). It will save you time to re-apply after fulfilling this condition.

nandafeb28
Newly Registered

Post by nandafeb28 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:51 pm

Sir Murphy wrote:Hi,
You need to provide maintenance fund for 9 months, held in your account or Tier 4 main application account for 28 days (£680 X 9 = £6,120). It will save you time to re-apply after fulfilling this condition.
Thanks for the reply. But my wife visa is valid only for 7 months, do i still need to show fund for 9 months ?

Sir Murphy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sir Murphy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:32 pm

You only need to make the money available, forget about the duration of your wife visa as the funds in question belong to you.Good luck.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:02 pm

nandafeb28 wrote:Since my wife's course and visa duration is only for 7 months, do i still need to held fund for 9 months
No.
nandafeb28 wrote: else shall i apply for an administrative review ?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

nandafeb28
Newly Registered

Post by nandafeb28 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:32 pm

sah10406 wrote:
nandafeb28 wrote:Since my wife's course and visa duration is only for 7 months, do i still need to held fund for 9 months
No.
nandafeb28 wrote: else shall i apply for an administrative review ?
Yes.

Thanks for the reply :)

nandafeb28
Newly Registered

Post by nandafeb28 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Sir Murphy wrote:You only need to make the money available, forget about the duration of your wife visa as the funds in question belong to you.Good luck.
Thank you