ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP for Post graduate Study!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

digiboy
Newly Registered

HSMP for Post graduate Study!

Post by digiboy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:28 pm

Hello mates I just read the new HSMP rules and found now post graduate students are now eligible for 2 years under HSMP category!!

Like IGS old format ,can I now apply for this HSMP with my post graduate diploma certificate?

Here is the 10th paragraph from the home offfice website

10. The Highly Skilled tier will embrace:

General
For migrants who wish to find highly skilled employment in the UK.

Entrepreneurs
For those investing in the UK by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of, a business.

Investors
For high net worth individuals making a
substantial financial investment in the UK.

Post-Study Work
This category aims to retain the most able international graduates who have studied in the UK. It will also enhance the UK’s overall offer
to international students.

Post Study Work will be part of the Highly Skilled tier because successful applicants will be free to seek employment without having a
sponsor. But, unlike the other Highly Skilled sub-categories, it is there only to provide a bridge to highly skilled or skilled work. People
with Post Study Work leave will be expected to switch into another part of the points system as soon as they are able to do so.

To encourage people to switch, leave will be fixed at 2 years maximum, it will not be possible to apply for further leave and time spent in the
sub-category will not count towards the threshold for being eligible to apply for settlement.

Isn't this a great news?