ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Credit Card balance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Credit Card balance

Post by VirtualWaver » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi All,

I have a credit card that I am using on regular basis and also repaying the minimum amount every month. Never had any issues with the bank / repayment, etc. I just owe them around 2000 and pay 100 every month.

My question is: when I apply to ILR can visa officers refuse my application saying I owe money to the bank or this is not considered as a debt? Do I need to fully clear my credit card and then apply to ILR?

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Credit Card balance

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:33 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:Hi All,

I have a credit card that I am using on regular basis and also repaying the minimum amount every month. Never had any issues with the bank / repayment, etc. I just owe them around 2000 and pay 100 every month.

My question is: when I apply to ILR can visa officers refuse my application saying I owe money to the bank or this is not considered as a debt? Do I need to fully clear my credit card and then apply to ILR?

Thanks.
No. This isn't relevant to your ILR application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Thank you so much for your help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:46 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:Thank you so much for your help!
You're most welcome.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.