ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you I need to prove my maintance funds

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1etier2g
Newly Registered

Switching to new sponsor from current tier 2 sponsor in UK

Post by tier1etier2g » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 am

I have been in the Uk under tier 2 general visa with my dependents . All our visas are valid up to May-01-2019

Recently I have attend the interview and got selected to new sponsor. They are ready to sponsor me for better salary.

Now I am planning to choose one day premium visa to apply for tier 2 general visa to work for new sponsor.

Do my dependents also have to apply for tier 2 general visa.

I heard my dependents are not required to apply for tier 2 general visa along with me as their tier 2 general dependent visas are still valid till May-01-2019 - I went through guidance to find this point but I am not find any related to this in guidance.

Please provide me home office guidance link to prove this point / let us know if there is any one who applied already with out dependents under tier 2 general visa.

Thanks for your help in advance.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Switching to new sponsor from current tier 2 sponsor in

Post by iworker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:18 am

Its been seen on the forum that the dependents dont need to renew their visa once the main applicant changes.
Not everything is written down in rules. Sometimes, UKVi prefers to stay quite on certain things, this being one of them.

tier1etier2g
Newly Registered

Post by tier1etier2g » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 am

iworker wrote:Its been seen on the forum that the dependents dont need to renew their visa once the main applicant changes.
Not everything is written down in rules. Sometimes, UKVi prefers to stay quite on certain things, this being one of them.

Thanks iworker.

could some one please provide me the home office contact number to enquiry about the this.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:51 pm

They are notoriously famous for giving wrong information.
To prove the above statement, ring them 2 times in quick succession, and you will get conflicting information each time.

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Post by gratefulhart » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:58 pm

See the quote from the PBS dependant guidance Page 8, Paragraph 32:

"32.If the main migrant changes employer or educational institution, and is therefore issued with a new
certificate of sponsorship and applying for leave to remain to work or study under their new
sponsor, dependants do not have to apply with them for leave to remain. Instead PBS dependants
can remain in the UK until the end of the validity period of their existing PBS dependant leave .
They can later apply for leave to remain to bring their leave in line with the leave of the PBS
migrant.
"

tier1etier2g
Newly Registered

Post by tier1etier2g » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:27 pm

gratefulhart wrote:See the quote from the PBS dependant guidance Page 8, Paragraph 32:

"32.If the main migrant changes employer or educational institution, and is therefore issued with a new
certificate of sponsorship and applying for leave to remain to work or study under their new
sponsor, dependants do not have to apply with them for leave to remain. Instead PBS dependants
can remain in the UK until the end of the validity period of their existing PBS dependant leave .
They can later apply for leave to remain to bring their leave in line with the leave of the PBS
migrant.
"
Thanks a lot gratefulhart.

Does this mean if tier 2 general main applicant switches to tier 4 student route, are tier 2 general dependents allowed to stay in uk till end of their tier 2 general route validate period with out applying for tier 4 student dependent visa

tier1etier2g
Newly Registered

Do you I need to prove my maintance funds

Post by tier1etier2g » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:25 pm

I have been in the Uk under tier 2 general visa with my dependents . All our visas are valid up to May-01-2019

Recently I have attend the interview and got selected to new sponsor. They are ready to sponsor me for better salary.

Now I am planning to choose one day premium visa to apply for tier 2 general visa to work for new sponsor.

Do I need to still prove my maintenance funds even though my current visa is valid at the time of application

tier1etier2g
Newly Registered

Re: Do you I need to prove my maintance funds

Post by tier1etier2g » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:50 am

tier1etier2g wrote:I have been in the Uk under tier 2 general visa with my dependents . All our visas are valid up to May-01-2019

Do I need to still prove my maintenance funds even though my current visa is valid at the time of application
can you please some one reply to this please asap