ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit and ILR and continuing leave

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Andy69
Newly Registered

Work Permit and ILR and continuing leave

Post by Andy69 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:39 am

Hello, everyone. I am new to the forum and would appreciate greatly if someone could shed some light on the question that botheres me much.

I entered the UK in October 2003 as a holder of a Work Permit and has been with the same employer ever since. My initial Work Permit and Entry Clearance were for 2 years. My employer applied for the work permit extension ("in line with an Immigration Employment Document") at the beginning of October 2005; it was granted along with Leave to Remain for another 5 years.

There is a gap between dates on the stamps in my passport as follows: my initial EC expired 26 Oct 2005; my following Limited Leave to Remain started 18 Nov 2005 (as shown in my passport). All that time I was working with the same employer and in the same position.

My question is:

Do I qualify to apply for ILR in October 2008 (which is 5 full years since I started my employment)?

Many thanks.

Andy

Edit

Thanks for a quick reply. I appreciate your help. After having done some Google search about SAB/Data Protection Unit, I am sending a letter of request to Border and Immigration Agency. I hope everything will be finel and am keeping my fingers crossed!
Last edited by Andy69 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boonworkpermit
Newly Registered

Post by boonworkpermit » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:02 pm

It depends on whether your FLR application was
submitted before 26-Oct-2005.

If you don't have any evidence on hand to prove this (e.g., royal mail
special delivery slip), I would suggest
that you request SAB and check the photocopied records to see on which date the HO had received the application.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:03 pm

It's good to have proof of in-time submission anyway. By the way, the Subject Access Bureau is now called Data Protection Unit.