ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa required for Critical skill employment permit?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mageshsaace
Newly Registered

Visa required for Critical skill employment permit?

Post by mageshsaace » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi,
I already got my critical skill employment permit. I'm from india. My company says that just an entry permit is enough rather than an visa. But the immigration sites suggest that i need to hold an visa in order to enter ireland. Can any one please advice on this?

Aaron-Law

Re: Visa required for Critical skill employment permit?

Post by Aaron-Law » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:39 pm

mageshsaace wrote:Hi,
I already got my critical skill employment permit. I'm from india. My company says that just an entry permit is enough rather than an visa. But the immigration sites suggest that i need to hold an visa in order to enter ireland. Can any one please advice on this?
Hi Mageshsaace,
Good Afternoon.

The immigration system in Ireland works a bit differently. You will first be granted an entry permit which will enable you to travel to the Republic of Ireland. This permit will be a "D" category visa endorsed/ stuck in your passport. Once you arrive in the state (Ireland) you will have to visit the local GNIB* (Immigration office) to get a residency card/ visa etc..

Ireland does not usually issue long duration visas from abroad. I know you may feel that this is a bit vague in contrast to other countries that issue long duration visas from inception. But this is the Irish system of issuing visas and residency.

*GNIB = Garda Naturalisation and Immigration Bureau.

I hope the above helps.

Thank you,
Regards,

Aaron.

mageshsaace
Newly Registered

Post by mageshsaace » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:58 am

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for the valuable reply.
I'm now stuck with the point on how to apply for the entry permit. Can you please guide on how should i apply for the entry permit.

And i need to clear my understanding that whether visa and entry permit are different?

Many thanks,
Magesh

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:23 am

You'll need an employment visa to travel to Ireland. There's guidelines on all of the supporting documents you'll need to supply with the visa application.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Employment%20(Permits%20etc.)

Then, after you use that and travel to Ireland as mentioned you'll have to register with the GNIB to get Stamp 1 residency whereby you can stay longer. That has to be done usually within 3 months max of arriving.

Guidelines on that are here:
http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/regist ... ork-permit
http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/regist ... mps#stamp1

mageshsaace
Newly Registered

Post by mageshsaace » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:29 am

Hi Zoot7,

Thanks for guiding me on the process.

Regards,
Magesh

akhilachandran
Newly Registered

Post by akhilachandran » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi Magesh,

How soon after applying for the Critical Skills Permit did you receive it?

Thanks,
Akhila