ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

U.K. Spouse visa Applied in January 2017 and still waiting

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

U.K. Spouse visa Applied in January 2017 and still waiting

Post by MrClientServer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Hello Friends,
Good Evening! I am from USA and settled in UK 6 years back.

Hi Simon - That's really very informative. thank you very much.
Geet - May I know when you have applied?

I have applied settlement visa in first week of Jan 2017 and till now i have not heard anything apart from a mail received in April saying that my app is not straight forward. Really embarrassing. The only complexity in application is mine is second marriage. Does it mean HO will take such long? Or As Mr.Simon said becoz of huge backlog due to brexit effect?
Its really difficult to travel to States every 2 months with unpaid leaves.
How long UKVI can hold my wife's passport at Max ?
Will it make any difference if I aproach UKVI through my Solicitor ?

Regards
Jos

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Delay in issuing U.K. Spouse visa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:21 pm

MrClientServer wrote:Hello Friends,

I have applied settlement visa in first week of Jan 2017 and till now i have not heard anything apart from a mail received in April saying that my app is not straight forward. Really embarrassing. The only complexity in application is mine is second marriage. Does it mean HO will take such long? Or As Mr.Simon said becoz of huge backlog due to brexit effect?

Regards
Jos
If you have been residing in the UK for 6 years, which category have visa have you held during this time :?: Have you submitted your application in the UK or the USA? Where are you at present?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MrClientServer
Mood:
India

Post by MrClientServer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Casa wrote:

Regards
Jos
If you have been residing in the UK for 6 years, which category have visa have you held during this time :?: Have you submitted your application in the UK or the USA? Where are you at present?
Hello Casa - Initially was on tier1 and last sept got red passport. Sent application to UKVI sheffield from states. At present I am in Netherlands (business trip). Do you have any info on my query please ? Next week I'll be back to uk and planing to meet my solicitor. Just wondering what solicitor can make difference other than requesting UKVI or should I wait instead of paying to him? Any alternatives...

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Regards
Jos
Hi jos ,
No I've applied recently only as in last month ... but got really nervous and anxious after reading experiences of others so got curious and went out to ask ...
I feel really sad for you and can totally understand what you guys are going through .. I mean the time taken is really very long and I am sure highly frustrating for both of you ...but I don't think so that ' second marriage ' should of any concern to the HO .... but I would seriously advise you to take this further as try to find out the reason... they are answerable to you and should give you a valid reason for the delay so that you can work on it asap ... gawd !! When should I expect my visas :roll: :twisted: :wink:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: U.K. Spouse visa Applied in January 2017 and still waiti

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Did you submit original evidence of the divorce?

Do you meet the financial requirements and submitted the minimum of 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements?

A solicitor has no influence on an application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:05 pm

MrClientServer wrote:
Casa wrote:

Regards
Jos
Hello Casa - Initially was on tier1 and last sept got red passport. Sent application to UKVI sheffield from states. At present I am in Netherlands (business trip). Do you have any info on my query please ? Next week I'll be back to uk and planing to meet my solicitor. Just wondering what solicitor can make difference other than requesting UKVI or should I wait instead of paying to him? Any alternatives...
A multitude of countries issue a 'red passport'. :idea: Assuming you mean that you have been issued with an EU passport, why would you be applying for a UK spouse visa...or am I missing something here? :?

Edit: Or do you mean your wife has submitted a settlement visa application :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Casa wrote:

Regards
Jos
Hi casa
Just want a little clarity if possible.. so now that the HO is taking so long to release visas will they not work on it as in some ways to sought this out and people start getting thr visas well on time ...