ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

recruitment agencies fees

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mbg

recruitment agencies fees

Post by mbg » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:07 am

hi
i was offered a job in uk through a uk recruitment agency (bbt) but they still have not told me what their fees are. does anybody know what are the fees of the recruitment agencies (% of the salary) and are they base on the first month salary or the first year salary?

bs
Newly Registered

fees

Post by bs » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:34 am

As far as I know, no recruitment agency in UK charges fees from the candidates. They get their commission from the employer/s. There are some 'staffing and supplying' agencies who take you on their 'net pay' meaning they take a slice off the pay they get from the employer. But this is only for sub-contracted work.

mbg

Post by mbg » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:41 am

thanks bs,
i hope you are right, but i think there is a percentage that the recruiters will take from your first annual or monthly (hope to be monthly) salary. when i recieved the job offer the recruitment agent told me that when i get to uk she will tell me "what my rents are". but she did't mention any figires so i am wondering what this "rents" could be.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:39 am

mbg, it is illegal for UK recruitment agencies to charge a fee to those they find work for. Any fee will be paid by the employer who has taken on the new recruit.

"Rents"? I wonder as well.
John