ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Whatever

post EC issues...

Post by Whatever » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:54 pm

Salmanghani:
its VAF2 for you, your wife n ur daghter with PKR 26000/- with each application...do chk the guidence too...u will sign on your daghters form at the end...
hxxp://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/VAF2-10Dec07,0.pdf (replace x with t)

also chk out earlier post for list of docs...
hxxp://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=100 (replace x with t)

the approx time these days seems to be 1-1.5 months...my advice is do get your degree attested by HEC b4 submitting...it might reduce the processing time...n submit evidence of all relevant info...e.g., if you are submitting payslip as proof of salary...also submit bank statements & income tax returns...these act as additonal evidence as proof of your salary...n makes the case strong...this is also mentioned in the HSMP guidence....

international driving licence is valid for 12 months...

i went to protector office in khi n showed them a copy of my visa n asked them if protector stamp is required...they said it is required on HSMP visa...didnt trust them so i went to 2 different travel agents & both of them said thats its required n that u shud get it...because FIA guys at the airport have the authority to send you back n not give permission to board & also stamp a 'cancelled' stamp on your passport...which means that whenever u travel with that passport..immigration staff at airports will see that 'cancelled' stamp n ask u why u were sent back from the airport...so it would be stain on the passport...so therefore i decided to go for the protector stamp...n got it...just 2 b on the safe side...although a lot of people have claimed to have left without protector stamp...(protector stamp is a way for the government to register & regulate pakistanis going abroad to work)

getting the protector seems to be more difficult than the EC itself...its usually a 2 day process...1st day u have to go to NADRA to get a NICOP (NIC Overseas Pakistani)...the process is the same...get token..costs 950/-...get photograph taken...fingerprints...data entry...(make sure the spelling of your name & your parents, your spouse is the same as that on your passport)...NICOP is given after about 26 days...but no worries...take the original token/receipt to the protector office n they will accept it...

take the original NICOP recept from NADRA, workpermits-homeoffice letter, passport, NIC, NIC copy of spouse (or nominee for insurance policy)...to the protector office (9AM-12:30PM)...get challan from counter...make 3 copies...now take the challan for insurance policy from state life counter to be deposited at UBL...

Go to NBP, deposit 2500/-, Go to UBL deposit 650/- for insurance policy, go to HBL to deposit 1050/- for welfare fund...go back to protector office, take the form n fill it, submit insurance policy form n submit on state life counter... n get insurance policy...[make copies of everything]

now submit these deposit slips along with orignial NIC, NICOP token/receipt, passport, homeoffice letter, filled out form & insurance policy on the counter...u will be asked to attend a 1 hr session/breifing on going abraod, telling u abt protector, abt countries, pakistani embassies abroad...etc...

TOTAL COST FOR PROTECTOR = PKR 5100/-

come n collect passport/documents after 2:30 pm same day...

all the best...!!!

inlondon2005

PROTECTOR Stamp for UK student visa holder getting EC HSMP

Post by inlondon2005 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:42 am

Hello Whatever,

Q/- Its necessary to endose PROTECTOR Stamp for UK student visa holder who is Living in UK for 2+years and had valid Student visa but came back pakisan to get EC HSMP from Islamabad?

Q/- Its ok to submit Pakistani Master and Beachlors Degree with NARIC Certificate and without HEC attestation?

waiting for your answers...

farah

Post by farah » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:38 am

Protector stamp is not required at all by HSMP participant and it is sheer wastage of time and resource.
HEC attestation is not required but this may speed up EC.

nabsha

About NTN Number!!!

Post by nabsha » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:02 am

Hi,
ok as per Jami's advice, I have asked for my tax returns from my company and they'll prepare it within 4-5 days inshALLAH. Additionally I have also asked my previous employer to give me tax return certificate. But one thing that worries me is that,
should I go for filing my individual NTN number or the tax return certificate will suffice the needs for HSMP1?

Any suggestion about the format in which the documents are sent to homeoffice? I mean the documentation format, like file with splitters or transparent document holders.

The document list that I am preparing to send with initial application is as follows,
- Age Points[20 Points]
-- Full Driving License issued on 27 Feb. 08 (Isb, Pak)
- Qualification [35 Points]
-- UK MSc Degree in 2004
-- Transcript of MSc
- Previous Earnings [20 Points]
-- Salary slips from Mar-07, Feb-08
-- ITR Certificate from Feb-07, Feb-08(ITR From Current Employer Only)
- UK Experience [5 Points]
-- MSc Degree award letter
-- Student Visa on my Passport OR original letter from HO conferring leave to enter(What is this document???)
- English Language
-- Original IELTS Test result

I also have the following documents but I think they are not required,
- Bank Statement of last year
- Original Birth certificate from Pakistani Embassy in Libya (With slight over writing)
- Translation of Arabic Birth Certificate

Do you guys see any other document I should provide with my application? If all goes well, I will apply by the second week of March inshALLAH.

This protector thing seems painfully awkward.

Apart from that, the Tier 1 Application form is quite scary and I wish all applying under current rules, to get the HSMP before Tier 1 is applied for Pakistan.

Regards

mrrajawasim

Post by mrrajawasim » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi guys....
can anyone tell me wots d procedure to get a TB Test from lahore???
ny contact info in this regard vl b helpful.
Regards,

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:07 pm

HI Wasim,
i told you the number ( 051-111-466-472 ) Call them and get appointment. they will ask you your passport number and full name and will schedule your Time with CARDIX hospital at jail road.
before going Cardix hospital you need to pay its fee at Standard Charterd BANK Tuifail Road Cantt Branch. with the Reciept of payment go to Cardix hospital for test.
Thats it what i know ... after TB test info will be update after 6th of march:)
Regards
Kash

stevehyd
Newly Registered

Post by stevehyd » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:33 am

hi
can anyone give me some info about hotel booking

i have checked sites like venere and booking.com for horel booking
in most cases they say they will not charge any reservation fee if the cancellation for that booking is made before 2 days of chec in time.

can anyone inform me is this right or they will charge in the end anyway by giving some excuse/law if cancellation is made??

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:46 am

Assalamu Alaikum guys,
This is a little off topic.

I'm a UK citizen, I've been informed i can get an Overseas Pakistani ID Card, is this correct even though I'm a UK citizen and was born and bred in the UK.

And instead of paying for a Visa everytime i go to Pakistan I use the ID Card?

Thanks in advance.

nabsha

I feel proud!!!

Post by nabsha » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:12 am

JohnBoy,
First of all let me tell you that after a long long time someone made me feel proud :D.

About your Q, like various other countries, you can claim citizenship of Pakistan by birth or by inheritance. So, If one of your parents is a born Pakistani than he must have your entry on his B-Form and I think that document suffice the need of NADRA(The guys who will give you overseas computerized national identity card). And using that Overseas CNIC you can enter and leave Pakistan without a visa.

Regards

majic

Post by majic » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Dear All,

I am planning to apply for EC and have a small query:

a) I have an Australian Bachelors Degree
b) I have a Pakistani Masters Degree

Do I need to get EQUIVALENCE from HEC for my Australian Degree? Please also note that I have UK NARIC Assessment Letter for both my Bachelors Degree and Masters Degree.

Thanks for your Help

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi Nabsha,

I am also thinking to apply in 2nd week of March. You didn't mention the stay details in UK e.g. either having hotel booking or invitation from some friend.

Dear John,

Being a UK citizen, can you please advice what is the cheap accomodation optoin in UK at any hostel or hotel on single or maximum twin sharing basis for 10-15 days.

Majic,

I think if you have Pak Degree, why you involve yourself in hassle for getting your Aus degree authentication from HEC as it will not make any difference in EC i believe.

Regards,.........Azfer

johnboy096

Re: I feel proud!!!

Post by johnboy096 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:43 pm

nabsha wrote:JohnBoy,
First of all let me tell you that after a long long time someone made me feel proud :D.

About your Q, like various other countries, you can claim citizenship of Pakistan by birth or by inheritance. So, If one of your parents is a born Pakistani than he must have your entry on his B-Form and I think that document suffice the need of NADRA(The guys who will give you overseas computerized national identity card). And using that Overseas CNIC you can enter and leave Pakistan without a visa.

Regards
Hi Nabsha,

Thanks for the answer.

My mum is Norwegian, but my dad was born in Pakistan but raised here from the age of 10.

Sorry for being ignorant but what is a B-Form?

Thanks again!

P.S - Good to hear you're feeling P-R-O-U-D!!! :D

nabsha

Post by nabsha » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:09 am

JohnBoy,
A B-form is a document that is owned by the head of a family(in Pakistan only father can be head of family) and all the dependant of that family are enlisted on it. We used to have it in old times when computerized system was not introduced.

Now with Computerized NIC inplace, It is much easier to claim citizenship.

Since your father is a born Pakistani and you are not, so you can claim citizenship by inheritance, which means you have to prove that your father is a Pakistani National, and that can be done by any legal document proving your father is a Pakistani, e.g. B-Form, NIC, Passport, Birth certificate of your father(I think it should work).

www.nadra.gov.pk, Here is the link to the site that can provide more details about your queries(and obviously most authentic ones)

Azfer,
Sorry, I know this thread goes by the title "EC Applicants", but I am applying for initial HSMP at the moment and not EC. I write in this thread only as it is easier for me to trace events. And secondly, all gurus writing in this thread have got their HSMP so I am following the foot steps.

Regards,
-Nabsha

hrsaeed
Newly Registered

Post by hrsaeed » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:03 am

Hi,

If i get a letter from a friend (who is in UK under HSMP) stating that i can live with him until i get a job/accomodation, would this go against me while applying for entry clearance; as this friend of mine is not yet a citizen.

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:17 pm

softlogic20 wrote:Thanks whatever for your explanations,
infact it open my eyes as well. my case is little different then Immad's freind. in my case, on all of my educational documents my father's name is with out addtional name ("khan") but on my ID card and on my passport it is with addtional name. i think it will be problem for me as well. i am gona apply for EC in April.
dont we have any approving athourthy that can authenticate this issue or any thing that BHC people dont go for long verification just by bcoz of this .
its strange that BHC people taking that long, i dont know what sort of verification checks need that much time now days. i hope INS all of you will get a good news soon...

Regards,
Hi softlogic

My case is pretty much same like you. My Father's last name is missing on my educational documents unlike my passport and id card which contain my Father's both first and last name. Would this be an issue while applying for EC ? Could you or some one from this forum please advise a way to solve this problem. thanks

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:18 pm

softlogic20 wrote:Thanks whatever for your explanations,
infact it open my eyes as well. my case is little different then Immad's freind. in my case, on all of my educational documents my father's name is with out addtional name ("khan") but on my ID card and on my passport it is with addtional name. i think it will be problem for me as well. i am gona apply for EC in April.
dont we have any approving athourthy that can authenticate this issue or any thing that BHC people dont go for long verification just by bcoz of this .
its strange that BHC people taking that long, i dont know what sort of verification checks need that much time now days. i hope INS all of you will get a good news soon...

Regards,
Hi softlogic

My case is pretty much same like you. My Father's last name is missing on my educational documents unlike my passport and id card which contain my Father's both first and last name. Would this be an issue while applying for EC ? Could you or some one from this forum please advise a way to solve this problem. thanks

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:22 am

Hello AANWAR,
i think it does not creat any problem especially if your Fathers CAST is missing on you educational docs and it is in place on your ID card and on Passport. like i mentioned in my previous post.
i am not sure about the case in which we dont have a last name at all in edu docs. if you tell me in little more detail, might be i will able to put some more light on it.
what about other fellows who are geting ready for EC ?:)
if any one applied recently ?

Regards,
Kash

mrrajawasim

Post by mrrajawasim » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi guys....
donwry kashif m preparing to apply for EC :lol:

nywz thr z little query about ma returnd docs frm HO.....wen i opened ma file thr z one doc missing n dat z ma ITR, suggest me wot shud i do?? shud i ask them to return it or shud i leave it as it z nt required for EC.

Regards
Wasim.

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:58 pm

Thanks Softlogic

In my case my fathers last name i.e family name is missing not the Cast.
For example its Muhammad Arshad Nadeem on my id card and password but on all educational documents from Matric to Masters its Muhammad Arshad. I don't if it will create any issues during the EC.

I like the advice of Whatever suggesting to get all documents verified from HEC as you provide your NIC number while getting them approved from HEC. But I don't know which document I can provide to Immigration officer to prove that the person on Educational Documents and ID Card & Passport is same.

Best regards

immaad

Post by immaad » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:55 pm

I dont think this will *not* be a problem :-) You should do some research regarding this and make an affidavit which cearly shows that there is a problem in your docs but they are original. The name of your father on your docs and IDs is actually the same.

My two cents ...
AANWAR wrote:Thanks Softlogic

In my case my fathers last name i.e family name is missing not the Cast.
For example its Muhammad Arshad Nadeem on my id card and password but on all educational documents from Matric to Masters its Muhammad Arshad. I don't if it will create any issues during the EC.

I like the advice of Whatever suggesting to get all documents verified from HEC as you provide your NIC number while getting them approved from HEC. But I don't know which document I can provide to Immigration officer to prove that the person on Educational Documents and ID Card & Passport is same.

Best regards

immaad

Post by immaad » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:59 pm

Guys, I got protector stamp done today, PM me if anyone wants any clue about it ...

peeru2
Newly Registered

Hi everyone

Post by peeru2 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi guys, I need help regarding EC, I already applied for EC under HSMP category on 11th Feb but still I receive no response it’s been a month. I called UK Consulate in Islamabad but no response and recording is change that I should contact to Gerry's regarding any inquiry. I called several times infect daily to Gerry’s on 8865 and the same words I hear every different date, "It’s still in process call us after 2, 3 days" I sent an email to Islamabad visqry.islamabad@fco.gov.uk, and I received reply with n automated email with bundle of instruction which have no concern with my case, they have mention to send email if I need more information to Visqry2@islamabad.fco.gov.uk, from where my email rebound that the address id false.... :(

Any help regarding this will be highly appriciated.
(P.S) no inquiry has been made till yet (Confrmed from bank and my employer)

peeru2
Newly Registered

Post by peeru2 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:56 pm

immaad wrote:Guys, I got protector stamp done today, PM me if anyone wants any clue about it ...
well is there anybody help me out here a lil bit please...Immad can u sugest me something over here? Im in stress a lot.

peeru2
Newly Registered

Post by peeru2 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:56 pm

immaad wrote:Guys, I got protector stamp done today, PM me if anyone wants any clue about it ...
well is there anybody help me out here a lil bit please...Immad can u sugest me something over here? Im in stress a lot.

peeru2
Newly Registered

Post by peeru2 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:57 pm