ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP application question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nadrev
Newly Registered

JCAP application question

Post by Nadrev » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:53 am

Hi, im new here and really need some advice. We have applied as a couple- husband and wife through JCAP on Friday 16th of June, they've posted the application on the following Monday and the Home Office received it on Tuesday 20 June 2017. About 7 working days later my husband received an email confirmation that the pack has been received and they took the money out on the 24th of June. On the 27th of June they took money out for the passports. Also in between this dates we had the letter asking for our biometrics which we sent straight away.

Now comes my confusion : on Wednesday the 28th of June I received an automatic text message from HMPO saying: we'll contact you by 19/07/17 if more info or an interview is required. If not, expect your passport by this date. No further update on progress will be given. Two days later I receive a letter dated Thursday the 29th of June from HMPO requesting 4 new photographs as some of the one sent had some marks on them (used to be stapled). I sent them this Saturday. My question and confusion is why did they started on the passport pack if the citizenship hasn't been granted? Is this just a normal way of doing things, maybe they just want to make sure they have all the information they need? If I remember correctly I think some of my husband photographs are stapled but he didn't receive any letter about this. My understanding was that no one is going to look at the passport application until we are granted citizenship and attended ceremony. Does it make sense? Thank you and hope that someone can offer some advice or reassurance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: JCAP application question

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:59 am

They are standard responses from HMPO. You won't get your passport till after you attend the ceremony and the council notifies HO that you have attended anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nadrev
Newly Registered

Re: JCAP application question

Post by Nadrev » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:03 am

ok thank you. I thought so too. I think my confusion was mainly because they asked for the new photos and I didn't understand why they already started looking at it. but it makes sense that they just want probably to make sure you have all the paperwork required first.