ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Benefits am I entitled to with ILR?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iubus2005
United Kingdom

What Benefits am I entitled to with ILR?

Post by iubus2005 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:00 pm

Dear All,
Thanks to you, and God, I got my ILR approved recently. I have a UK born daughter, who I want to now apply citizenship for. (My wife and 2 other kids are still on dependent visas for a few more months before they are eligible for ILR). Questions:
a) Can anyone point me to the right resources of learning about MN1 process, fees and timing (is there also anything like a premium service to get it faster?) for me to get my daughter registered as a citizen? Also, is Passport part of this process or has to be applied separately later?
b) What benefits can I claim now with ILR? (while the rest of the family is still PBS dependent)
c) What additional benefits will I be able to claim after my daughter's citizenship? Can I claim DVLA for my daughter's disability? It has been very hard to provide all the financial support over the last many years without DVLA and all the disability related benefits that a typical family receives in the UK.

I am just starting with learning about these topics. Appreciate your help.
Cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What Benefits am I entitled to with ILR?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Topic moved to the claiming benefits sub forum.
a) Can anyone point me to the right resources of learning about MN1 process, fees and timing (is there also anything like a premium service to get it faster?) for me to get my daughter registered as a citizen? Also, is Passport part of this process or has to be applied separately later?
Please ask your MN1 questions in the British citizenship sub forum.
b) What benefits can I claim now with ILR? (while the rest of the family is still PBS dependent)
Child benefit in YOUR name. Child tax credit in JOINT names with your spouse. All depends on your household income. Check on the link below. Put you are British to progress etc.

http://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou
c) What additional benefits will I be able to claim after my daughter's citizenship? Can I claim DVLA for my daughter's disability? It has been very hard to provide all the financial support over the last many years without DVLA and all the disability related benefits that a typical family receives in the UK.
DVLA is the Car/drivers licensing place. Suggest speak to Citizens Advice Bureau.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Re: What Benefits am I entitled to with ILR?

Post by iubus2005 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:52 am

Thanks CR001, as always!
Sorry, I misspoke. I meant the Disability Allowance (and other disability related benefits).
I am the only one who has ILR in the family. My daughter who has disability will qualify for citizenship as MN1 but may take a few months to complete that process. I don't want to claim any benefits that may impact my wife and other kids' ILR later in 2018.