ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Maintenance Funds question

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gab1234
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Maintenance Funds question

Post by gab1234 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:50 pm

Hello. I'm working on my Tier 4 visa application with the help of advisers, and while all my documents have been translated I was told by those advisers I did not need to translate my bank statements. My bank statements are stamped and signed by my bank on every page, but I was told they don't need to be translated. However, when I read online people say that it does. I was wondering, what's the truth? Do they need to be translated?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 Maintenance Funds question

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:45 pm

See paragrpah 39B of the immigration rules:

(f) Where any specified documents provided are not in English or Welsh, the applicant must provide the original and a full translation that can be independently verified by the Entry Clearance Officer, Immigration Officer or the Secretary of State.
The translation must be dated and include:
(i) confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
(ii) the full name and original signature of the translator or an authorised official of the translation company;
(iii) the translator or translation company’s contact details; and
(iv) if the applicant is applying for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, certification by a qualified translator and details of the translator or translation company’s credentials.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.